Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,990,854 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

Did you notice this little old question above ^ "How on earth can such ignorant people head a nation" ?

A Jolly Good Question Indeed. l

A chap doesn't have to spend much time on finding another example of the same so called ignorance !

Tisk !... Tisk !... Tisk ! ... Simply take an honest look at the "Nightmare" known as "The One" in D.C. and the answer is quite "Elementary My Dear Watson" !

How on Earth could the American People allow this same madness to happen to them !!!

Jolly Good Show ! What ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 04:23 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,623,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Who mocks theist?.. I mock the primitive religions that most theist follow. But somehow you are equating this to his bigotry.

"What if Tony Blair's message read like this: "Arguing that there was "no hope" from Jews who scorn Christ, he said the best way to confront the Jewish agenda was for all Christian denominations to unite against it." How hard would it be for people to recognize such a message as stupid, dangerous, and bigoted? Blair would probably be criticized quickly and strongly, but that's because people today can recognize anti-Semitic bigotry for what it is. People have a much harder time recognizing or even caring about anti-atheist bigotry -- and few seem to have any comprehension of the dangers in anti-secularist politics."

I guess these anti secularist want to return to one religion putting in laws forcing police officers to hunt down and jail those of a different faith, or *gasp* no faith, as the christian religion did in the early days in America before the constitution was put in place.

YouTube - The American Form of Government

If Blair is anti secularist, he is anti American, he is anti freedom from religion, he is, in my eyes, a mad man.

As for you GldnRule, you seem to want to run the world on mob rule, I warn you that in due time, muslims will out number christians, if your religion manages to get mob rule to be acceptable, you will be next on the list, after me and those like me have been crucified.
Plenty mock Theists...calling them "delusional", and much worse...even going so far as inventing childish Deities like FSM and IPUs to make fun of Belief.

You can substitute the label, "Mob Rule", for, "Of the People, By the People, and For the People--with decisions made on the basis of a majority of votes cast"...but that is just you playing "semantic cha-cha" and looking for the most negative sounding thing to call it.

While I fully agree that there is some reeeeeeeal "far-out" stuff people believe in (most common denominational religious dogma fits in this catagory)...I STILL hold that if they pose no potential REAL threat...they have every right to embrace their belief...as well as defending it and actively promoting it. No matter how "Twilight-Zone" it is!

I do have a problem with any person/group promoting their belief by insulting differing concepts, or those that hold them...or harassing others...and I do see a lot of that.

And, as I have said before...I have no problem with Non-Belief (Atheism)...and have many times stated my opinion that it makes waaaaaay more sense than a lot of what is out there.

Blair has his Theological Viewpoint...and I don't hold anything against him for trying to promote it. I also don't think he was implying that alternative viewpoints be proscribed in any formal or legal way...at least I hope not. But then, sometimes you just can't be sure what is REALLY going on in someones head!

What I thought of the job he did in office...weeeeeell, let's just say that's another thing, for a different forum.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:07 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,157,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Plenty mock Theists...calling them "delusional", and much worse...even going so far as inventing childish Deities like FSM and IPUs to make fun of Belief.

You can substitute the label, "Mob Rule", for, "Of the People, By the People, and For the People--with decisions made on the basis of a majority of votes cast"...but that is just you playing "semantic cha-cha" and looking for the most negative sounding thing to call it.

While I fully agree that there is some reeeeeeeal "far-out" stuff people believe in (most common denominational religious dogma fits in this catagory)...I STILL hold that if they pose no potential REAL threat...they have every right to embrace their belief...as well as defending it and actively promoting it. No matter how "Twilight-Zone" it is!

I do have a problem with any person/group promoting their belief by insulting differing concepts, or those that hold them...or harassing others...and I do see a lot of that.

And, as I have said before...I have no problem with Non-Belief (Atheism)...and have many times stated my opinion that it makes waaaaaay more sense than a lot of what is out there.

Blair has his Theological Viewpoint...and I don't hold anything against him for trying to promote it. I also don't think he was implying that alternative viewpoints be proscribed in any formal or legal way...at least I hope not. But then, sometimes you just can't be sure what is REALLY going on in someones head!

What I thought of the job he did in office...weeeeeell, let's just say that's another thing, for a different forum.
I still can't believe you are equating mocking with bigotry. Those deities are exact mirrors of the ones some theist believe. You can not expect us to just ignore such childish behavior.

By supporting mob rule, you doom us all to be slaves. "We are now forming a Republican form of government. Real Liberty is not found in the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments. If we incline too much to democracy, we shall soon shoot into a monarchy, or some other form of dictatorship."

I say again, he is against republic countries. Thus against equality and freedom. Pure democracy always leads to monarchy. History has shown this to be the case..

Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,393,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
secularism and atheism is the devil

More articulate words was never spoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality