Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen

LOL ...

I think about it like this ... Traditional Christianity is like someone trying to sell me a big pot of stewed fecal matter ... It looks horrible, smells horrible, and in fact it tastes horrible and is spiritually malignant, poisoning the soul that would ingest it.

They put a little pink cherry on top and say, yum yum, looks good doesn't it ... a stewed fecal Sunday with a cherry on top, now eat it and say how much you love it like its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You see, the Eternal Torment of the vast majority of Humanity who has ever lived is the Strewed fecal Sunday, and the cherry on top that is supposed to make it Good, or appetizing, is the idea that if you buy it and then ingest it you will be spared from the negative consequences of it all ... But the fact is by buying it and eating it one is poisoning their own conscience and ends up in a state of spiritual maleficence towards most of their fellow human beings in the world around them.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-28-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
This is why I don't accept that the Bible is infallible. I think the Word of God is in the Bible, but it is wrapped in words of humans - the effort of human beings to describe the history of their faith without the benefit of full knowledge and understanding that God has. Human beings attributed certain things to God and described them accordingly. I cannot today read the Old Testament and square the image of the wrathful God with the promises of the New Testament, unless I accept that not everything described in the Old Testament (and some in the New also!) happened exactly as described or exactly for the reasons described. That does not mean I abandon passages of the Bible that are disturbing to me or contradictory to what I feel the Holy Spirit leads me to, but it does mean I don't always accept literally the words as they appear on the page. I am sure they are preserved for a reason, just maybe the reason is not very clear.

The poster who said you won't find the answers you need on bulletin boards like this is right on. You need to spend time reading the Bible itself and delve into some of the Bible commentaries that are available. Go to a secular bookstore, like Barnes & Noble, to get a broader selection. I'm a huge fan of Bishop Shelby Spong who wrote "Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalists". Just as I was ready to turn away from the Bible, I read that book and was brought back to it.
Well said. I agree, for which I have been kicked off of UR boards even. There are actually 'fundy UR' types who will not allow this sort of freedom of thought and expression, unfortunately.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well who was the we he was referring to ? , if he meant what you are trying to say , why didn't he say since you are the offspring of God, instead of since we are ? .
Then we are gods indeed...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Yes!...the ones who love Him....I know what you are saying.
Israel...is who He came to save, and via Paul's epistles now realized...Jew and Gentile as Israel is justified now.
This is why it is so important to enter into Christ's covenant and become an Israelite, because only until then, are you justified.
Why it is so important to spred the gospel, so that His government does increase.
The Gentiles are sons by adoption...the Israelites are sons by God's original covenant...Which will never change..fact is the Gentiles are not natural children, but adopted children...they are Jews by adoption...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then we are gods indeed...
You still haven't answered my question . Why did Paul say since we ? instead of Since you ?.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

We are gods in the same sense as we are His offspring .

We were created in the image of God

Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
When the critical and ultimate summary of your professed "gospel" or the religion you espouse is that most of humanity who has ever lived will suffer everlasting unending torment in fire and that only a very few will be saved from such a fate even though they don't really deserve to be saved, i find it very difficult, nay ... rationally and spiritually impossible ... to agree with you about what you believe to be and so call "Good News".

I call it a divine nightmare and a Cosmic travesty of all that is True and Good and Pure ... A cosmic travesty of Love Faith and Hope in the true living God ...
It is good news to those that God calls...it is foolishness to those that are perishing...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is good news to those that God calls...it is foolishness to those that are perishing...
Did you know you were perishing at one time and the gospel was foolishness to you ?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus said to whom?

The chosen... the elect... the judges... all apply to those JESUS SPOKE to. The results of the kingdom and new covenant are that ALL ARE SAVED. There was an obvious 40 year transition period between old and new covenant!

LET US ALL use our reading comprehension to determine that when someone is spoken to in the bible the person is to receive the message not people 2000+ years later.
your understanding is dim...you took a verse out of context...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Then prove what you said. Or remain silent. Put up or shut up!!!
your understanding is dim...what would be the point?...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ...

I think about it like this ... Traditional Christianity is like someone trying to sell me a big pot of stewed fecal matter ... It looks horrible, smells horrible, and in fact it tastes horrible and is spiritually malignant, poisoning the soul that would ingest it.

They put a little pink cherry on top and say, yum yum, looks good doesn't it ... a stewed fecal Sunday with a cherry on top, now eat it and say how much you love it like its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You see, the Eternal Torment of the vast majority of Humanity who has ever lived is the Strewed fecal Sunday, and the cherry on top that is supposed to make it Good, or appetizing, is the idea that if you buy it and then ingest it you will be spared from the negative consequences of it all ... But the fact is by buying it and eating it one is poisoning their own conscience and ends up in a state of spiritual maleficence towards most of their fellow human beings in the world around them.
Since you desired not the Truth God has sent you a dilusion so that you would believe a lie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality