Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea he broke them, but clearly he doesn't have to follow his own rules. lol
Then if we are to emulate Him, we also are free to break whatever law we choose.

Not a good policy in my book.

Do as I say and not as I do is so hypocritical.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Our Heavenly Father never breaks His own laws... when you come to know who He really is... loving, kind, patient, sweet, gentle, forgiving...
Sure. That is what His victims thought in the O T as He genocided their ass.

then you understand that He's far removed from what you wrote that's contained in the Bible... and don't forget who wrote and rewrote those words.

The best way for men to keep to the 10 commandments is to walk away from temptation... this sometimes is very difficult to do. But good news is that God's Divine Love causes you to rise above them... not to even think about that stuff, actually. So yes, this is a way men can hold to the 10 commandments... if they really wanted to.
Sure easy.

Tell the girl who is raped by her father as the mother turns a blind eye to honor her rapist.
Expect a good slap on your silly mouth.

Regards
DL

Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perwil3356 View Post
Since when does Jesus usurp God the Father,you need to take a bible study class and then come back with real questions?
Which Bible?
The one that says I can have many wives or the one that says I can only have one.

The one that says that it is ok to be Gay or the one that says they are to be discriminated against without just cause?

Regards
DL

Old 08-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
LLAAOOOOOOSSSEERR!

I believe that the correct answer to the aforementioned falseness is N O spells NO.
Typical Christian debate form.
Do not refute anything and insult on the way out because you are angry with your own stupidity and inability to come up with a reasoned reply.

No wonder the young are leaving the Church in droves.
They are brighter than their parents. Thank God for that, so to speak.

Keep up the good work of killing the Church.

Regards
DL

Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Does God break his commandments? In the bible, yes!

He even does so right after Moses brings the commandments down for the first time! Just read Exodus 32, where Moses goes up on the mountain and when he comes back, the people were dancing naked around a golden calf they made. An odd behavior, but not worthy of the death penalty is it?

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

3000 wrongs make a right? But that's not enough punishment for practicing freedom of religion:

32:35 And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

Oddly enough, Aaron goes on to be a leader of the 'church' for quite some time.

Last edited by LogicIsYourFriend; 08-17-2010 at 11:38 AM..

Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Then if we are to emulate Him, we also are free to break whatever law we choose.

Not a good policy in my book.

Do as I say and not as I do is so hypocritical.

Regards
DL
Yes it is hypocritical. But for a book written thousands of years ago as a control tool for the uneducated people of the day, it worked, they didn't question. What better way to instill fear in people than that of an invisible entity capable of great torture and death and of course the fear if you dont follow his words, promise of eternal torture.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Does God break his commandments? In the bible, yes!

He even does so right after Moses brings the commandments down for the first time! Just read Exodus 32, where Moses goes up on the mountain and when he comes back, the people were dancing naked around a golden calf they made. An odd behavior, but not worthy of the death penalty is it?

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

3000 wrongs make a right? But that's not enough punishment for practicing freedom of religion:

32:35 And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

Oddly enough, Aaron goes on to be a leader of the 'church' for quite some time.
God has a weird sense of right and wrong as Cane came under His protection after the murder of Able and went on to be king of a city and prospered.

What a God.

Regards
DL

Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes it is hypocritical. But for a book written thousands of years ago as a control tool for the uneducated people of the day, it worked, they didn't question. What better way to instill fear in people than that of an invisible entity capable of great torture and death and of course the fear if you dont follow his words, promise of eternal torture.
Constantine got what he paid for and his people, the ones he let live that is, bleated all the way home.

Regards
DL

Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Sure easy.

Tell the girl who is raped by her father as the mother turns a blind eye to honor her rapist.
Expect a good slap on your silly mouth.

Regards
DL
Our Heavenly Father never genocided anybody... aren't you getting it yet that the bible is full is fabrications, distortions, lies, and bunk... and anything written in there that claims our Heavenly Father is evil in any way whatsoever is blasphemous and not to be believed.

Ask those who are sitting in Hell just how easy it is... they probably wouldn't agree with you.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
SoCal: You certainly get style points for your particular outlook on the Bible, but I don't understand how you can think that there is anything in there claiming that the "Heavenly Father is evil". After all, that god of the Bible was right no matter what he did.

I regard being sent to the Hell you refer to as a great evil, a punishment out of proportion to anything a human is capable of. Even the worst of criminals in this country get a lethal injection, certainly not everlasting torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality