Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

It would have nothing to do with my religious beliefs bec I belong to no religion....
but, I understand weakness and temptations...also, soul connections with another.
If the person wanted to stay with ME...of course I would forgive.
It could be me next month! (straying) If not... I would lick my wounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 01:15 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
As you know, I'm not religious and I've never been married, but this is an easy one for me to answer. The answer is no. I can't understand why anyone would even get married in the first place if they weren't sure if they could remain faithful to their husband or wife. A few years ago my supervisor, who was a very nice woman, actually caught her husband and one of my coworkers coming out of a hotel together. They were both married and both marriages ended very quickly. Both families also had young children so it was a disaster for many people. If I had a wife who cheated on me I would also end the marriage immediately and have nothing more to do with her. To me that's unforgiveable and the ultimate betrayal. Of course this affects religious and non religious people alike but I'm wondering how people might perceive this from a religious point of view.
well you would be wrong... all fall short !
and some have falling shorts .
and the Lord asks us to forgive 7 X 70 and you do that..

Not so much for them though it does release them so God can deal with them in his time and his way without you emotionally trying to Fix the person or getting in God's way in any way.
but you forgive them for yourself. if you don't forgive then you are forever tied to that sin and what they did to you.. if you leave them or not your still tied to it in your unforgiveness .. forever tied to their betrayal of your love.. it does matter what he did! I Choose to love the unlovables .. Because the Lord promoses to give me the strength to do that..
The word doesn't say you have to trust the untrustworthy.. But still in our attempt at and to Love purely In the Lord and as his example of Pure love.. to forgive.
But Love hopes past the untrustworthiness of another. and then Hands Our Lord the pain everytime that pain might pop up to haunt us..
and yes I speak from a first-hand experience.
But I am so so glad that I forgave and nearly forgot it now.

the sad part is "you know who" is still stuck there in his heart and he hasn't grown as a man or as a Christian since that time .. Not being able to forgive himself or really even look at it . I know that the Lord will work it out for him though. But I still stand in Hope that he can grow up past his sins and grow up into the Lord again. But it definitely effected his spirit and His "Light" seems to have gone out since then. our friendship seems to have been lost at that time too.. mostly because I think he stopped? living? and was spiritually sleeping his way through life since then .. But the Word promised me that if a believing wife stays with an unbelieving/ ( light went out because of sin ) that God was still sanctifying the relationship.. even though part of our relationship died at that time , both the spiritual headship and the friendship and sharing died. He stopped SEEKING to FInd God in this life.. and fully engage with all of life.. Not from MY choices but from his soul stopped engaging in life.. . and his Knowledge of God is all in the past and not so much in the here and now. He does not seek now...
but that is what sin does, it kills the soul.

I know and the LORD Promised me that hubby will "light up" again one day.
But yes forgiveness is a wonderful things. and The Lord is our example of perfect forgiveness. but yes it hurts..
but walking away in unforgiveness pretty much in all cases means never any resolution and it will always hurt that much until maybe you get Alzheimer's or just too old to remember it .. but the old can forget but still be bitter as hell itself.. !!!
SO for My Sake the Lord walked me through it and let Me forgive fully!

and this is all true if you "married" them on paper or just in a bedroom.. which is just as married By God's laws it is the same as with a paper in front of any judge. if you KNEW ever well or not you are still stuck to them..
and a break up means you just keep dying until you can't have a feeling at all.. like "
You know who is " spiritually dead , because his light for life went out.
sin kills period.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-06-2018 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 09:22 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I believe the phrase is something like
Hate the action but forgive the person.

That removes the whole issue from a judgement of a person and is 'just' an action which someone has performed. You always have choices - which are probably going to generate your actions in the future. Some of it is about personal responsibility, integrity, etc too.

Personally I believe that people often grow spiritually at different rates and so one partner may fall way behind the other which means people grow apart. I do not think anyone should force those two to stay in a learning relationship where the teacher (one person for the other) is not sufficient for the task. What is the phrase... "when the student is ready an appropriate teacher will appear" and that probably relates to personal relationships too.

Partnerships assume a mode of behaviour which is acceptable to each, so if one steps outside that, then either is perfectly within their rights to dissolve the partnership by leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality