Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
When given the choice of REALITY vs. DELUSION and the choice of FACTS vs. FICTION...it's not a hard choice at all.
Yeah, I know. The world can be very deceptive in its ways. All we can really do is pray that the lost be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Well, I would say that Jesus did say he didn't come to bring peace but rather a divisive fire. I am sure we can agree that prophecy has come true!

Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

That's just my take on it. Thankyou.
Therefore, Christianity is not a religion of peace?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
Because I care.
Enough to go against the mandates of the JWs?
We've already made our choice and made it clear to you so you are now associating with 'sinners' willingly

Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
"Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

That's just my take on it. Thankyou."

LOL.....You sure you all haven't got it mixed up which one is god and which one is the devil???

Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
1 Corinthians 5:11-13 (21st Century King James Version)

11But I now have written unto you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother if he is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. With such a one you are not even to eat.

12For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do not ye judge those who are within?
13But those who are outside, God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Or anybody who smokes a cigarette...I don't see that one in the bible, do you?
I know a family (the wife is a very good friend) that was completely destroyed by your stupid and destructive shunning practices...The (former) husband is a devout JW, and one morning found his wife smoking...He not only shunned her, but convinced her three children to join in on the "fun"...She was treated as if she did not even exist...Your beliefs are among the most horrible I know of...

Stop quoting scripture at me, because I don't read nonsense

Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM

454 posts, read 498,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Therefore, Christianity is not a religion of peace?
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
"Luke 12:51

That's just my take on it. Thankyou."

LOL.....You sure you all haven't got it mixed up which one is god and which one is the devil???
I don't know about a religion being a religion of peace, but I believe God Almighty is a being of peace. That's why he wants his creation to exist in a state of eternal peace.
It's just that first he has to separate the wicked from the righteous so that he can devastate this world and create the new one. Justice demanded that righteousness be not punished eternally.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM

409 posts, read 399,512 times
Quote:
Educated by facts....not fiction....you might want to try it sometime.
And you learned about Jesus, how?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Ignoring the existence of someone is hate in its most extreme form!
They don't go that far, they just don't have fellowship with them until they repent. The disfellowshipped ones are allowed to continue going to the Kingdom Hall. We don't ignore them to the extent that we wouldn't help them if they needed help. If they want to talk with the elders they are welcome to. They just aren't part of the congregation as they were before but we don't ignore them as if they didn't exist.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Jesus taught love in your book...he never taught segregation from them or delineated between whether they were sinners or not...he loved them all.

Paul preaches HATE AND SEGREGATION...the exact opposite of what Jesus taught in your book.

Is it Christianity or Paulianity you follow?
Where does it say that Paul preached hate and segregation?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
And you learned about Jesus, how?
I've posted hundreds of times and on many different threads how I've learned the truth about Jesus...and I don't feel the need to repeat myself, yet again, to the cognizantly selective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality