Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:11 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

The origin of the satans and the demons are not hidden in mystery, but are plainly documented in the writings of old. Satan is a created evil spirit, in heaven, for whom the Lake of Fire was made.

Demons are evil spirits on earth, who are disembodied nephillim/giant souls, begotten of the fallen holy Watcher/guardian/ruling angels, on earth, by daughters of Adam whom they took for wives.

Satan was never at any time a holy angel in heaven nor a son of God in heaven. He is created as an evil spirit, with many evil hosts of spirits under his command, to do what his names define him as doing. He and his hosts of satans get the rejects of the race of Adam, and the holy angels who fell, and the disembodied nephillim -the demons- as their own reward, as "food" to feast upon for eternity unending, in the Lake of Fire; which is the kingdom of darkness over which He will rule, as king, forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:42 PM

460 posts, read 592,827 times
I might suggest that you research some already establish research on writings, philosophies, and religious practices that are much much older than the Bible.

You will find that there was no concept of a Satan (modern Christian and Islamic views).

Rather, you will find that there is the concept of Adversary, which is how the Hewbrew word should be translated.

Second, inasmuch as the gods were more adversarial--hardly ever beneficial--true evil came from the heart of mankind itself.

If you wish to somehow correlate the modern concept of Satan with, let's say, Hades, which is quite a stretch, by the way, the bugaboo with Hades was that death was final and punishment was controlled by a god who more or less had manaical tendencies anyway.

Satan, the Adversary, to the Jewish people represented anything and everything that contradicted their male-oriented god. Their greatest "battle" was against a female-oriented goddess, which represented ofall things (horror upon horror) a matriarchal line of descent, women representation in business and government, and a society whereby women were just a little more than equal to men.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
So...your god created Satan, a purely evil being? Speaks volumes for the motivations of your deity. Either he made a mistake, or he meant to inflict terrible suffering on the world.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
I might suggest that you research some already establish research on writings, philosophies, and religious practices that are much much older than the Bible.

You will find that there was no concept of a Satan (modern Christian and Islamic views).

Rather, you will find that there is the concept of Adversary, which is how the Hewbrew word should be translated.

Second, inasmuch as the gods were more adversarial--hardly ever beneficial--true evil came from the heart of mankind itself.

If you wish to somehow correlate the modern concept of Satan with, let's say, Hades, which is quite a stretch, by the way, the bugaboo with Hades was that death was final and punishment was controlled by a god who more or less had manaical tendencies anyway.

Satan, the Adversary, to the Jewish people represented anything and everything that contradicted their male-oriented god. Their greatest "battle" was against a female-oriented goddess, which represented ofall things (horror upon horror) a matriarchal line of descent, women representation in business and government, and a society whereby women were just a little more than equal to men.
The book of Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam which is also called Ethiopian Enoch because the Ethiopian NT Christians who were converted Jews had Enoch and kept it in their list of books they collected and read, teaches that Satan is an evil spirit in heaven, and that there are many satans -a host of them- under him, and that the demons are disembodied spirits of the nephillim, who were got by holy Watcher angels marrying daughters of Adam and "going in to them", and by gene splicing, getting offspring with Adam flesh, but evil spirits of the fallen Watchers for that flesh, which is a total work of iniquity and forbidden by YHWH Elohym.

Also, Hades is a Hebrew word, coined to describe the place of judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah, just like "Babble" was coined to describe the judgment of the confounding of tongues sent on the race of Adam at the place where the rebels were trying to build a tower to God's gate "bab-el".

In the OT, A Place Called Hades: The Example of the Vengeance of Eternal Fire

quote me:
Quote:
In Jude we read that the the citizens of Sodom and the cities of the plain suffered the vengeance of eternal fire, as example -warning- to those who after would do such things as the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorra and the cities of the plain did do.

Gen 14:7 And they returned, and came to עין משפט `Eyn [sight/fountain] Mishpat [fromvindicate, punish=judgement], which [is] Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar. קדש Qadesh
Genesis 14:7 Greek to English Brenton translation:
And having turned back they came to the well of judgment; this is Cades, and they cut in pieces all the princes of Amalec, and the Amorites dwelling in Asasonthamar.

My NET copy of the Septuagint translates it "And after they had turned back, they turned to the spring of judgment (that is Kades).
Now the ק is the same English sound as hard "h" and "K".
The Vulgate translates it with a hard "C" "Cades".

Jude tells us, then, that vengeance of the eternal fire is the judgment that the sodomites and the chained angels suffer, as warnings to others not to do the same and so, suffer the same fate, in the end, as the warning shows will come to all who do such things.
Gen 19:24 Then YHWH rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from YHWH out of heaven;
Quote:
the etymology of qadesh -hades, the word meant male prostitute. The place came to be called hades after the destruction of Sodom, and is translated as "Sodomite" 5 times in the AV, and "unclean" 1 time. But the point of it becoming the name they called what the "fountain of judgment", or the place where the judgment was "seen" [by what was left] is the point that Jude makes in calling it "... the vengeance of eternal fire". Hades, then, in the place name in Sodom, after the judgment, came to mean the fire of eternal wrath.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So...your god created Satan, a purely evil being? Speaks volumes for the motivations of your deity. Either he made a mistake, or he meant to inflict terrible suffering on the world.
Yes, He made Satan to serve as the tempter, the tester, the prosecutor, and the one who gets the spoils of the fallen for his kingdom of darkness, to torment them forever as his food.
Satan gets the reward of his work -his wages, so to speak- and the more he gets the more satisfied he is; like Sheol smacking her lips over the souls she is fed by Destruction/Abbaddon -whose 'spiritual' consort she is.

But you see, no one is food for satan unless they reject the Light which is Christ, that lights every Adam/man that comes into the world, by their own freewill, after they come to the age of understanding good and evil and choose to seek after the darkness of evil and or to reject or neglect or deny the Light and not seek the Light.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 PM

The Book of Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam tells us where the demons come from, and when they will be removed from the earth, and that the satans are spirits in heaven:

The Book of Enoch
Enoch 15 And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: "Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice.
2And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: 'You should intercede for men, and not men for you: 3Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants as your sons?
4And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten children with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die and perish. 5Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth.
6But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world.
7And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.
8"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling.
9Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called.
10As for the spirits of heaven [the satans], in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth [the demons], on the earth shall be their dwelling.
11And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless hunger and thirst, and cause offences. 12And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."

16 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement— thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated.

The Abyss is a place called Chaos, in Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam's writing:
Quote:
10And beyond these mountains Is a region the end of the great earth: there the heavens were completed. 11And I saw a deep abyss, with columns of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth. 12And beyond that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of the heaven above, and no firmly founded earth beneath it: there was no water upon it, and no birds, but it was a waste and horrible place. 13I saw there seven stars like great burning mountains, and to me, when I inquired regarding them, The angel said: 14"This place is the end of heaven and earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. 15And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. 16And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated even for ten thousand years."
19 And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and their spirits [the demons they sired ] assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods, here shall they stand, till the day of the great judgement in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of. 2And the women also of the angels [the demon daughters they sired] who went astray shall become sirens."
3And I, Enoch, alone saw the vision, the ends of all things: and no man shall see as I have seen.
Quote:

21 And I proceeded to where things were chaotic. And I saw there something horrible: 2I saw neither a heaven above nor a firmly founded earth, but a place chaotic and horrible. 3And there I saw seven stars of the heaven bound together in it, like great mountains and burning with fire.
4Then I said: "For what sin are they bound, and on what account have they been cast in hither?"
5Then said Uriel, one of the holy angels, who was with me, and was chief over them, and said: "Enoch, why dost thou ask, and why art thou eager for the truth? 6These are of the number of the stars of heaven, which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and are bound here till ten thousand years, the time entailed by their sins, are consummated."

And from thence I went to another place, which was still more horrible than the former, and I saw a horrible thing: a great fire there which burnt and blazed, and the place was cleft as far as the abyss, being full of great descending columns of fire: neither its extent or magnitude could I see, nor could I conjecture. 8Then I said: "How fearful is the place and how terrible to look upon!"
9Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: "Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?"
And I answered: "Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain."
10And he said unto me: "This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever."
[quote]54 And I looked and turned to another part of the earth, and saw there a deep valley with burning fire. 2And they brought the kings and the mighty, and began to cast them into this deep valley. 3And there mine eyes saw how they made these their instruments, iron chains of immeasurable weight. 4And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: "For whom are these chains being prepared?"
5And he said unto me: "These are being prepared for the hosts of Azazel, so that they may take them and cast them into the abyss of complete condemnation, and they shall cover their jaws with rough stones as the Lord of Spirits commanded. 6And Michael, and Gabriel, and Raphael, and Phanuel shall take hold of them on that great day, and cast them on that day into the burning furnace, that the Lord of Spirits may take vengeance on them for their unrighteousness in becoming subject to Satan and leading astray those who dwell on the earth.[/QUOTE]

Enoch 10

9And to Gabriel said the Lord: "Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy the children of fornication and the children of the Watchers from amongst men: and cause them to go forth: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in battle: for length of days shall they not have. 10And no request that they i.e. their fathers make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and that each one of them will live five hundred years."
11And the Lord said unto Michael: "Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves with them in all their uncleanness. 12And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is for ever and ever is consummated. 13In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-22-2010 at 10:05 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
Do you mean Enoch the heretic?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Do you mean Enoch the heretic?
"Who" are you talking of who said "what" heresies -start another thread on him, whoever he is, and warn of his heresies.

Enoch the prophet the seventh from Adam is spoken of here.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
I speak of the website called "The Book of Enoch exposed" by David J Stewart.

It seems that the catholic church believed that the book of Enoch was inspired by the desolate one, that's why they won't except it as scripture.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I speak of the website called "The Book of Enoch exposed" by David J Stewart.

It seems that the catholic church believed that the book of Enoch was inspired by the desolate one, that's why they won't except it as scripture.
Why do you promote someone's opinion as if they are inspired? -and the Roman Catholic Church only followed the Christ rejecting Jews of the first century, when they "banned" enoch in the 4th century, which was a long time -hundreds of years- after NT Christians accepted Enoch as inspired [as Jesus did] and after many early Christians quoted it as Scripture, like Barnabas, a disciple of Christ who knew Him in person, and fellow companion called as an apostle to the Gentiles, along with Saul/Paul, in Antioch.

I have no idea what book the site "exposes", but I will be happy to take you on one on one, and not from others opinions cut and pasted, with many errors and falsehoods on purpose, about the writings of Enoch called 1 Enoch. Enoch is in the list of books collected [Bible means collection of books] by the Ethiopian church, where it has always been among the collection of books of that Church.
I am not Roman Catholic, are you? Rome does not and has never dictated my book collection, nor does the Archbishop of Canterbury, who banned the second canon list in the late 19th century, that they had formerly accepted for over two hundred years since the protestors broke from Rome.
I accept the apocrypha in my book collection that Rome accepted in the 4th century. Do you, or are you just following men who are fallible and changing with the wind on what is acceptable and or not, from what was written already, and accepted in the time of the NT Church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality