Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, there's another one of those false prophecies that didn't come to fruition...
I think you meant false prophet! And I knew since the very first day he was a false prophet from several different reasons.

1. Dates. All false prophets will come up with specific dates when they envision some major disaster or economic collaspe. The Bible says no one would know the day nor hour. That includes prophecies.

2. Gambling. Weatherbill says he saw these visions come about from playing poker and texas hold'em with his boys. What's wrong with this? It is a sin! Gambling is a sin condemned by God in the bible. Weatherbill has made repeated claims it is not a sin. It's just playing card games.

3. His voice. Weatherbill ever since he came on the scene has never sounded like a person warning people of an impending disaster. His voice is very non-chalant and he sounds as if he is just telling someone a regular thing like a conversation. No sense of urgency in his voice.

4. Casting Lots. Nobody has casted lots since Jesus Christ. Bill argues there have been plenty of people who have casted lots in the Bible. Yes that's right they were. Before they had Jesus! When Christ died on the cross, there was no need to cast lots!

5. The video backgrounds. Weatherbill has ridiculous backgrounds for a man that is claiming national disaster. His backgrounds suggest he is not a person to be taken seriously and only proves where his mind is usually at. In space and in the clouds.

6. His followers. The people who have also "casted lots" and backs his claims. I told Bill once he was going to be wrong. He told me I was wrong and that I didn't fast and cast lots like him that's why I didn't receive a vision. I said I didn't have to fast. He said I MUST FAST to receive them. That's awfully funny because most of his prophetic witnesses claim they casted lots but alot of them NEVER fasted. So what he saying is a bunch of BS.

7. The Rapture. This is a man that believes WW3, destruction of America, and the Antichrist would arrive as soon as the september megaquake hits. The Bible says the Antichrist wouldn't be revealed until Christ raptures the church. So I found it odd that he doesn't believe that because it's written in scripture. He believes Christ will rapture the church DURING the tribulation. That's why he moved to Australia.

8. His being. He doesn't seem like a mentally stable person to me. The way he talks, the way he acts, doesn't add up to a sane person. I mean really? Getting a vision from God from cards? He should have known that he was actually listening to demons. Demon can only be heard and manifested through sin. He refuses to accept that.

9. Someone almost died because of him. I kid you not, a man from San Francisco listened to Bill and yesterday as he was trying to get out of the city, he got himself into an accident. He almost died! Thank God he is still alive and recovering. Bill responded with an abrupt response. "LIAR!!". So far we have a man that listens to demons, but he also cannot the consequences of his actions.

10. He blocked me from his Youtube account and videos. Yes. Just this morning. I was putting all this down on his video so everyone can know the truth. Especially about that Australia money he had collected from the donations he got from his blog! He blocked me and I no longer can comment or anything. I did manage to get in eventually and I told him with lasting words that I think he is a demon possessed man and he needs professional help. He had led many CA families to false anxiety and stress and has had people leaving their cities and camping on mountains (not kidding) just because of his prophecies. He moved himself to Australia when he claims he was a poor man and awaits the destruction of America.

All I'm saying is, I KNEW he false from the jump!! But ever since the 8th, I was going to watch so I can tell people that he was fraud AS I SUSPECTED. But no. He didn't like that. He didn't want me to reveal the truth. Well, I'm glad this wild goose chase is over. I have to say I found it hilarious how up in arms and scared I was yesterday or perhaps earlier today about the earthquake in Vanuatu. I'm not embarrassed about anything at all. I know from now on I can be more confident about dealing with these kinds of people. Because to me, no matter how many years pass or who it is, I always try to keep myself humble about them. I always try to say, well you never know. But now, I'm pretty comfortable and biblically educated enough to know what and who I'm dealing with. And I will speak it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Allen is quite right. Biblically - speaking a False Prophet is one who is silly enough to announce specific dates, hoping to get a lucky hit.

"True" Bible prophecy (using the 'no-one knows when' excuse added by the Gospel writers when the 'Last days' hadn't come as expected) never falls into the trap of producing anything falsifiable, but keeps it nice and vague.

Mind, I don't think we can relax yet. Anything within a month can be claimed as a significantly near miss.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 707 times
Well, I've been following the whole "Tsunami-Megaquake" thing since Weatherbill started it back in January of '09. I've read all types of responses to his videos, website, posts, etc...from both the "He's-Completely-Nuts" to "I-Believe-Him-Completely" and everything in between. I have hesitated for a long time to come forth, for a number of reasons. But I have felt now is the time.
I know Weatherbill personally. How, you may ask? My name is John and I am his cousin. His mother is my mother's younger sister. Bill is 14 months older than me, and we've known each other for our entire lives, with bouts of years of non-communication in between.
Let me start by saying that I firmly believe Bill absolutely has conviction about what he believes. He may not always come off sincerely, but whenever Bill gets into something, he goes whole-heartily into it. Which leads me to....
This is something Bill has done his entire life. When he was younger and into sports, particularly football and baseball, he knew players stats like no one else. When we were teenagers and spent an entire Summer together in Philly (Many great memories!), he knew Metal music very well. When he got into The Grateful Dead some years later, he was very well versed in their history, tour dates, etc. When he learned the electrical trade, he went to school for it, all the while teaching himself to play guitar. When he got saved in '87, he would send me letters from his retreat in Oregon telling me not to eats meat, listen to secular music, etc. When he got into stocks a few years ago, he was totally immersed in that. So his obsession with the whole Tsunami thing doesn't surprise me. To me, it's just another aspect of his personality and, sadly, traces back to his family's roots.
For reasons of privacy, I won't divulge his family's background, but let's just say that his whole tying-Gods-vision-with-playing-cards also does not surprise me....at all. Knowing his upbringing and where he came from, it's amazing that he has done as well as he has for as long as he has. This is a testament to his survival instincts.
However, the single thing that has made me finally come out and speak is his unwillingness to entertain others ideas or the fact that he may be wrong. His mothers side of the family is rife with this sort of if-you-don't-agree-with-me-I'll-never-speak-to-you-again syndrome...something that Bill rallied against for many, many years. And yet, here he is, doing that very thing...by blocking opposing opinions from his Youtube videos.
Arguing with Bill is an absolute excersise in futility. If you don't see things his way or agree with him, you are labeled by him as being totally wrong and ignorant. I found this out 3 years ago upon his last visit to my home. One night he brought up the whole 9/11-things-is-a-conspiracy-by-our-government thing (After he watched the movie "Loose Change"-Not a good source upon which to solely base your argument!). I said that I thought the govt. knew about it but wasn't totally behind it. He immediately dismissed my point of view as being wrong and that I haven't done enough research (As though a movie by a college kid is!). I said that I decline to engage in such and argument but he tried to press the issue (Because he was right and I was wrong). I'm all for an open-minded discussion involving both people's point of view, but this will not happen with Bill, and just like that side of the family, will deny this aspect totally.
Fortunately I have mostly my dad's genes, which were very strong, and one of the gifts I got from him was the actual process of thought and the use of intellect. I am saved (since '97), work full-time in ministry and believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I do not, for one second, believe anything Bill is saying in his videos. It's NOT from God and he has made the cards conform to his (Bill) ideas. God doesn't work like that, nor does He give exact dates. Bill is exactly the type of Christian that makes us look bad. Non-believers don't do the type of damage that Bill, Todd Bentley and other extremists do to Christianity. If I was a non-believer I would have thought Bill was off his rocker. As a matter of fact, I AM a believer and I think Bill is off his rocker!
If people were to start believing in Jesus solely because some prophet..ahem!..I meant "watchman"s prophesy came true, that's not a true conversion, but one rather based out of fear. Jesus has never operated like that. I am not the type of christian who believes Jesus was a push-over-indeed, he had many emotions, including rage, but he never used this to bring people to Him. Sorry, but the ministry I work in is geared towards inner-city children, drug abusers, homeless...the ones other churches won't have. What Bill is doing is wasting alot of time. And, what a great excuse to leave the country!
as well, his spelling is absolutely horrendous. sorry, but if you want to be taken seriously, this is an issue that must be address. Of course he'll dismiss it as not being important, but presentation is everything, especially if you believe millions of lives are at stake. I won't even go into the ridiculous nature of the backgrounds of his videos.
All this saddens me. What most of you are saying is true. Bill does have some mental issues, and one of the characteristics of someone who is burdened with such an illness is the inabilty to acknowledge that they are indeed mentally ill; They believe they are the ones who are perfectly normal and everyone else is wrong or screwed up...unless a person is on the same level (I.E. agrees) with them. I say all this with a complete absence of malice. My only hope is that Bill recovers from this when it's all over and goes on to true greatness for the kingdom of God and stop this vision-prophet-card-playing nonsense.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:35 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
So we can put this one to bed? But you know, I wonder if he had have been lucky enough to get a convincing near miss, I wonder how many believers now pointing up his prophetic doubtfulness would have been wondering whether to overlook that and hold him up as evidence for the truthfulness of..not him, perhaps, but for Christianity and their belief in it?

Well, it seems we shall never know, since it's another failed prediction in the venerable line of failed predictions.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Most end of timers, doomsday'rs, apocalypse cheerleaders, another words all the extreme negative thinkers are like that.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
He calls himself a "watchman". Someone who God sends visions and prophecies to warn others of trials that are coming. He is a Christian so I would say he is a man of God. But that does not necessarily mean that the visions he's receiving are FROM God. I suspect they may be from his own mental health issues.
Anyone who claims to be receiving messages from a god has mental health issues.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:57 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
According to Weatherbill on Youtube, there is suppose to be a MAJOR tsunami to hit the west coast TOMORROW.
I can't help but notice that you started this thread on August 8. How much faith do you put in Weatherbill's ranting as of today, the 23rd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality