U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM

1,168 posts, read 584,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Christians often refer to, "The sinful nature of man." and "original sin of mankind."

My question is: Do/can animals sin? Why or why not?

Could it be said that the "sinful nature of man" is really man's animal instincts/behaviors inherited through evolution of the species?

God sais to ADAM and Eve when "Driving" them out of EDEN..."It is Because of You it is like this" God said,,,(Tame ) to (Wild) = Alternate estates...or some parallel universe....And saying to them to till the ground and sow the seeds....to restore it to a tame estate...as punishment and eventually to return to God...by doing what God asked of them to do...sinlessly so I might add, seems to be the morality of the story!
In order to reverse the curse of death...one has to undo what was done.

What was taken in disobediance , has to be restored sinlessly...to be the alternate or make the opposite be a reality.
And so we sow all seeds God gave us to sow...nothing omitted, nothing removed, nothing prohibited that God said was Good, or called clean...that was Given!
For they all make up the essence of EDEN in likeness.
They are all partners of the eco systems we are to tend and keep...our original designed function and reason for God making us Human!

We are to service the Garden and keep it clean, well cared for, and respect the other living things as our neighbours.

"Love thy neighbour as thy self"....means to expand the Love of God over all living things that are our neighbours, which contribute to the eco systems welbeing...because they are helpers of the estate of God, which is established and eternal....!!

It is we who have fallen...it is we who have to do the proving to God...it is we who have to conform to a known truths...
And it is we who have to stop sinning....and do Good in this world and any other!

So those 11 commandments are to perfect us...and the first instruction is to make eternal estates be, so we can exist in peace , health, and happiness...in some form of living entity.

But it seems some will not comform...and the laws of God, and the Eden principles go unattended and or undone correctly.....the churches forgot the real service, and what they were to teach about Edens restoration and multiplication, and the whole sharing aspect of GOD....and this world is now being polluted beyond measure, or sound mind...for Bent Profits and Gains....denying the Prophets and other peoples cries to stop, and look at the Pollution that is being made to profane the elementals that all life require in some degree clean and undefiled!

And when they finally sip sour/bitter waters, and eat unclean foods, and breath in the smog to choke the life out of them...and they die by the multiples....when they all cry out for help in my name, says the lord....?
God will no doubt say:
It is because of You it is like this...says the lord.

So do the animals sin?....it is because of you it is like this....is the answer!

Can they be tamed?...yes they can, with LOVE and the Word of God fulfilled.

And that is not a sexual kind of love either.
So let there be no misunderstanding with that word LOVE.

And when it is fulfilled....as God has asked...then and only then do we move forward in time...to the new worlds we are to make with GOD...and all the givens!

THE Forgiveness of Sins is for all living things God made Good....and in the end, we and they will know God's truth is Truth...and turn to it...eventually...or die because of it not being done right!

Any truth to that?....I'd say yep!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 AM

4,886 posts, read 5,313,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What the religious fail to understand or simply choose to ignore completely is that ALL RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE SYNCRETISTIC...the ALL CONTAIN bits and pieces from other religious beliefs...a good study in ancient comparative religious beliefs will clearly show this.
This is true. This is why I decided to study the first known religion to get some answers to all of this madness. What I found was that almost every "God" on Earth was a human-like being that flew down to Earth.

Personally, I think it is sooooo sad that aliens are thought by many to be myth. I honestly think religion (all religions) is a crude attempt by early man to explain the alien colonization of Earth. We are descendants of those aliens IMO and we don't even know it. Every religion agrees that our "missing link" is in the sky. I feel that religions are 100% correct on this particular topic.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This is true. This is why I decided to study the first known religion to get some answers to all of this madness. What I found was that almost every "God" on Earth was a human-like being that flew down to Earth.

Personally, I think it is sooooo sad that aliens are thought by many to be myth. I honestly think religion (all religions) is a crude attempt by early man to explain the alien colonization of Earth. We are descendants of those aliens IMO and we don't even know it. Every religion agrees that our "missing link" is in the sky. I feel that religions are 100% correct on this particular topic.
I don't necessarily believe that aliens from another planet came to earth, although, there is much archeology that supports that theory. And if you actually study the first religions, you can clearly see that they were extremely more advanced in science/astronomy/mathematics than we give them credit for. Let's face it...this is a subject that we may never have the answer to and I'm fine with that. I do know for certain that what most call God today/religious beliefs are just based on the syncretism that has been prevalent throughout the ages...each religion may change the details to fit the picture they want to present but it doesn't change where it originated no matter how hard they try to convince us or package it to us that the god is new and unique and has something wonderful to offer.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,638,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Nikk, me ol' mate, I really, really, do not know how anyone who can type in the words 'Talk Origins' and read what's in front of them can possibly post anything as fatuous as this.
AREQUIPA, you are not my mate. It is you that is constantly posting fatuously.

All evidence is interpreted. Evolution is not scientific, but merely a story that rides science when convenient. So, look at all the evidence, it all supports the creation model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Please let us all know what scientific evidence favours the creation model as found in Genesis rather than an evolutionary model, and please don't just post pictures of contorted fossil skeletons which you suppose died in the Flood.
Many of the fossils we find are just that animals who died in the flood. Some fossilization has occured since the flood creating fossils under other similar (aquious borne sediment, ie. mud slides) or different situations. For example the fossilation of humans and animals under the ash of Mt. Vesuvius. Or the fossiliztion of complete towns in Austrailia.

So, all evidence supports a creation model. However not all the interpretations of the evidence by evolutionists, inserting millions of years and conjecture, is in support of the creation model. You have to weed out the crude jargon from all of the evolutionist crap to find the science.

To give you an example when you read something from an evolutionist, don't believe them when they use words like: "we think that it happened like this" or "Maybe" or "Perhaps". Avoid the lies when the say something like "this is an example of convergent evolution". That just means it does not follow the theory of evolution and you can just insert instead: "What the h*ll is that doing there!" Further, if you read where an evolutions says; "That fossil was reworked", it just means that they cannot manipulate the scientific data to match the theory of evolution. So, whenever you hear them say it was "reworked", just inject the words; "We have no clue how to explain this and too many people have seen the scientific data for us to dump it into file 13 (aka the garbage).

So, don't believe in evolution. It is a lie and the methods that evolutionist use are highly questionable. Their writting are frought with misinterpretation, misleading statements and out right lies.

Last edited by Nikk; 08-10-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Not to get too far off topic, but I must chime in here. Before we can have an educated debate on original sin, we must first look at the origins of the Adam and Eve story.

The first known civilization in the World was ancient Iraq (Sumer). This civilization is believed to be the true garden of Eden.

In Sumer, we can find the first: writing system, spoken language, bi-lateral congress, currency, cities with grid streets, public education, government etc. Basically, EVERYTHING we have in society today originated in Sumer. The concept of "God" also originated in Sumer. The story of Adam and Eve did as well.

According to the Sumerians, their "Gods" (Annunaki) created man (Adamu) in their God's own likeness. The Annunaki created man by giving homo-erectus a genetic upgrade nearly 450,000 years ago. Keep in mind folks that the ancient Sumerians knew about early hominids and they knew that those hominids were the "hardware" for homo-sapiens. According to the Sumerians, the Annunaki created humans for the sole purpose of mining gold. These Annunaki needed gold to help them repair the atmosphere on their home planet called "Nibiru". This is actually written verbatim on ancient Sumerian clay tablets dating back nearly 6,000 years.

Now, the origins of "God" and "Satan" has to do with two Annunaki brothers with different opinions of what should be done with humans. We humans were a newly created "slave race" that were dependent upon our creators (for we did not evolve naturally). One brother felt that humans should be destroyed (by flood). The other brother felt that we should have a chance to live as our own race of people. It was decided that we would be given a chance to grow and develop, but much of that development was guided by the Annunaki.

Now, as silly as all of this sounds, a few things caught my attention about the Sumerian writings. Sumerians clearly point to a physical alien looking human as their Gods. Sumerians also knew that Earth was a round planet that revolved around a star. Sumerians knew about homo-erectus and his human connection. Sumerian writings explains why gold (even to this day) is soooooo important in human culture (we were created to mine gold for our creators).

In the "Adam and Eve" story, "God" created "the Heavens" and Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. In the Sumerian creation story, the Annunaki flew past 6 planets in the heavens and landed on the 7th (Earth). You see, the Sumerians knew that Earth was the 3rd planet from the Sun. They also knew that the Annunaki's planet (Nibiru) was a distant 10th planet in our solar system with a long 3,600 year orbit. Keep in mind that the Sumerian creation story is THOUSANDS of years older than the bible.

My point here is that the Sumerian clay tablets explain quite a few things that even modern science has not yet caught up to. There is no doubt in my mind that our concept of "God", "Sin", "good and evil", etc all originated from a superior race of PEOPLE (not deities) that only wanted us as slaves. The Sumerians (Earth's first civilization and our first religion) tells us this much. We seriously need to listen to these people.
We have old texts on clay tablets from the Summarians. But the Summarian stories are derivitives and expansions of the known creation story that we have from the Bible. So, just because we found older versions does not mean that they predate in origin.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM

20,062 posts, read 8,411,900 times
Quote:

Interesting concept! Makes you wonder if this verse in Geneis 6:1-2 is a reference to alliens breeding with humans on earth.

Quote:
1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose

Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
What the religious fail to understand or simply choose to ignore completely is that ALL RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE SYNCRETISTIC...the ALL CONTAIN bits and pieces from other religious beliefs...a good study in ancient comparative religious beliefs will clearly show this.
Accually, most religions are a deterioration of the religion of the ancient peoples as recorded in the bible.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM

4,886 posts, read 5,313,671 times
Quote:
I don't necessarily believe that aliens from another planet came to earth, although, there is much archeology that supports that theory. And if you actually study the first religions, you can clearly see that they were extremely more advanced in science/astronomy/mathematics than we give them credit for. Let's face it...this is a subject that we may never have the answer to and I'm fine with that.
Well, I won't get too far off topic here, but you would be surprised at just how much evidence is known. Unfortunately, the truth goes against modern day religion and science.

The bottom line is that all religions point to the sky as our origin. Almost every scientists point to Earth as our origin. Neither side is willing to admit that they are both correct. Most of humanity's "hardware" evolved on Earth. Yet, most of our "software" (ie, bigger brain, concepts of civilization, furless bodies etc) came from the sky. Our Earth origins are not as much of a mystery as some people might think.

Still, what bothers me the most is that we have these twisted stories of the facts that we worship and kill for. I wish in my life time that the truth is known to all. Maybe then we can get off of this religious BS and move on with our evolution as physical/spiritual beings.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM

1,168 posts, read 584,235 times
Quote:

That is why it says in the old testement...GOD drove them out of EDEN....they went in a craft or spaceship...and God took them out and to a different place, to protect the established and eternal kingdom!

Wouldn't want to threaten that estate...and I do not blame God for doing it...it was righteous!

Now if we look at what Humans are doing on Planet Earth....well It only Justifies God's action more so today than yesterday!

As this would is now becoming a bio hazard....and we cannot escape it...But we can change it!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM

29,990 posts, read 20,037,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Christians often refer to, "The sinful nature of man." and "original sin of mankind."

My question is: Do/can animals sin? Why or why not?

Could it be said that the "sinful nature of man" is really man's animal instincts/behaviors inherited through evolution of the species?
No, animals cannot sin. When man/woman chose to eat from the tree of knowledge they differentiated themselves from pure instinctive behavior to that of choice through knowledge and free will. God gave man dominion over animals again proving that we are not the same as animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality