Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
My religious tradition has supported gaining knowledge, asking the questions and allowing for a difference of practice. What Islam has is a narrow view of itself and the need to have all fit into a narrow practice.

You are completely wrong about Islam.

And who said the religion of Islam does not require asking questions or believing with thinking not blindly.

Tell me where your religion "support gaining knowledge, asking the questions and allowing for a difference of practice" but tell me all that from the Torah of God itself not from the books of rabbis or the Talmud.

And when you tell me that according to the Torah of God, I shall give you much of that according to the Quran of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
You are completely wrong about Islam.

And who said the religion of Islam does not require asking questions or believing with thinking not blindly.

Tell me where your religion "support gaining knowledge, asking the questions and allowing for a difference of practice" but tell me all that from the Torah of God itself not from the books of rabbis or the Talmud.

And when you tell me that according to the Torah of God, I shall give you much of that according to the Quran of God.
I spent enough time studying Islam and associating with muslims that I know I am not wrong. But I won't argue further with you because it is never ending as you refuse to acknowledge others might just be right.

I am proud to be part of a community with a rich heritage of rabbinic scholarship to be able to look back and be connected with Jews both past and present and into the future. To hear the voices of our early sages to the modern voices and to feel the connection. I don't need to prove anything, for I believe G-d has a place for all his children.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 07-16-2010 at 10:16 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 12:32 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Iran will NOT be victorious . . . it will be lucky to survive intact! Religious madmen run it and religious madmen will cause its destruction. God help the fools.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default Stand up for Peace, not Islam!

Quote:
It is your ignorance that is horrible, and your purpose is corruptional.

Man is free to choose either to be a believer in God alone without associate or son or wife and to act righteously; or to associate other beings with his God and to wrong others.

When the apostle comes and invites his people to worship God alone and to act righteously: people will divide into two parties:

The wrong-doers will not respond and will keep up on their atheism and idolatry.

While the kind-hearted who help the poor and needy will answer his call and believe in God alone and will give the charity alms to the poor and needy and help the weak.

He will admit, into His mercy [: His Paradise], whomsoever He will [if that one is not a wrong-doer];

as for the wrong-doers, He has prepared for them a painful chastisement.)
Just a word to the wise, eanassir; you may not be the best spokesperson for Islam. Threats from theocratic thugs don't work too well on most Westerners; we've learned to ignore them or respond as necessary if provoked.

We atheists are not wrong-doers by any count, unlike the vile fanatic Muslims we hear of almost daily. Murderers, inciters, mobsters. And unlike all dogmatic theisms, we do not engage in idolatry as you suggest. You guys though? Be assured: if there is an afterlife, God has filled hell with those Muslims who have killed so many innocents in the name of Allah, who is probably also residing there as well for his pedophillia and acts of barbarous evil.

And we're still waiting for the upstanding peaceful Muslim community to at the very least make a national media commentary and profess their intense disgust of those acts of pure hateful Muslim-based aggression.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
No, as long as things like this continue, there is no victory in Iran.

Sunni group claims Iran mosque blast killing 27
By NASSER KARIMI and LEE KEATH (AP) – 33 minutes ago
TEHRAN, Iran — A Sunni insurgent group said it carried out a double suicide bombing against a Shiite mosque in southeast Iran to avenge the execution of its leader, as Iranian authorities Friday said the death toll rose to 27 people, including members of the elite Revolutionary Guard.

The Associated Press: Sunni group claims Iran mosque blast killing 27

Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, as long as things like this continue, there is no victory in Iran.

Sunni group claims Iran mosque blast killing 27
By NASSER KARIMI and LEE KEATH (AP) – 33 minutes ago
TEHRAN, Iran — A Sunni insurgent group said it carried out a double suicide bombing against a Shiite mosque in southeast Iran to avenge the execution of its leader, as Iranian authorities Friday said the death toll rose to 27 people, including members of the elite Revolutionary Guard.

The Associated Press: Sunni group claims Iran mosque blast killing 27

Yaa...I heard that. But how does Libya become the appropriate neutral state for dealing with the Gaza situation? The righteous god of Jehovah...

Last edited by tgnostic; 07-16-2010 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: No brainer after-all.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Just a word to the wise, eanassir; you may not be the best spokesperson for Islam. Threats from theocratic thugs don't work too well on most Westerners; we've learned to ignore them or respond as necessary if provoked.

We atheists are not wrong-doers by any count, unlike the vile fanatic Muslims we hear of almost daily. Murderers, inciters, mobsters. And unlike all dogmatic theisms, we do not engage in idolatry as you suggest. You guys though? Be assured: if there is an afterlife, God has filled hell with those Muslims who have killed so many innocents in the name of Allah, who is probably also residing there as well for his pedophillia and acts of barbarous evil.

And we're still waiting for the upstanding peaceful Muslim community to at the very least make a national media commentary and profess their intense disgust of those acts of pure hateful Muslim-based aggression.

As I said, rifleman, my words have been directed to our brothers: the Iranians in particular, and I gave them some links in Arabic and English; because I don't know Persian, and certainly there will be some Iraninans and others who may read such words to know that we intend to defend God and His religion whose principle is the First Commandment.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...mmandment.html

God has no bias: All people are his created beings: if you are not wrong-doers (how can you assert this? I shall explain this); so if you are not wrong-doers, it may be God will guide you in order to reward you in Paradise.

Wrong-doing is very tremendous: it includes wronging others: the parents, the neigbors and others and even yourself: you may wrong yourself.

Your wrong is so evident as you bar people from God's religion by claiming the Quran is not wise and is not from God and by opposing God's religion you have committed a great sin; as in the Quran 47: 34

إModerator cut: deleted - English only

The explanation:
(Those who disbelieve [in the Quran] and bar [people] from God's way and then die being disbelievers; God will not forgive them [their sins.])

www.quran-ayat.com

Therefore, all "the vile fanatic Muslims we hear of almost daily. Murderers, inciters, mobsters" --> all these in fact are misguided and they are associaters and idolaters inspite of being Muslims, and when the Mahdi will come they will be his enemies.

So "Be assured: if there is an afterlife, God has filled hell with those Muslims who have killed so many innocents in the name of Allah" it may be you are right concerning every criminal whether Muslim or not.

So now the situation has become almost equal for Muslims and non-Muslims whether in the Arab land or in America or Europe or elsewhere: anyone whether Muslim or not who associates with God other beings whether Mohammed, Ali, Jesus or Bar Yohaya or others will be condemned and God will punish such associater, idolater or atheist unless he desists from his disbelief.

A call from God to the people of the Bible (: Jews and Christians)
<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english2.htm#A_Call_from_God_to_the_People_of_the_ Scripture_>

Last edited by june 7th; 07-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Per the Terms of Service - English only

Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I spent enough time studying Islam and associating with muslims that I know I am not wrong. But I won't argue further with you because it is never ending as you refuse to acknowledge others might just be right.
You evaded my question, and did not answer it: because you said that your religion the Judaism ecourages the thinking and asking and inquiring to reach the truth; and you may be right because originally it was the religion revealed from God; so I asked you to give me the ayat of the Torah itself (not the traditions of the rabbis and sages) including such encouragement, but you did not answer this.

Moreover, you are wrong completely concerning the Islam when you said it does not encourage the thinking and inquiring and investigating to reach the truth.

Quote:
I am proud to be part of a community with a rich heritage of rabbinic scholarship to be able to look back and be connected with Jews both past and present and into the future. To hear the voices of our early sages to the modern voices and to feel the connection. I don't need to prove anything, for I believe G-d has a place for all his children.
Such your community with its rabbinic schlarship, and your early and late sages will not avail you anything against God:

because you deny His apostles Jesus and Mohammed who (like Moses) invited people to God alone like to the First Commandment and brought the word of God included in the Gospel and the Quran.

And this is what Jesus condemned them that they follow only their traditions rather than the revelation from God.

And as in the Quran 3: 85

Moderator cut: deleted - English only

The explanation:
(And whoso seeks as religion, other than the Islam, it will not be accepted from him [because the past religions were altered],

and he shall, in the afterlife, be of those who lose [the prosperity of Paradise.])

www.quran-ayat.com

Last edited by june 7th; 07-20-2010 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Per the TOS - English only

Old 07-17-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Iran will NOT be victorious . . . it will be lucky to survive intact! Religious madmen run it and religious madmen will cause its destruction. God help the fools.
It may be you are right, and it may be you will prove wrong.

So for this purpose, I said to them the true solution of this situation, the thing that is true concerning you and all others.

Be with God and God will be with you.
If people devote themselves to God alone without associate they will be victorious, but if they keep up to their enthusiasm concerning the imams of Ahlul Bait: the family of Prophet Mohammed --> they will fail.

If man follows the atheism --> he will perish and lose, and it may be God will shorten his life time and bring his death hour earlier to rid people from his evil and his poison that he spreads.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/shabaha/4.htm#48

http://www.quran-ayat.com/hour/an_ho...n_Is_Up_to_Him

Last edited by eanassir; 07-17-2010 at 08:34 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 08:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Such your community with its rabbinic schlarship, and your early and late sages will not avail you anything against God:

because you deny His apostles Jesus and Mohammed who (like Moses) invited people to God alone like to the First Commandment and brought the word of God included in the Gospel and the Quran.
So in other words, your belief writes off Judaism. You could have come right out and said so, and everything would have been clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality