Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Maybe I need an extra cup of coffee, but I'm still working my way through the original question of this thread. Does and should God break His commandments?

Help me out here: the assumption is that we're God's creations. How then do we take it upon ourselves to question the motives of our Creator?
Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

If we are to emulate God, should we not know who and why we emulate Him?

If we are to emulate him then we should learn which of our laws to break when we want the same way He does.

Killing with genocide and lying for instance.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
God is a mathematical perfection, but we EVOLVE without without even a mathematical explanation; for explanations tough math. is justifying improved language. Hey: the question could read; can we improve on the ten commandments?
If so, then start a thread.

You might want to know where they came from first.

Dailymotion - 2007-Doc Zone - Pagan Christ 1 of 3 - une vidéo Actu et Politique

Regards
DL

Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Does and should God break His commandments?
There are inconsistencies in scripture that indicate that God is not subject to His own laws and commandments.
If, on earth as it is in heaven is to have meaning, and if God is to be our greatest example, we should remember that any human law maker is subject to his laws yet many think that God has more of a, do as I say and not as I do, type of morality. This to me would be an immoral and hypocritical position and I cannot see God taking it. If God is exempt from His own laws then, on earth as in heaven, can never come to pass.
As I look at the list of commandments, I see where God and or Jesus may indeed have broken some of the commandments.
The 1st You shall have no other gods before me.
It appears the Jesus broke this commandment by placing himself above God the Father, ----only through me. That is why we are told that if we do not believe in Jesus, we are doomed to hell. This basically usurps the function once held by the Father.
The 2nd You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
God Himself carved a set of commandments for Moses and thus breaks the commandment.
The 3rd You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
Pass.
The 4th Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Jesus was accused of working and preaching on the Sabbath.
http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=Jesus%20sabbath&version1=9&searchtype=all
The 5th Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
Jesus seems again to place Himself ahead or above the Father which arguably shows a lack of respect.

The 6th You shall not murder.
God, in a large number of places in the O T, either kills or orders the killing of many and in the cases of children and babies, these can arguably be called murder.
The 7th You shall not commit adultery.
God is said to use Mary, another man’s woman, to reproduce what some would call a bastard son as it was born out of wedlock.
Tee 8th You shall not steal.
Pass.

The 9th You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
If lie is implied, we would see again a number of times where we can arguably say that God lied. The first would be in Eden to Adam and Eve who were told they could eat of the tree of life and later, God rescinded this statement and prevented that possibility. Thus making His statement a lie. It is also said by theists that god gave us our free will and He is also shown as rescinding this gift every time He killed or had someone killed. They would obviously had the free will choice to live and not die yet this free will decision was ignored by God.
10th You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
God seems to break this one as well when He desired Mary as the vessel for His reproductive purposes. He also seems to covet our love honor and adoration quite strongly as, if it is denied, then those who do not, end in eternal hell.
These clearly show a poor record, 2 out of 10, for God in keeping His own commandment and laws. I have likely been marking in a stricter way than the average theist.
Should God be expected to keep the commandments?
If we can get past these then we can tackle the question of whether or not man can hold to the 10 commandments. I think we can actually do better than God.
Regards
DL

I think you have it all wrong...and in some way being wrong helps us find what is right....cause and effect...and action speak louder than words...if we use intent as a guide line.

So if Jesus says only through me can one come before the Father of Creation....then it is because Jesus was the truth of God, the word of God, and the act or action or actor of God's instructions in human form....DOING WHAT GOD SAID TO DO!

Now that is the truth of Jesus, and God.

As it is...there are only right and wrong directions.

Be it like this...in numerical math of no living things....we take the number 2 and we add 2...what is the answer?....4
So we can say in all truth that 2+2=4 non living things...this is what Jesus said...I am the truth and the light...and the way!!!!

So God is one...and Jesus is one..and he took one with him who was also one...and there were others taken who complied to God's word and will.

THis is the mathimatical truth of God and Christ Jesus, and the others....it is only through the right equation and action or act that ones makes the correct resulting factors to enter the kingdom of God.

Only through those acts and actions in a certain light or sinlessness...being the opposite of something that was done in the begining that God said not to do.......that God said to do in this alternate place, and how to do them!...share..."I Give You everything" and what Did God Give us...Everything!!!!
and it says not to profane any of the givens....so prohibition is wrong according to Acts 10:15 and Genesis 9:3 ,1:11, 1:12,1:29, 2:15! and Acts 3:21...not to mention Rev 17:17

So we have to put down the wrong...and pick up the right!

God wanted EDEN because God made EDEN...thus it is or was his will to make the Garden Tame and compliant and balanced and forever.
Adam and Eve did something wrong in taking in disobediance what was warned not to touch, of a one of a kind plant, that just came into being fruited or seeded!
And they ate of it,...killing any hope of more of the one of kind tree or plant!
And in that act they created Death....and God sent them into death to retrieve and restore that plant sinlessly!...till, sow, and grow...tame the wild (opposite created by disobediance) ...""It is because of you it is like this""....GOD PROCLAIMED!!!

So only one way in = sin + the action against God ....and only one way out = sinlessness and our compliance to God!...and go the extra mile..and put back what was taken in disobediance...SINLESSLY!

Jesus is right!

And it takes how many humans How long to figure it out?...with instructions, and words of God and all the prophets and saints slaughtered, denied, and debunked refuted and dispelled?.... to make Eden or EDENS in likeness sinlessly?...with out even trying to do it????

Oh well that puts a tin hat on it,... when they prohibite anyone from planting certain plants (contrabann/Romaness Bent Laws)....we know the ANTI EDEN< ANTI GOD< AND ANTI CHRIST is at work STILL!!!

And if we still have that anti Christ, anti Eden, and Anti God mindset....the opposite is also true!

Polluting, killing, and defileing, corrupting, spying and lying to make war a constant, and all the other evils and sins dancing in Glee under that Idol...God said not to have!

Who is working for God?....not too many if they are hunted down and slaughtered, imprisoned or worse these days....

SO how far bent is this world full of dead bloodsuckers going to go on for? and for how long do we denie the truth of God and Genesis?

The Joke of the universe I'd say!...not listening to logical progression, so more false profits can be made off the evils and sins they continually do?

Yah a big Joke!

And if it continues in the wrong direction opposite that truth of EDEN...and we continue to use the IDOL and make profits off the evils and sins and detramentals in pollutiong the planet at a higher and higher cost to live in it...while it is being defiled in that way....how long do you think the natural eco systems will continue to support us in any health conscious manner?

A big Joke indeed!...and they claim they are intelligent?....LOL

Working for God everyday doing good, and for the greator Good of God....the sabbath is for man....and doing good everyday is not work.
Every day of creation is holy, blessed, and constitutes and proclaims God's workings on all days for the greator good of all living things.

Jesus was doing Good...for God...and that is not work...especially if one sees the whole or greator picture....it is required that we all do some required actions to fulfill the greator Good of God....EDEN.

And it is not a burden or hard work now......it is benefical to the whole....the oneness...the greator good of all living things...
And it is required to be done a certain way!
Not for bent profits and gains....But to share and make peace, health, and happiness!

Something God wants us to have!

So if we see someone in trouble on the sabbath....we should help them.
If we see a mule stuck in the ditch on the sabbath....we should help it.

This is all Good Practice...for it is in good mind and heart that we all help when ever we can!
Keeping in mind that to do good is Holy, is righteous, is Good...and God wants Good for it is what made EDEN to begin with....(and God saw that it was Good and blessed it!)

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-20-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Default Does and should God break His commandments?

They are ALL man's rules. If there is a god, he ain't talking to us while we're alive on this planet, and all the conflicting "commandments" prove it.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Default Does and should God break His commandments?

They are ALL man's rules. If there is a god, he ain't talking to us while we're alive on this planet, and all the conflicting "commandments" prove it.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

If we are to emulate God, should we not know who and why we emulate Him?

If we are to emulate him then we should learn which of our laws to break when we want the same way He does.

Killing with genocide and lying for instance.

Regards
DL

What!!!

"I Kill with genocide, because Abraham never existed. I am your enemy for the love of choosing good against the virtuously proven Good."

Genesis !:21

Old 08-21-2010, 01:17 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

On the contrary....To understand the eco systems and some of the living entites in that estate...we must conform to that estate in order for it to be what it is...in essence we are in a matrix made By God.
And this matrix is in a form of natural chained linkages which have to reproduce in order to contune on in time..to make food, and to be food...is some regards...to make a balance of natural estates to purify the self or the waters, or the air or the soils or all of the above.

"LET US MAKE HUMANS KIND"...is by far the stretch of the imaginative mindset of GOD's> greator intelligence than Human...and all the others whom God is addressing in our making and in this matrix...who are they?

Thus to tend and Keep the Garden...in essence is a vital role to undertake, in order that the continuance of the system or matrix continues to the next generation....with all the Givens God made Good..and blessed!

Thus to sow seeds, and order the plants from wild to tame, and feed the animals is a great ordeal, but it is necessary to ensure the continuance of that estate or matrix!

So a undeniable Truth is at hand....God said to tend and keep the garden with all the Givens!
And to order them, and tame them...and make in likeness and multiply them...EDENS...being the multiple of EDEN....and to do it sinlessly...undoes what was done by ADAM and EVE.

Nothing omitted, nothing removed, nothing profaned!= Acts 10:15 Acts 3;21, REV 17:17

So this is the truth of God....

And he is talking to all people!....that includes You!

If you are working for Money (engraven imaged thing made more improtant than God and his instruction or word)....then you no doubt are not working for God...Mathew 6:24 come into play!

What is your line of work?....does it comply with the tending and keeping aspect of the creation and God's instruction?

If not...you have been lead astray!

As Jesus and God have proclaimed.

Coming back to reality?

Are this worlds eco systems now in jeopardy?....YEP!
Are the waters being polluted along with the living things in them?...YEP!
Are the food stocks being effected to make people sick?.....YEP!
Are their mutation being born under that IDOL?,,,.....YEP!!!!
Are they selfishly and greedily making genetically modified Seeds to increase profit, and not sharing with other life God made for us to tend and keep well,..with out knowing the devistating outcomes , UISING HUMAN LIFE AS GUINEA PIGS for their bent unnatural diabolical experiments?....YEP

Are they also using fossil fuels (Dead Blood) to fuel their bent systems of non compliant sinners, and evil doers that are now polluting the air, waters, and soils, mindlessly for bent profit and gains in nothing important?....YEP!!

Remember...Plants feed people and other life...and water is the key ingrediant to those things which God made first, so we could be what we are!... with the soils rich and sound...and they all are in part partners in the chain of Living things that support us through God, and christs truth!

Money feeds no one, if the above is not managed accordingly to God's word and will.
And the promise of abundance from the lands...if not managed well, or to the letter of the laws of God....will not give abundantly....as the opposite estate for those who do not do what God said to do!...will surely be moved by God's anger!

So it is in our best interest to do what God said...logically speaking... sinlessly....to feed the people, and share with other life that is also part of the chain of Life...God made for us to be in until we do what God said to do!...tend and keep it all....that makes us Godly...and the closer we come to that...the more we come closer to GOD..like God we are his children...and his children listen to truth.

So the law of the lands...out of the Bible are upheld, and all is shared.

That is a better system

...cause it removes the IDOL (engraven thing) and it solves the problems of not having enough to go round if everyone does some sowing tilling and harvesting!
it gives everyone Everything needed to live a simple life...freely.
Thus no enemies are born, and no more need to sin...in some regards.

If we share...Like God shares...and Jesus shares to...(the Fish in the basket) it goes further when we all share what is sharable.

"I Give you everything"....has now been stollen from you....the moment you pick up that IDOL and start working for it, instead of God and the Garden....and the Garden is weening and becoming defiled...while they proclaim there is no God?.....how follish that is.

Now they have the Global warming senerio on the back burner with the enviroment issues, and pollution problems, and high medical needs and cures for sicknesses that also that should never be....If we were intelligent....The beast is sipping the dead blood of all life, including the saints,prophets, and others...to pollute and defile the givens!

But as it is..Humans are not only not intelligent (because they do not see, or hear, orl listen to logical reasoning)....they are detramental to the existance and continuance of ALL Life!

So as this world becomes more polluted...more hospitals and pharmacuticals, and a higher price for that, and more tax to support it. for more sicknesses which all comes about throught our disobediances and sins, and evils...which profit the beast more!
Yes more taxes...for more sins, and evils...all being done, because of the Idol,,and the beasts...many heads...same IDOL....which gives it its power...
And when the planet is dead...and all living things die under it completely...becuase of us....and nothing will grow anymore, because we destroyed the OZONE and the LANDS and the Waters and soils.....and we then turn to canabilizium...
Then we will see the logical truth of God and Jesus, and everyone else who said the words out of Genesis 2:15 and 9:3.

Is God talking to you now?...can you follow the bent direction this planet/HUMANS are now on?

Do you want to change it?

If You do...then You have to do what God says!

That is the problem these Days...no one listens or does what it says to do.
They are all off doing something else!

Wonder why?

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-21-2010 at 01:32 AM..

Old 08-21-2010, 05:51 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
That is the problem these Days...no one listens or does what it says to do.
They are all off doing something else!
The problem, as you put it, becomes a part of the picture when someone starts a thread asking a general question concerning God, and you turn it into a paean to Jesus. There are lots of people who don't necessarily follow Jesus' dictates.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
I
Keeping in mind that to do good is Holy, is righteous, is Good...and God wants Good for it is what made EDEN to begin with....(and God saw that it was Good and blessed it!)
Did O T God begin His genocidal flood on the Sabbath?

Was it good and holy and righteous?

Is it more moral to kill or to cure when one can do either?

Regards
DL

Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Yes.
Only man can put voice to the will of God.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality