Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times

Advertisements

I hear so many people say.. 'i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage'.

How does that even make any sense?

you're against something that has NOTHING to do with you affects YOU an NO way, but DOES affect GAY PEOPLE"S lives ONLY.. and in a NEGATIVE WAY/

isn't that like saying that 'i don't hate you but i'm not for you having any food'

or hitting someone in the face and saying you don't hate them.

Since being gay is NOT a choice, what do you EXPECT them to do? and WHY do you want to make people suffer for NO REASON with no benefit to you?

Isn't that the definition of SADISTIC?

Do you think they should marry straight people and have unloving sham marriages?

I'm JUST NOT understanding the mentality of the i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage crowd.

would they be willing to visit gay families and tell them this to their face?

or all gay people just 'the unreal they' to them?

I am assuming when people say they are against gay marriage they are saying that they are against gay marriage for STRAIGHT PEOPLE? but the issues isn't gay marriage for straight people, it's gay marriage for gay PEOPLE!!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Well, just one opinion:
One can believe in a cultural norm that applies specific criteria (a man and a woman being wedded), and feel that this is normative in one's culture - and NOT be considered hateful, because they wish to preserve the normative nature of that cultural norm. That is one way in which someone can be against gay marriage, and not be considered hateful - they presumably would be against any sort of non-normative criteria in marriage, no matter what it was.

The same goes for the custom of virgins wearing white during weddings. This doesn't mean that the followers of this custom HATE non-virgins, it just means that they have a cultural norm concerning what color of clothing a virgin wears. It may, of course, presume a predilection towards the virginal status upon marriage, but it does not automatically mean the people following this norm hate non-virgins.

That, at least, is one way in which one can oppose gay-marriage and not be hateful of gay people.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:31 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
There are people in the church of Christianity that are taught many things and have logical ideas and prejudice ideas which makes sense to people who heard some ideas .... Biblically and spiritually there is a dark spirit which give people ideas as all people on the earth will be challenged by this dark spirits ..... So if a person considers them selves a gay person , then I challenge then to seek and find deliverance from Jesus Holy Spirit of all influences of dark Spirits, just like all other influences of the spirit of this world ..... See this is the passion of Christianity as most Christians have been delivered of dark spirit and have come out a different person than they were before ... See Christians are called to fight the dark spirit of this world and NOT man of this world ....

Old 03-16-2012, 05:53 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,448 times
The reason why a person may love a gay person yet is against gay marriage likely has nothing to do with what any book of the Bible says. Remember, the Bible is a series of books, and not all of them apply to all peoples. I think the real reason people oppose gay marriage yet love gay people is partially because most quasi-religious people have a sheeple mentality (irregardless of their attitudes towards LGBT people) and partially because it's a power play. Marriage is treated as a special right in the USA as it is around the world. "Look, I have the right to marriage because I am a chosen one." It's a macho thing for people who are little people in real life. If gay marriage threatens someone, in my eyes they are weak and effeminate. Nowhere in the books of the Bible does GOD say anything about LGBT being evil or to not marry.

Gay marriage rights? Heterosexual maritial rights are practically non-existant in the USA. Go into a 'family court' and see how many rights you have in a marriage LOL.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Many people and many cultures have been against homosexual acts, so I don't think it is fair to say all of these people have been motivated by hatred.

Maybe people see homosexuals as being a drain on society because they don't procreate as much, which could be seen as harmful to societies struggling to survive.

Whatever it is, I'm glad homosexuals are being more accepted these days. Our American society is much better than it used to be.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I hear so many people say.. 'i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage'.

How does that even make any sense?
Now stop putting the shoe on the other foot....

God clearly says, that this sort of act is an abomonation to him....and then Jesus says let em be filthy, or evil ...in continuing to displease God, blantantly, by bringing this sort of thing into his house of Purity and light.

Of course, God is the bad Guy for that isn't he?

Well if you told me you do not like monkeys scewing and spewing on your bed...and I brough in monkeys to do just that, not just once after being told not to, but many many times over....How would you feel about sleeping in that bed?..or in that house?....now defiled in your mind , as to what you said you do not like, being done...even right in front of you...how would you react?...and then told you have to like it, because the rest of the bent world likes it....if you hate it, you are the bad guy.

See...this is the same kinda thing with God...man and woman were suppose to be mates...nothing else was ment to be...and there are sexually transmitted deseases out there, and bacterial infections one can acquire by being filthy in oh so many ways...sexually...and putting a rubber on...does not really make it safe, nor proper, nor allowable...it is still wrong....in that: God's mind, heart, and spirit....

Now if that be as it says in scripture...trying to make it right is futile thinking, when it comes to what is right, what is sound, and what is ment to be for us as humans...if humans can adapt and change to the inviroment..and evolve to a higher state of mind intelligently...biologically speaking...the gene pool of Gay and lesbians cancils out ...when X is found as the root cause...and removed from the inviroment, service or use, or injestation....or programming...then they will stop being born!..mutations!

So it is not good to bring that kind of thing into God's house, if he finds it displeasing or detramantal to life (sickness and suffering)...if God's house is male and female only club house...But those trying to change their ways...and resist the temptations of sin or evil or sexual ludeness...and become part of the purity and holiness of God...doing good, and sharing in the truth of God...living in god's way...and accepting they are flawed and need to change from within.....Now that may be forgivable...as for wedlock...what is written word of God should never be changed...it is written as a warning!!!...not to remove, or add to the scriptures...and that is what they are now trying to do...as the woes and wrath seem to be gaining in furosity in the world....wonder why?

Not saying I'm right...But respecting God I would imagine, would be prudent on this matter.

Just sayin.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Now stop putting the shoe on the other foot....

God clearly says, that this sort of act is an abomonation to him....and then Jesus says let em be filthy, or evil ...in continuing to displease God, blantantly, by bringing this sort of thing into his house of Purity and light.

Of course, God is the bad Guy for that isn't he?

Well if you told me you do not like monkeys scewing and spewing on your bed...and I brough in monkeys to do just that, not just once after being told not to, but many many times over....How would you feel about sleeping in that bed?..or in that house?....now defiled in your mind , as to what you said you do not like, being done...even right in front of you...how would you react?...and then told you have to like it, because the rest of the bent world likes it....if you hate it, you are the bad guy.

See...this is the same kinda thing with God...man and woman were suppose to be mates...nothing else was ment to be...and there are sexually transmitted deseases out there, and bacterial infections one can acquire by being filthy in oh so many ways...sexually...and putting a rubber on...does not really make it safe, nor proper, nor allowable...it is still wrong....in that: God's mind, heart, and spirit....

Now if that be as it says in scripture...trying to make it right is futile thinking, when it comes to what is right, what is sound, and what is ment to be for us as humans...if humans can adapt and change to the inviroment..and evolve to a higher state of mind intelligently...biologically speaking...the gene pool of Gay and lesbians cancils out ...when X is found as the root cause...and removed from the inviroment, service or use, or injestation....or programming...then they will stop being born!..mutations!

So it is not good to bring that kind of thing into God's house, if he finds it displeasing or detramantal to life (sickness and suffering)...if God's house is male and female only club house...But those trying to change their ways...and resist the temptations of sin or evil or sexual ludeness...and become part of the purity and holiness of God...doing good, and sharing in the truth of God...living in god's way...and accepting they are flawed and need to change from within.....Now that may be forgivable...as for wedlock...what is written word of God should never be changed...it is written as a warning!!!...not to remove, or add to the scriptures...and that is what they are now trying to do...as the woes and wrath seem to be gaining in furosity in the world....wonder why?

Not saying I'm right...But respecting God I would imagine, would be prudent on this matter.

Just sayin.
Who are you to decide that same-sex marriage is right or wrong?

Doesn't your bible say that God created man in his image? If so, using your attempt at logic, God screwed up when he created gays. He, the perfect and infallible creator of all, made a mistake! Well, don't that just beat all!

People deserve to be happy, and not just the straight ones or the Christian ones. All people.

It's a beautiful thing to love and be loved. Does it affect your life if a same-sex couple love each other and want to marry? No, it doesn't.

One day we will rid ourselves of these stupid prejudices and learn to see people instead of color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Who are you to decide that same-sex marriage is right or wrong?

Doesn't your bible say that God created man in his image? If so, using your attempt at logic, God screwed up when he created gays. He, the perfect and infallible creator of all, made a mistake! Well, don't that just beat all!

People deserve to be happy, and not just the straight ones or the Christian ones. All people.

It's a beautiful thing to love and be loved. Does it affect your life if a same-sex couple love each other and want to marry? No, it doesn't.

One day we will rid ourselves of these stupid prejudices and learn to see people instead of color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
I am not deciding on what is right or wrong persay...The church of God is tied to a religious book..KING JAMES< and THE TORRAH> or other..and as it is for now...I would reference that first..as the word of God...IN .DEUTERONOMY...Read it there...the Holy wedlock is when two/ Male and Female..only...are tied together to make First ADAM (symbolically), to do the will of God..which would be Genesis 2:15 sinlessly!!!..restoring Eden..with the plant they removed from it's placement by their ansestors (adam and Eve )(first sin)...as one body..reunited as one body before the split, and the fall from grace....man and woman...nothing else can do this....right?...for they are the ones who did the act of that sin...only those responsible can undo it.

Is it my interpretation, that God asks me to kill them..?.but the commandment which came after...found me in sin for killing or murder...So Jesus says, Let em be...but, that does not allow them to change the church, nor the words in the books of religious writtings..and teachings...as it says in them books not to do that....and that when they do, the wrath of god will come!!!!

So..it is not my deciding this, it has already be decided by God....and look I see woe and wrath already , more and more so!!

But Lets see how far bent we can take this.

Let us ask the Gay pedophiles in the churches, why they do what they do...and let us find favour with them who screw the children, and allow them to be..and be free in the church to defile more children...eh?

Where is the line of decission drawn?...Gay Pedophiles?, Beastiality?...or just pedophiles to have rights as humans go...so let em marry children and rape em...because they love that way of being or living...that is their nature...that is their calling...their reason for being...and they see no wrong in it...it is natural to them.

Yah my decission?...no...but there it is...it is happening, and has happened...should it continue?

Your decission ? of what value is it??, if you allow in part part of what is wrong to be made right?...should your decission count?...
It is not my decission , nor yours that matters to God...Only God's decission matters.

Now we have rapists, murderers, theives, and liars...should their decission count?

No!

Only God is good!

Only God is righteous enough.

Only God is true to the nature of life....and we are seeing the results of not listening to that voice of truth...and that is a telling tale too.

So..I agree with God...and not changing the wedlock to include anyother being "except man and women" in the church...or by them who say they are religiously minded to the word of God..in them books and supposed houses of the holy....

Hence not changing anything...If the gay and lesbians want to wed...let the state or heads of state marry them in a civil court.
And leave the church and God out of it.

That would be respectful enough...for me....But it is still wrong in God's eyes!

You talk to me about love...?..get a grip on reality,,,there is no love in sex...period!...if sex brings death sickness and suffering into the world.

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-16-2012 at 10:34 PM..

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Would it ever cross your mind that there are many Gay people opposed to Gay marriage? I, being Gay, included?

I'm opposed to marriage, Period!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
I am not deciding on what is right or wrong persay...The church of God is tied to a religious book..KING JAMES< and THE TORRAH...I would reference that first..as the word of God...IN .DEUTERONOMY...Read it there...the Holy wedlock is when two Male and Female..only...are tied together, to do the will of God..which would be Genesis 2:15 sinlessly..restoring Eden..with the plant they removed from it's placement by their ansestors...as one body..reunited as one body before the split....man and woman...nothing else can do this....right?...

Is it my interpretation, that God asks me to kill them...but the commandment which came after...found me in sin for killing...So Jesus says, Let em be...but, that does not allow them to change the church, nor the words in the books of religious writtings..and teachings...as it says in them books not to do that....

So..it is not my deciding this, it has already be decided by God.

But Lets see how far bent we can take this.

Lets ask the Gay pedophiles in the churches, why they do what they do...and let us find favour with them who screw the children, and allow them to be..and be free in the church to defile more children...eh?

Where is the line drawn?...Gay Pedophiles, or just pedophiles have rights as humans go...so let em marry children and rape em...because they love that way...that is their nature...that is their calling...their reason for being...and they see no wrong in it...it is natural to them.

Yah my decission?...no...but there it is...it is happening, and has happened...should it continue?

Your decission ? of what value is it, if you allow in part part of what is wrong...should your decission count?...
It is not my decission , nor yours that matters to God...Only God's decission matters.

Now we have rapists, murderers, theives, and liars...should their decission count?

No!

Only God is good!

Only God is righteous enough.

Only God is true to the nature of life....and we are seeing the results of not listening to that voice of truth...and that is a telling tale.

So..I agree with God...and not changing the wedlock to include anyother being except man and women in the church...or by them who say they are religiously minded to the word of God.

Hence not changing anything...If the gay and lesbians want to wed...let the state or heads of state marry them in a civil court.
And leave the church and God out of it.

That would be respectful enough...for me....But it is still wrong in God's eyes!
Oh, so you agree that same-sex marriage should be legalized.

That's certainly a step in the right direction!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.