Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Let me know if you ever come back from La La land.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The word (and it is a word, NOT a name) 'Satan' means 'adversary.' It is not specified as to exactly who or what this being was. In fact, it's quite possible that the use of the word 'Satan' in different books of the Bible refers to different people, according to the story being related. Therefore it has always been open to interpretation. Or wild imagination, as the case may be. And the Book of Job is not meant to be taken literally, no matter how many times you read it.

Regards.
I take all the characters in the Bible to be fiction. They always have been. We just forgot or at least literalists and fundamentals forgot because they do not think very well. That comes with the belief in talking animals and a God who has all kinds of miracles but would rather kill and murder us than cure us.

Regards
DL

Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I take all the characters in the Bible to be fiction. They always have been.
And you know this how?

Quote:
We just forgot or at least literalists and fundamentals forgot because they do not think very well.
Why makes you think you're more intelligent?

Quote:
That comes with the belief in talking animals and a God who has all kinds of miracles but would rather kill and murder us than cure us.

Regards
DL
God did provide a cure. Jesus died for our sins. Believe & you will be cured!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone believes in God...but not Jesus.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And you know this how?

Why makes you think you're more intelligent?

There are no true believers. Just hypocrites.

This is how a true Christian show his faith.

You might note that there is no one here with faith.
If there was, we would all know it.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 16:17-18.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

There is a small mountain of 16,000 people that will starve today and tomorrow and so on if you do not step up and show your faith.

Regards
DL

Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone believes in God...but not Jesus.
Here we go Fred, now you and I know what is to come....

Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Let’s check the math on the Trinity.
Math never lies.

Is God/Trinity 100% God or 300% or 400% ?

God the Father is 100% God.
God the Holy Spirit is 100% God.
God/Jesus the Son is 100% God.
God Jesus is 100% Man.
All would have their Natures.

The Trinity must then consist of the God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, Jesus/God Nature and Jesus/Man Nature.

Is that not four distinct Natures?

Trinity means three, should we not be calling it something else?

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 PM

460 posts, read 593,012 times
"upon their heads"

What if a person is incapable of accepting a particular belief, doctrine, or dogma?

It appears to me that that a "great sin" we humans make is the propensity to put all things into two columns: an "either - or," a "black-and-white."

Each of us has our own unique mental ability. We, like snowflakes, are not the same mentally.

We have been crippled through physical degradation, emotional damage, and psychological damage.

While we humans prefer the two-column approach to life, especially in judging others, beliefs, theories, and the like, there is a huge range of "grey" degrees between the supposed "black" and "white."

I believe there are many, many different reasons for why a person cannot believe any thought proposed by another person.

It is that belief that moves me to refrain from judging a person as to whether or not they will enter a mythological realm in the afterlife.

It is this belief that also moves me to consider that a real God takes into account our individual uniqueness and the extreme fraility of the human mind (physically and psychologically). Any other kind of god, to me, just isn't a god at all--or at least, for me, not a god to be given any kind of consideration whatsoever.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
"upon their heads"

What if a person is incapable of accepting a particular belief, doctrine, or dogma?

It appears to me that that a "great sin" we humans make is the propensity to put all things into two columns: an "either - or," a "black-and-white."

Each of us has our own unique mental ability. We, like snowflakes, are not the same mentally.

We have been crippled through physical degradation, emotional damage, and psychological damage.

While we humans prefer the two-column approach to life, especially in judging others, beliefs, theories, and the like, there is a huge range of "grey" degrees between the supposed "black" and "white."

I believe there are many, many different reasons for why a person cannot believe any thought proposed by another person.

It is that belief that moves me to refrain from judging a person as to whether or not they will enter a mythological realm in the afterlife.

It is this belief that also moves me to consider that a real God takes into account our individual uniqueness and the extreme fraility of the human mind (physically and psychologically). Any other kind of god, to me, just isn't a god at all--or at least, for me, not a god to be given any kind of consideration whatsoever.
Unbelief does sound like a crime of reverse onus where the suspect has to prove he did not do not actively do something as opposed to the accuser proving that he did.

Lord's judgment.
Did you believe?
No God I did not have any about to show the way to you.
Can you prove this?
No God, I cannot.
Unfortunate for you then. Burn forever.

Regards
DL

Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Let me know if you ever come back from La La land.

Regards
DL
Never been there...what's it like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality