Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,024,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Of course they did, at least once before God ran them out of that garden.

It is written that they "saw that they were naked" after they sinned. That is saying that they then had sex the first time, and it was after that that God ran them out of there.
They really didn't have any clothes to being with, supposedly.
Yahweh had to make them clothing, once they realized they were naked. It wold have been easier for him to just fetch their old clothing, but that doesn't happen - so the logical conclusion is that they had always been naked, especially since the account specifically says that they were - even before the eating of the fruit.

The mention of their nakedness at the beginning of chapter 3 actually has a Hebrew wordplay on the serpent's "subtlety" of the end of chapter 2. Translating it as "the serpent was shrewd" and "the humans were nude" is a good approximation of the wordplay there. It also shows that they were naked prior to the transgression (whether it was simple eating, or sexual in nature).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM

16,591 posts, read 15,522,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
4) Adam and Eve had plenty of sex, but Adam practiced seminal retention, so no pregnancy resulted.

It's interesting--the Catholic Church says sex is only for procreation, but on the other hand, sex in the Catholic Church is a sacrament. Sex is what consummates the marriage. The Church ceremony isn't enough for the marriage to be considered "real". Interesting, no?
Of course, you'll be posting some links to objective proof, won't you?

I gotta tell you guys. The R&P forum has certainly been interesting in recent weeks.

Seminal retention???

Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 AM

9 posts, read 9,238 times
Yes, they had sex; and at the tree of routing the evil to their knowledge was about staring down the Erlibnis (not the Libido). They had to discover the Ego was somewhere in disregard to the state of the libido.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,484,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Seminal retention???
Well, you know how it goes: when you can't actually offer a proof for your (outlandish) idea...make something up!

Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,986,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really, seminal retention? You know this how?...Well it doesn't matter to me because I think it's silly to argue about a myth....We may as well argue about how tall Jack's bean stalk was.
ha, I was just suggesting that as a 4th possibility that the OP overlooked. Tongue in cheek, to some extent, but who knows?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:48 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,986,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I gotta tell you guys. The R&P forum has certainly been interesting in recent weeks.

Seminal retention???
Well, that was the point--to spice it up a little. Look, I don't have to prove anything, any more than the OP has to prove any of the 3 possibilities he presented. But I've been reading about the Gnostics, and some of them practiced it, and some say there's a Jewish tradition of "tantric" sex, "sacred sex", so why not?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,525,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Pulling from very old memory,what I was taught is that the forbidden fruit that they tasted was sex, not an apple, which up until then, they had been innocent of.
When you think how much sex has ruled and ruined so many men, it makes sense
GEN 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
GEN 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth," He blessed sex from the beginning but man perverted it with someone other than the wife given by God.

1COR 7:5 "Defraud you not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinencey." Not many try to time things just for babys [very hard to do] so I say, enjoy, enjoy.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Well, only because you asked...

The first thought I had was, why nitpick over the location where Adam and Eve might have had sex? They had children...so they had sex. Why would it matter whether they did it in Eden or not?

but fred don't "we" know that adam and eve had no sex.. it's kind of hard to believe that imaginary beings had sex in and imaginary place..

Old 02-05-2012, 10:12 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,220,482 times
With all due respect to Adam and Eve and whatever "activity" may or may not have gone on between them, June can tell you all that there happens to be an over abundance of off topic posts in this thread...So please, people, can we get this back on topic? Otherwise, the thread will be closed.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,428,564 times
Of course they did, for they had not been taught that "sex is dirty" by uptight religious people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality