Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times

Advertisements

There is a problem with the question, Or with the way the question is phrased. Does God enjoy everything under the sun, or everything as Ecclesiastes represents the momentary creation of everything from the supernatural existence? On the other hand, the phrasing can be: Does God enjoy the misfortune and pain of the inflicted even though they may or may not think of it too much? The synthetic version of the question does no do as well: for the problem of there being good or bad suffering as opposed to the evil incorporated for the fatally decided and developed, the values of failure are relative and would mean only that the hope is for Good by the love and meaning of freedom we wish.

As of God confronting his creation I believe I know Him and that I can learn in the course of experience. God confronts me for a wisdom and the real question should have been phrased: does God want us to believe that the suffering of the evil can wisely BE discounted from our Philosophy?

Christianity in the nineties often said yes. I personally subscribed to that philosophy. Now I wish to find another means to trust sociability, and 'God' for that IS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:57 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
No one can know the mind of God. All I know is that he gave them freedom to choose.
Is this the same freedom that He allowed at Sodom or in Noah's day?

Indian give some times and not at other times.
Nothing like having a firm policy in place.

You admit that you cannot know the mind of God yet follow a genocidal maniac.

That is a really bright move. Not.

Quite the reach to follow a genocidal maniac without knowing why He used genocide.

Do you give Hitler and Stalin the same reverence?

Regards
DL

Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
In moral terms, the terms Good & Evil are only useful on a graph & are Inseparable.

I see that many just look at these terms as opposites.
Black white.
Hot cold.
Whatever.
It does not matter because, in moral terms, good and evil must be on a graph to be of any use to any discussion of moral issues.
That is why the ancients wrote them into the Bible as the tree of good and evil.
It’s fruit symbolizes that good and evil cannot be separated.

As nouns, forget it. For morals, they do not stand well alone.
As adjectives, they are good.
It is what goes between these two adjectives that is at issue and how and where we place them on the graph.
Ideally, the good and evil line will have a top and a bottom because issues often times have both within their character.
Like God for instance.
Basically, if you are arguing good and evil in any other way than described here; you are IMHO, wasting your time.
If you look to God for our moral sense you are also wasting your time because it is to mankind to set the rules of our dominion.

Regards
DL

Old 08-04-2010, 01:38 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
In moral terms, the terms Good & Evil are only useful on a graph & are Inseparable.

I see that many just look at these terms as opposites.
Black white.
Hot cold.
Whatever.
It does not matter because, in moral terms, good and evil must be on a graph to be of any use to any discussion of moral issues.
That is why the ancients wrote them into the Bible as the tree of good and evil.
It’s fruit symbolizes that good and evil cannot be separated.

As nouns, forget it. For morals, they do not stand well alone.
As adjectives, they are good.
It is what goes between these two adjectives that is at issue and how and where we place them on the graph.
Ideally, the good and evil line will have a top and a bottom because issues often times have both within their character.
Like God for instance.
Basically, if you are arguing good and evil in any other way than described here; you are IMHO, wasting your time.
If you look to God for our moral sense you are also wasting your time because it is to mankind to set the rules of our dominion.

Regards
DL

And YOU were never looking for answers to the question in the first place.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM

409 posts, read 399,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Dear oh dear!!! They did exactly what he wanted them to do. They had no idea of what good and evil were. That's why it was called the 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil'. He knew they would disobey. He knew they didn't understand what they were being told.

As for it being a 'test'...what the hell is the point of testing someone when you know all along that the outcome of the test is going to be a fail? It is a totally pointless and futile exercise to 'test' someone when you know that the person will fail the test. The idea of a test is to find out if the person will pass or fail. If you know already that they will fail there is no need for a bloody test is there?? (Watch your blood pressure Raffa)

Now try again. Your god is either an incompetent idiot for creating what he knows will fail OR your god planned everything to fail in the first place. Which is it

You could have bet your house on it couldn't you?
The Bible says at 1 Timothy 2:14 that Eve was decieved but it said that Adam wasn't.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is this the same freedom that He allowed at Sodom or in Noah's day?

Indian give some times and not at other times.
Nothing like having a firm policy in place.

You admit that you cannot know the mind of God yet follow a genocidal maniac.

That is a really bright move. Not.

Quite the reach to follow a genocidal maniac without knowing why He used genocide.

Do you give Hitler and Stalin the same reverence?

Regards
DL
Job and Jesus as well as many of God's other people in the Bible proved to be faithful to God. It isn't an impossible task.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
The Bible says at 1 Timothy 2:14 that Eve was decieved but it said that Adam wasn't.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Apparently is is an impossible task to get Avasa to answer a simple question....

Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Well she is being trained by the JWs after all. They're doing a good job by the look of it.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well she is being trained by the JWs after all. They're doing a good job by the look of it.
I actually tried to find the answer on my own. I know how some view the witnesses. Now this is straight from their site. Would you read it and see if it sheds any light on your question?

What Was the Original Sin? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality