Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in any God?
Yes 40 36.70%
No 69 63.30%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,644,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
How would that be the easy way out? Wouldn't just killing those involved be the easy way out? Would have ended that right then and there but someone else would have challenged Gods right to rule.

That naked dude or Satan didn't care what would happen to you. They were just concerned with themselves.
It would be the easy way. Oh lets just start over. I shall pick one and leave the rest to die. Instead of making an example of the criminals.

Exactly, the naked dude didn't care, so why should WE be punished for THEIR sins. But I guess if your grandmother committed a crime, you should be punished for it as well, along with all your family, for generations. That is in no way fair or just, and a God a real one would know that as should his followers. But see the Bible was written when everything you did was bad, so they needed a control device, in comes the bible, worked well to scare people into submission. But it is no longer needed it is archaic, outdated and filled with contradictions and horrors and things that are viewed as wrong today (slavery for one), BUT it is still a control device and used for power, brainwashing is still a strong tool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
God has never killed anyone that was faithful to him. We are all faced with the choice to be his people or be against him.
According to your bible he did. He wiped out the world, innocent people and ones that had no idea of him, which was not their fault.

He sounds a lot like Hitler. Kill those that are not worthy ( in his opinion) as well as those that dont tow the line.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Satan has. Satan knew what would happen if Adam disobeyed God, he didn't care. Sin was passed down because of that. God cares about us and warns us, if we don't listen, how is he to blame?
God killed more. This Satan didn't get to everyone lol. God KNEW what was going to happen, and let it. But then again he is a very vague god talks so very few could understand, he blames people for falling for scams.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
But to me the idea of living to a ripe old age of 180 or SO may be a very unhappy life as well. Abraham sounded very unhappy.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How is god going to stop the bad? Could it be the same way christians think he did the last time, by killing all but a few?...No thanks, you can keep your vindictive god.
Belief in the bible and the koran have caused more strife in this world than all the despots combined, so you can keep your bible too.

Every post you make increases my disdain for religion...

Couldn't agree more. But not just religion, their followers. The endless excuses for the horrors the Bible god committed and allows to still happen just amazes and disgusts me. I mean they believe this stuff, how do they know that if it is a real ( which I know it isnt but still) that they are not being scammed by some evil God that really enjoys watching the pain and evil being done?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,555,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
But to me the idea of living to a ripe old age of 180 or SO may be a very unhappy life as well. Abraham sounded very unhappy.
...and Methuselah is out of the question!! I mean 969 years??

Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 PM

409 posts, read 398,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
According to your bible he did. He wiped out the world, innocent people and ones that had no idea of him, which was not their fault.

He sounds a lot like Hitler. Kill those that are not worthy ( in his opinion) as well as those that dont tow the line.
They knew because of Noah. God didn't just wipe them out, it took years just to build the ark. Noah was preaching about God before and during that. It wasn't all of a sudden. God kills no one without warning.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
God killed more. This Satan didn't get to everyone lol. God KNEW what was going to happen, and let it. But then again he is a very vague god talks so very few could understand, he blames people for falling for scams.
The Bible states that Satan is misleading the whole entire inhabited Earth. He has power.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
They knew because of Noah. God didn't just wipe them out, it took years just to build the ark. Noah was preaching about God before and during that. It wasn't all of a sudden. God kills no one without warning.
So Noah went to China and Japan, and Russia and the Americas and Australia preaching the word? Mighty busy while building an ark.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Abraham wasn't living in a perfect world. Imagine if he had of been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality