Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,993,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No. there is no evidence that the earth rotates, revolves, or tilts.
You haven't seen it, and there is proof that it does not, besides the Word of God, but you are not interested in proofs. you deny that they are there, and mock the Word of God and mock all who believe it is true, frm Genesis 1.
I would respond that the seasons are proof of a tilted earth,along with the movement of galaxies through the sky proof of a rotating earth,Moderator cut: insult

Moderator cut: insult

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: "wallowing in their ignorance" referring to JSM is an insult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,642,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No. there is no evidence that the earth rotates, revolves, or tilts.
You haven't seen it, and there is proof that it does not, besides the Word of God, but you are not interested in proofs. you deny that they are there, and mock the Word of God and mock all who believe it is true, frm Genesis 1.
Yes I have seen it, see I pay attention to science and I look to educate myself. You just choose to ignore proven facts and observation because it goes against your beliefs, I dont have that problem.
Your word of god is just a book written by people you never met thousands of years ago, yet you follow blindly without any proof. At least I have SEEN the proof.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18390332891454

Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,904,198 times
yeshuasavedme, how can you discount so much knowledge? Simply because an ancient book says so, it 'proves' everything observed as false? If so, why would God put all this stuff into existence in a manner that will mislead? Science seeks truth, not to mislead. What is so scary about knowing the truth?

What do you think about this video? This is based on all accumulated astronomical knowledge up to this point. It wasn't made up, it's based on what has been observed and tested. So really, I am curious to know your opinion on this:

YouTube - The Known Universe by AMNH

Last edited by 11thHour; 07-08-2010 at 12:33 AM..

Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,550,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes I have seen it, see I pay attention to science and I look to educate myself. You just choose to ignore proven facts and observation because it goes against your beliefs, I dont have that problem.
Your word of god is just a book written by people you never met thousands of years ago, yet you follow blindly without any proof. At least I have SEEN the proof.

Earth From Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
yeshuasavedme, how can you discount so much knowledge? Simply because an ancient book says so, it 'proves' everything observed as false? If so, why would God put all this stuff into existence in a manner that will mislead? Science seeks truth, not to mislead. What is so scary about knowing the truth?

What do you think about this video? This is based on all accumulated astrological knowledge up to this point. It wasn't made up, it's based on what has been observed and tested. So really, I am curious to know your opinion on this:

YouTube - The Known Universe by AMNH
~Awe-inspiring~

Thank you so much for sharing...

Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,458,877 times
This thread is reopened and is being moved to the Religion and Philosophy forum where it is more suited..

Please do not attack each other ...just the idea..Thank you

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-08-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality