Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone believes in God...but not Jesus.
Jesus is God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus is God.
God cannot die.

Regrads
DL

Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
I am seriously perplexed by the religious in this present day and age...and I am speaking generally to those to adhere to the written alleged holy books. With all the information that is available to the masses today regarding ancient history, ancient archeology, astrotheology, ancient mythology, ancient comparative religions, etc...I truly don't understand why anyone would still be adhereing to and treating these books as if they are something special when they are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be nothing but myths and falsehoods just by even the most basic study of those things listed above. Can anyone explain this to me?????

Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
God cannot die.

Regrads
DL
The spirit cannot die, but the body that God (the Son) dwelt in died for three days while the spirit of God went into the earth.

It was in the earth that Jesus preached to those in prision and as the bible says "He led captivity captive". Then he asscended above all heavens to fill all things.

Jesus' body is now alive and Jesus now sits on the right hand of the Father waiting until God has made his enemies his footstool. Then he will return to reign for eternity on the earth.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I am seriously perplexed by the religious in this present day and age...and I am speaking generally to those to adhere to the written alleged holy books. With all the information that is available to the masses today regarding ancient history, ancient archeology, astrotheology, ancient mythology, ancient comparative religions, etc...I truly don't understand why anyone would still be adhereing to and treating these books as if they are something special when they are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be nothing but myths and falsehoods just by even the most basic study of those things listed above. Can anyone explain this to me?????
Yes.

Regards
DL
Attached Thumbnails
This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.-_iq_vs_religion.png  

Old 07-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The spirit cannot die, but the body that God (the Son) dwelt in died for three days while the spirit of God went into the earth.

It was in the earth that Jesus preached to those in prision and as the bible says "He led captivity captive". Then he asscended above all heavens to fill all things.

Jesus' body is now alive and Jesus now sits on the right hand of the Father waiting until God has made his enemies his footstool. Then he will return to reign for eternity on the earth.
Ya.
Attached Thumbnails
This speaks to the purpose of the Bible.-7ts00r1whe-t.jpg  

Old 07-20-2010, 08:18 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post

Nikk....have you ever studied Ancient Astrotheology? If not...I'm going to suggest that you take a glance at it and you will clearly see the meaning of the 3 days as well as many other interesting and eye opening things you surely have not known or have never been told before.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
The bible has not been proven false, but on the contrary, it is used as a reliable source for many studies like archeology.

So, if it is reliable on the things that can be tested, it opens it to be trusted on the things that cannot be tested (ie. those things pertaining to the spirit world).

Old 07-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Nikk....have you ever studied Ancient Astrotheology? If not...I'm going to suggest that you take a glance at it and you will clearly see the meaning of the 3 days as well as many other interesting and eye opening things you surely have not known or have never been told before.
I am talking about the bible and specific references of bible verses to DL's comment that God cannot die.

This has nothing to do with Astrotheology!

The bible can open your eyes to God, try reading it.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Ya.
No, his name is "Yah" as in Yahweh or the name of Jesus in the Hebrew "Yahoshua" or in terms like Halleluyah (translated: Praise God).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality