Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,507,029 times

Advertisements

....it turned out there was a God and all that stuff in the Bible was true?

Directed at the atheist and agnostic.

What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 03:19 PM

651 posts, read 1,414,780 times
Most A/A responses will probably be similar to the responses already posted in the 'what if the rapture happened (or whatever it was called)' thread.

To answer your question, I would probably react the same way you would if you woke up and found out you lived in one of Grimm's fairy tales.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,676,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

What would you do?
If it became true - I would immediately start talking to my donkey and see if he understands me, and more importantly, if he talks back and I understand him (a la Balam). That kind of talk from me would be considered speaking in tongues, so I will be saved. All this will be real funny ....

Last edited by calmdude; 08-03-2010 at 03:58 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times
Quote:

What would you do?

Funny? Well the other scenario that you haven't thought of is what if it was the Jews actually got it right????? Not the Christians.......

And what if G-d is really angry at how the Christians have treated the Jews throughout history and is REALLY mad....

But then I guess none of us will ever know.... Until we are dead....

I still say to each his own and everyone ought to just be happy in life what ever path they take..

Last edited by Jazzymom; 08-03-2010 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Wouldn't it be funny if we could go a week on the forum without someone asking this exact question?

even better... wouldn't it be something if any of us heathens actually fell for the OP's less-than-subtle fear tactic and accepted their ridiculous religion because of it? That would be even more amazing and unlikely than the bible turning out to be word-for-word true!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,198,160 times
What if...it turned out there was a God and all that stuff in the Quran was true?

Directed at the Christians.

What would you do?

Oh brother....we could play the "What If" game all day long and never accomplish anything....don't ya'll have anything more interesting to debate

Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
I would want to ask God why he provided early Christians with supposed miracles so they would believe, while not giving me the same proof. I'd also want to ask why he never gave me an answer or guidance of any kind when I was a Christian and begged him to fill my heart the way all my Christian friends were claiming he did. Why did he leave me out and then expect me to believe any of it? Why was he so utterly silent with me when he supposedly communicates frequently with so many others?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I would want to ask God why he provided early Christians with supposed miracles so they would believe, while not giving me the same proof. I'd also want to ask why he never gave me an answer or guidance of any kind when I was a Christian and begged him to fill my heart the way all my Christian friends were claiming he did. Why did he leave me out and then expect me to believe any of it? Why was he so utterly silent with me when he supposedly communicates frequently with so many others?

It's easy...the bible god does not exist. Just because people claim something happens...doesn't necessarily mean it actually happens or that it's true.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:02 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's easy...the bible god does not exist. Just because people claim something happens...doesn't necessarily mean it actually happens or that it's true.
Believe me, I'm well aware of that now. But at the time I thought I was the only one who wasn't experiencing the things I was supposed to. I assumed I was the only one who just felt like he was talking to himself during prayer.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:

What would you do?
Pascals wager is getting really, really old and tired...Directed at the Christian.

What if this life we live is all just a computer simulation created by people far in the future?....That would make man the creator....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality