Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,621,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
I want to know how i hear that !

Our existence in this world and the creation of entire universe are not mere accidents
or products of a fortuitous nature

Every single soul knows that he is existing and that his existence is dependent upon a Creator. he knows for sure that he cannot create himself.

Therefore it is his duty to know his master, his Creator.

I think it is so evident , clear ?

God only has the right to decide who to enter paradise & hell.

Somebody get this poor soul a drink, his explanation is about as clear as mud..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 06:49 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,621,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old [B
Gringo[/b];16332118]We all come from the same place.

We all go to the same place.

hey, Old Gringo, are you sure you want to be in the same place with some of these people...

Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,475,681 times
Well, you know what Groucho Marx said. "I don't want to join a club that would have me as a member."

Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,505,180 times
so these two workmen are repairing a road in front of a brothel in Dublin. They see the local Protestant Minister walk in.

"Ay, whats a happenin to the world, when even Reverend Smith goes to a brothel"

Then they see the rabbi go in.

"Ay, what is the world comin to, when Rabbi Levine is using a brothel?"

Then they see the priest go in

"Ay, its a sad day, one of the girls must be dyin' and needs last rites"

Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM

11,137 posts, read 10,904,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
A priest, a rabbi, an imam and an atheist walk into a bar. The priest sits down and begins praying that God will perform a miracle and place a drink in front of him.
The rabbi does the same. The imam prays that God will not allow him to be tempted though that drink sounds good). The atheist simply sits at the bar and flags down the bartender. When no drink appears the priest exclaims 'God must be testing my faith!' and prays harder. The rabbi ponders for a moment and then says 'He must be punishing me for something from the past.' The imam looks with a sign of relief and says, 'Thankfully I did not have to defile myself!'. The atheist rolls his eyes, orders a drink and when gets it replies 'Well, I guess if this God of yours exists, I'm his favorite!"
+1....... God helps those who help themselves!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,230,967 times
Jesus said..."those who do the will of the Father shall enter paradise"

It is a self fulfilling paradox...
"Those who do not (have nothing to enter) will not (because it has not been made)"

And how it is done is part of the key to it standing forever....

Sinlessly Putting back a plant... is the cornerstone the bent builders forgot about....and putting down their engraven idol...and making Wars..and oppressing people needs to end....... now it is coming to the judgment of God...And the first thing they do is Go to war by any means necessary...even lies!
While holding a plant as contrabann out of the peoples right to sow...and know...it is part of the Kingdom of God....as God said...it is Good...Jesus said..."it is all Good when taken with thanksgiving"...and so nothing is to be omitted that God made Good in the kingdom of God...smile

Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,529,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Answer:
The atheists...because when all the Christians, Jews and Muslims have gone off to your 'heaven', it will be paradise here on Earth.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:11 AM

460 posts, read 590,863 times
1. A person has to believe in or accept the existence of either a paradise or a hell or a combination of the two.

2. A person has the right to define what a paradise or a hell is, only to realize that whatever concocted definition will be personal and cannot be applied universally.

3. Similarly, a person's beliefs cannot be applied universally. Just because "you" say that there is a heaven or a hell does not make it so.

4. Interestingly, of all the religions that have existed on Earth (and known about or studied), only one claimed that paradise had already descended to Earth: early Christianity.

But thanks to Charlemagne and his ilk, Christianity was so vastly altered that it has now rejected the claim of the Christ: the Kingdom of God has come. Modern Christianity now joins the never-ending chorus of "the Kingdom of God is coming--but only if we are righteous (whatever that means)--and only for a select worthy few.

5. So, other than giving God a different name, the Jews, the Moslems, and the Christians are all in the same boat, trying to outdo each other in denouncing the others and promoting their own righteous self-worth.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 AM

271 posts, read 353,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
1. A person has to believe in or accept the existence of either a paradise or a hell or a combination of the two.
No. Every person has to believe in both
Quote:
2. A person has the right to define what a paradise or a hell is, only to realize that whatever concocted definition will be personal and cannot be applied universally.
No, he is a creature , created to worship

Surat Adh-Dhariyat [51:54-60] - The Holy Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

-And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
-I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
-Verily, Allah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.
-And indeed, for those who have wronged is a portion [of punishment] like the portion of their predecessors,so let them not ask Me to hasten on!
-And woe to those who have disbelieved from their Day which they are promised.

Quote:
4. Interestingly, of all the religions that have existed on Earth (and known about or studied), only one claimed that paradise had already descended to Earth: early Christianity.
but I think what you talk about is in OT ?!
Quote:
5. So, other than giving God a different name, the Jews, the Moslems, and the Christians are all in the same boat, trying to outdo each other in denouncing the others and promoting their own righteous self-worth.
Misconception: ONLY one God send messangers and prophets to remind people of purpose of their existence.

Current Jews belief is according to Ezra (not Moses){you can read about Moses death in Torah supposed to be written by him} while Current christian's belief is according to Paul (Not Jesus himself) and you can conclude that bible"s" ( were hundreds in first 300 ys after Jesus ) has no single word about so called "trinity"

similarly, you can find that OT & NT ( although great corrupions , it seems that corrupotrs didn't notice !) both refers to the final messanger ( and who follows him only is the person who will gain God's mercy.
Prophet Muhammad in the Bible
Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of the Prophet of Islam

Best wishes

Old 10-22-2010, 06:21 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,023,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
No. Every person has to believe in both
No, he is a creature , created to worship

Surat Adh-Dhariyat [51:54-60] - The Holy Qur'an - القرآÙ† الكريÙ…

-And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
-I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
-Verily, Allah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.
-And indeed, for those who have wronged is a portion [of punishment] like the portion of their predecessors,so let them not ask Me to hasten on!
-And woe to those who have disbelieved from their Day which they are promised.

but I think what you talk about is in OT ?!
Misconception: ONLY one God send messangers and prophets to remind people of purpose of their existence.

Current Jews belief is according to Ezra (not Moses){you can read about Moses death in Torah supposed to be written by him} while Current christian's belief is according to Paul (Not Jesus himself) and you can conclude that bible"s" ( were hundreds in first 300 ys after Jesus ) has no single word about so called "trinity"

similarly, you can find that OT & NT ( although great corrupions , it seems that corrupotrs didn't notice !) both refers to the final messanger ( and who follows him only is the person who will gain God's mercy.
Prophet Muhammad in the Bible
Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of the Prophet of Islam

Best wishes

Before you make statements about what Jews believe you ought to know what you are talking about and that comes from reading.

JewishEncyclopedia.com - EZRA THE SCRIBE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality