Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 10:20 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Non-believers DO go door-knocking. Just a few months ago 3 nice ones visited my little town and canvassed it, handing out fliers on their organization, inviting us to come to a service. I had a great conversation with 2 of them.
Uh-oh!

It's...The Christian Wars!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 10:37 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Uh-oh!

It's...The Christian Wars!!!
I never mentioned anything of them being Christians. In fact, I said they were non-believers.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Non-believers DO go door-knocking. Just a few months ago 3 nice ones visited my little town and canvassed it, handing out fliers on their organization, inviting us to come to a service. I had a great conversation with 2 of them.
What kind of service? Were they part of a church, temple or organization? Did they tell you they were non-believers?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I never mentioned anything of them being Christians. In fact, I said they were non-believers.
Oh, Church of Satan?

You said their "service." Was it a massage parlor service? Shoe-shine service? That thing where the barber puts a hot rag on your face while you lie back?

I may have misunderstood.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:13 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
U/U? It sounds a bit odd behaviour.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What kind of service? Were they part of a church, temple or organization? Did they tell you they were non-believers?
You could call it a religious institution. I will not go on from there regarding who/what they are because I would rather not violate any forum rules.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:59 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
I saw a video some teens took of one of them answering the door to talk to a Jehovah's Witness, while naked. And the man stayed there and talked to him!

Old 10-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You could call it a religious institution. I will not go on from there regarding who/what they are because I would rather not violate any forum rules.
Unless there's a swear word or "Hitler" in their name I can't imagine simply stating a religion's name would violate any forum rules.

Was it the Church of Hitler?

You said "non-believers." What do they not believe in? I don't believe in a lot of things. Was this someone who came to your door and said "Have you heard the good news? Unicorns aren't real" or something?

Why not just say what you're talking about instead of attempting to be be controversial and coy?

Old 10-05-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Unless there's a swear word or "Hitler" in their name I can't imagine simply stating a religion's name would violate any forum rules.

Was it the Church of Hitler?

You said "non-believers." What do they not believe in? I don't believe in a lot of things. Was this someone who came to your door and said "Have you heard the good news? Unicorns aren't real" or something?

Why not just say what you're talking about instead of attempting to be be controversial and coy?
They were non-believers in Christianity -- that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross and paid for our salvation. They were knocking on doors. I see no difference between them and the atheists that prosletyze their message of hopelessness. You can say I'm being coy and controversial..but the point remains. They do not believe in Biblical Christianity, and they are going door-to-door to share their message.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
There are no forum rules about identifying groups, organizations, churches, temples, or anyone else who comes to your door.

The Jehovah Witnesses came to my door about a month ago. Two days ago reps from the organization named Century Link came calling to share the good news of changing our cable provider. See? Easy Peasy.

No forum rules on that so you cannot violate them None. Zilch. No worries.

Which organization came to pay you a visit, Viz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality