Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,265 times

Advertisements

Every form of life on the planet must take in nutrition, digest it for sustenence, then defecate the waste products. Most of us love the taste of honey. You know what it is?? It must fall into the category of spit, sweat, vomit or defecation. AIN'T NATURE GRAND!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Every form of life on the planet must take in nutrition, digest it for sustenence, then defecate the waste products. Most of us love the taste of honey. You know what it is?? It must fall into the category of spit, sweat, vomit or defecation. AIN'T NATURE GRAND!
What you said is not news to anyone...Is there a hidden point there somewhere?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What you said is not news to anyone...Is there a hidden point there somewhere?
Not hidden...obvious. Every living thing on this planet is born or hatched, thrives for a time, dimenishes toward the end and dies. It must take in nutrition, digest it, defecate waste and reproduce. Only religious people think there's something sacred about it. I've always heard the term, "The Miracle Of Life" when a baby is born. The hounds across the street have two litters of five or six a year.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Not hidden...obvious. Every living thing on this planet is born or hatched, thrives for a time, dimenishes toward the end and dies. It must take in nutrition, digest it, defecate waste and reproduce. Only religious people think there's something sacred about it. I've always heard the term, "The Miracle Of Life" when a baby is born. The hounds across the street have two litters of five or six a year.
You can perceive the universe, and the things and occurrences in it, as ordinary...or you can see it as a miracle.

It seems you have a very severe "religion" prejudice.

Try to be more tolerant of, and open to, others' views...it reduces your angst.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 AM

454 posts, read 498,679 times
Quote:
I love honey. I have it on my Weet-Bix all the time. Sometimes I heat up 3/4 cup of milk and pour it on followed by cold milk, just to melt all the honey. But just cold milk is great as well.
And yes, God's creation is spectacular it often makes me wonder how absolutely spectacular God is if he holds all of this in his hand and he knows what you and I are thinking before we even think it! Pretty cool hey!?!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
I like honey. As to what it is, that matters less than how it tastes. I know when I eat a bit of meat exactly what I am eating and I accept it. Know but don't let the knowledge lead you arend by the nose. Some of the best coffee there is has been through money's guts. All the water we drink has been through fifteen sets of human kidneys and more dinosaur kidneys than that. Saliva? My mouth is full of it.

Honey I like but not really on its own. With something a bit blander. It is too intense on its own. It wasn't designed to suit us.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I like honey. As to what it is, that matters less than how it tastes. I know when I eat a bit of meat exactly what I am eating and I accept it. Know but don't let the knowledge lead you arend by the nose. Some of the best coffee there is has been through money's guts. All the water we drink has been through fifteen sets of human kidneys and more dinosaur kidneys than that. Saliva? My mouth is full of it.

Honey I like but not really on its own. With something a bit blander. It is too intense on its own. It wasn't designed to suit us.
LOL!

I got it!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
It's the best on Sopapillas!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:57 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
The Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass's version of "A Taste of Honey" was awesome. Oh, you're not talking about the song.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
LOL!

I got it!
I'm astonished! Jeesh..my typing is crap sometimes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality