Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution?
Yes 112 78.87%
No 30 21.13%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,810,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief!
I second that!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temperanceBrennan View Post
I am surprised you evolutionists dont live like robots! Watch Bones TV show. See how Temperance the genius scientist explain everything scientifically even the sexual urges. What I am trying to say is, I dont think you evolutionists have the right for emotions.... or love at least in the level that we non logical people see it... Anyway, all emotions can be scientifically explained right?!!! Right...... wow, ROBOTS!
Hi evo. Thanks for the PM by the way....nice to know you love me!!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM

4,903 posts, read 6,001,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temperanceBrennan View Post
I am surprised you evolutionists dont live like robots! Watch Bones TV show. See how Temperance the genius scientist explain everything scientifically even the sexual urges. What I am trying to say is, I dont think you evolutionists have the right for emotions.... or love at least in the level that we non logical people see it... Anyway, all emotions can be scientifically explained right?!!! Right...... wow, ROBOTS!
Only one post and you've shown your ignorance of evolution and evolutionists. Realizing that is evolution is true doesn't mean living strictly on rationality. Evolutionists have just a right to have emotions as everyone else. Creationists don't have a monopoly on them because they believe in a disproven fantasy. It seems that your post really says creationists are the robots. Instead of actually learning about evolution they just believe whatever the bible or pastor tells them to believe. I'm not sure if you have heard, but for one Temperance Brennan is a fictional character, you don't have to do any digging to figure that out. Secondly, there are many genius scientists and evolutionists in the real world whom have learned that evolution doesn't equal strict unwavering rationalism. You might want to trying learning something about it before you come on here and spout complete ignorance on the matter.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 07-26-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM

50,082 posts, read 20,548,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalBeast
iheres a funny little question though, why was the bible correct about the shape of the earth at Isaiah 40:22 thousands of years before columbus sailed the ocean blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quite simple evo....it wasn't. The Bible describes the Earth as a "circle". A circle has two flat sides. The shape of the Earth is spherical.
Correct. I think this one is finally nailed.

Isa 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth 3427 upon the circle 2329 (chuwg 1) circle, circuit, compass 2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens) of the earth 776, and the inhabitants 3427 thereof [are] as grasshoppers 2284;

It is written 'circle' but that can surely mean a sphere- shape, too? Apparently not The term that would mean both circle and sphere is 'duwr'

Isa 29:3 And I will camp 2583 against thee round about 1754, (duwr 1) ball, circle a) circle b) ball) and will lay siege 6696 against thee with a mount ..

duwr means both circle and ball.

Isa 22:18 He will surely 6801 violently turn 6801 and toss 6802 thee [like] a ball 1754 (duwr 1) ball, circle a) circle b) ball) into a large 7342 3027 country

but chwgh always means (flat) circle, never a sphere.

Isa 44:13 The carpenter 2796 6086 stretcheth out 5186 [his] rule 6957; he marketh it out 8388 with a line 8279; he fitteth 6213 it with planes 4741, and he marketh it out 8388 with the compass 4230,b-mchwgh/mĕchuwgah [1) circle-instrument, compass] {Strongs concordances} and maketh 6213 it after the figure 8403 of a man ...

The sense of a thing 'me-gah' that describes circles (chwgh) is seen here.

For what it's worth the Greek versions use the term 'guros' (circle) to translate this rather than 'sphairos'.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 PM

7,062 posts, read 12,290,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The principles are still proven to completely accurate and you seem to ignore the fact that it says neanderthals have the same common ancestor as humans.
No, no, NO! It states that we share a common ancestor with neanderthals.
Quote:
evidence from sequencing mitochondrial DNA indicates that no significant gene flow occurred between H. neanderthalensis and H. sapiens, and, therefore, the two were separate species that shared a common ancestor about 660,000 years ago.
Human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read between the lines. If we have "a common" ancestor (and are NOT the same exact species), that means we also have "a non-common" ancestor (that is NOT the same species as humans nor neanderthals) . This FACT is one of the biggest lies (or better yet, untold truths) in the human evolution theory. Not only did we evolve, we are also a race of hybrids. The question is "where are our ancestors with the brains that are larger than ours"? The answer is they are probably in the same direction that most people pray. UP!!! And I honestly don't think they are "Gods" either. Call me crazy, but I am starting to believe that our process of evolution had help from non-Earth Homosapiens. That would explain the evolutionary gaps and our love affair with "holy" human-like beings in the sky (that some of us claim) created us. Maybe they did; in a more down to Earth sexual way of course.

Quote:
You seem to just be searching for anything contrary to what you think biological evolution is then say it is discredited. None of your claims do anything to poke holes in the 'theory.'
I am NOT at all trying to do anything but find out the TRUTH. That's it. I am a truth seeker that believes EVERYTHING we study should be rooted in science (and NOT ideology). Religion ain't gonna get us to the TRUTH. Therefore, I don't do religion. Got it! Good!

Now that we've cleared that up, I find it very interesting that creation and evolution both might have been "half-right". If my theory about non-Earth humans is correct, then that would honestly put to rest the origins of religion and the search for all of these "missing links". It is only logical that our "missing links" were smarter than us and probably space traveling.

We have evidence of my theory being true all around us. The Pyramids all over Earth (not just the ones in Egypt). The ancient landing strips in Peru. Multiple languages spoken on Earth (if we all came from the same seed, all languages would be more similar and less numerous). Again, call me crazy, but space traveling human ancestors makes more sense to me than 100% evolution. Like I said, Darwin was half-right IMO.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 07-26-2010 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,453,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Yes and a sphere can be circular!
Stop the presses the Geometry textbooks must be updated immediately

Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Urbancharlotte, you just ruined all your credibility. Evolution by natural selection has mounds of evidence in support of it. The idea of non earth humans is an unsubstantiated fantasy. What you're really doing is looking at things in the world then claiming an external entity influenced their 'creation' because you don't understand it. That's really just an argument from ignorance. There's no empirical evidence to even remotely substantiate your claim. You're right on one thing though. It's all your opinion, not fact.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:11 PM

7,062 posts, read 12,290,538 times
Quote:
Urbancharlotte, you just ruined all your credibility.
You mean to tell me that the "agnostic soldier" has missed all of the History Channel documentaries on this topic? Boy have you been living under a rock. Here's one of MANY! You can google search the others.

YouTube - History Channel Ancient Astronauts Documentary

Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,778,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You mean to tell me that the "agnostic soldier" has missed all of the History Channel documentaries on this topic? Boy have you been living under a rock. Here's one of MANY! You can google search the others.

I'm convinced.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

Scepticism would do you some good. Most scientists and historians find the author's conclusions to be based on faulty pseudo scientific evidence. The other folks conclusions are similarly regarded as nonsense. You may want to learn to look deeper into the subject rather than believing the unsubstantiated conclusions of a few charlatons.

Chariots of the Gods? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality