Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As you can tell by the replies, most people here resent Christians, Christianity and the Christians church.
Much the same way most people resent obnoxious, loud, selfish, spoiled rotten children.

Because that is exactly what most Christians are. The only difference is that unlike most children, Christians at one time had the power to burn, torture and decapitate those who didn't give over to their desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 AM

229 posts, read 332,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I find it useless to talk to you. I think you say the most horrible, offensive, horrific things, and then put smiley faces on it and say something falsely nice and expect us to not understand the mean intent in all that you say.
Thank you for your post!
The epitome of "True Christian" love in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I must have missed the newsflash where God fell off his throne and you took his place.
Bwahahaha, post of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post

All souls will dwell in hell for eternity until they accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
You seem overjoyed at the prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Much the same way most people resent obnoxious, loud, selfish, spoiled rotten children.

Because that is exactly what most Christians are. The only difference is that unlike most children, Christians at one time had the power to burn, torture and decapitate those who didn't give over to their desires.
Indeed, I bet they wish they still had it

Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Christianity is not a religion. Religion is the invention of Satan.
So then you're saying "Freedom of Religion" and all the protections our Constitution provide to religions does not apply to Christianity? Cool!

Please have all your churches start coughing up 200 years of back taxes immediately. That should take care of the national debt and then some.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
Indeed, I bet they wish they still had it
We believers look with horror on the past since the Bible was completed, some of us desparately wanting to separate ourselves from it! The murder, rape, and demolition of the past is not a history we want, but for many, it is the history we have. While I follow Messiah, I do not call myself a Christian, because I want nothing to do with such stuff. And neither has He ever put His stamp of approval on it.

The murder of the Jews, the pillaging, the rest was NOT His doing but the doing of people who falsely used G-d's Name.

Today's attrocities have nothing to do with Him either.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM

180 posts, read 217,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Reality is what it is. Man invented god's (idol's) which plays right into Satan's hands as he promotes his cosmic doctrines. But man did not create God. God created man. And God has revealed Himself to man. In ages past, God communicated with man through dreams, visions, angelic teaching, prophets, and the Old Testament Scriptures to the extent to which they had been completed. And then through Jesus Christ who came into the world as a man and went to the Cross to die a substitutionary spiritual death on your behalf so that you would not have to spend eternity separated from God in the lake of fire. In our dispensation, God communicates through His written word.

Christianity is not a religion. Religion is the invention of Satan. It is his ace-trump in his plan to prevent those who he may from ever being saved.

If your eternal future is of any importance to you then you should give every consideration to the Gospel message concerning Christ Jesus who made salvation a reality for those who will but place their faith in Him.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God which is a title for His deity. Jesus Christ is God. The Second Person of the Godhead - the trinity. Some two thousand years ago, He took upon Himself the form a man and came into the world through a virgin birth by which means He was born without a sin nature and therefore without sin. He lived a perfect life free of sin and went to the Cross where His redemptive work satisfied the righteousness of the Father. He paid the penalty for your sins with His spiritual death. He then died physically and three days later He rose again and after 40 days He ascended into Heaven where He is currently seated on the right hand side of the throne of God the Father. Eternal salvation may be yours by simply placing your faith - your trust - your confidence- completely in Jesus Christ. To believe in Christ means that you must cease from your own efforts to save yourself and simply trust in Him.

The alternative to eternal life with God is eternal condemnation in the lake of fire.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Acts 16:31 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...'

This is not about converting anyone to any denomination. This is about your eternal soul and where you will spend eternity. It is a personal choice and decision that everyone must make before they depart this world. There are no second chances after death.

The proof that the Bible is the written word of God can be seen through the many Old Testament prophecies which have already been fulfilled. The continued existence of the Jewish race in the midst of Satanic attempts to destroy them is proof of God's existence. If you are so minded, then simply do some research on these things.
Man created the idea of god.

Satan is anything that opposes you , stop blaming satan , blame the actual party that should be blamed.

There is no hell , so im not too worried.

Jesus was just that a man. He wasnt a mangod he cant save me from anything.

Im not trying save myself from anything , im living the only life that I have as best I see fit. we were born out of nothingness , we will die into nothingness.

The bible is full of contridictions and pagan myths that came many centuries before it. especially jesus , Most of his attributes and the lore surrounding him can be linking back to a pagan god or myth. The people who wanted to make jesus a mangod simply took what they knew to be a god at the time and gave it to jesus. If you are so minded , then simply do some research on these things.

also,
STOP TRYING TO SELL A CURE FOR A SICKNESS THAT DOESNT EXIST.
your no better than the scam artists that try to sell their BS. you make people believe they have a problem and then you give them the solution. nice pyramid scheme.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
We believers look with horror on the past since the Bible was completed, some of us desparately wanting to separate ourselves from it! The murder, rape, and demolition of the past is not a history we want, but for many, it is the history we have. While I follow Messiah, I do not call myself a Christian, because I want nothing to do with such stuff. And neither has He ever put His stamp of approval on it.

The murder of the Jews, the pillaging, the rest was NOT His doing but the doing of people who falsely used G-d's Name.

Today's attrocities have nothing to do with Him either.
I agree with that assessment...evil people will hide behind their bible claiming God's will or some such nonsense...be we all know it is just evil men doing evil deeds to benefit their evil ambitions.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Huh??? What did you find that was hypocritical???????? You took two totally unrelated statements and tried to mash them together. The top statement was referring to Christians who think they are the only ones who have the TRUTH...that no other religion is correct. The second refers to the fact, that after many years of education, I definitely KNOW the bible god is false. Nowhere did I lump all people in that and try to impose my beliefs on others...I simply urge people to study and find out the truth for themselves.
Because you say Christians can't possibly know the truth, but you can.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Oh Christians can know the truth too, as I did...The problem for you is that once you know the truth you will no longer be a Christian.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How do Christians arrive at their truth that all other religions are nonsense and only theirs is the correct one???? What makes the bible more truthful, than the Book of Mormon, afterall...didn't Joseph Smith receive visions JUST LIKE PAUL DID??????? What make the bible more truthful than the Quran or any other holy book for that matter???????

The truth I've gained (which I by no means imposed on anyone else or declared was true for anyone else but myself) is by studying the ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE available...by studying the orgins of religious beliefs, the orgins of the bible, ancient astrotheology, ancient archeology, ancient mythology, ancient comparative religions, etc. for many, many years.......not by shoving my nose in one man made book called the bible and declaring it to be the truth for all.

So...please tell me again...what was hypocritical about that???????

Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh Christians can know the truth too, as I did...The problem for you is that once you know the truth you will no longer be a Christian.
Yes, I know, only non-Christians can possibly know the truth. Another hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality