Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Buddha is not a god. He even said so himself.
Neither is Jesus...He even said so himself...but that sure hasn't stopped anyone from claiming it...go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
That the bible is plagiarized is obvious by simply reading it and comparing to ancient texts (texts that are older than the bible).

Genesis 2:10 Now a river flowed in Eden to water the orchard, and there it divided into four headstreams. 2:11 The name of the first was Pishon; it ran through the entire land of Havilah, where there was gold. 2:12 (The gold of that land was pure; pearls and lapis lazuli were also there). 2:13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it runs through the entire land of Khush. 2:14 The name of the third river is Tigris; it runs to the east in Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.

The writer provides extremely detailed information about the Pishon, because at the time the writer wrote this (4000 BCE – 2000 BCE) the Pishon had been dead for several thousand years. The Pishon died around 7000 BCE about the same time that the Arabian Peninsula and the steppe lands of North Africa died and became desertified. The Pishon is the River Kuwait, which flowed from the Hijazz Mountains in present-day Saudi Arabia east where it merged with the River Euphrates in the present-day Basra Delta.

I think NASA still might have photos of the space shuttle mission which used ground-penetrating radar to locate the dead river.

The Gihon is the River Karun that flows northwest through the Zagros Mountains then south to the present-day Basra Delta. 14,000 years ago, the Karun merged with the Tigris. The writer and the target audience know where the “land of Khush” is, and, no, it isn’t Africa.

If the Tigris is to the east, then the writer must be located to the west of the Tigris.

The writer is sitting on the banks of the Euphrates. He doesn’t need to describe it for he, and his target audience know exactly where it is. He needs only mention the name of the river and that's why he does not provide detailed information about it.

That is a very ethnocentric view, and it is a world view that is centered in Sumer and Akkad.

Compare:

Exodus 10:8 Cush was the father of Nimrod; he began to be a valiant warrior on the earth. 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the Lord. (That is why it is said, “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the Lord.”) 10:10 The primary regions of his kingdom were Babel, Erech, Akkad, and Calneh in the land of Shinar. 10:11 From that land he went to Assyria, where he built Nineveh, Rehoboth-Ir, Calah, 10:12 and Resen, which is between Nineveh and the great city Calah.

(That is also a world view centered on Sumer and Akkad)

I Chronicles 1:8 The sons of Ham: Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. 1:9 The sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabta, Raamah, and Sabteca. The sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan. 1:10 Cush was the father of Nimrod, who established himself as a mighty warrior on earth.

There is no evidence whatsoever showing Nubians were ever in Asia Minor. The bolded text is a later insertion by the Hebrews, who were confused between Khush and Kush.

This is an excellent example of an orthographic error. Classical Biblical Hebrew has two sounds, "k" and "kh" and they are represented in the alphabet by a "backward 'C'" and a "backward 'C'" with a dot in the center of the 'C.'

The Khush (Kassites or Cassites) were destroyed by the Gutians circa 2500 BCE. There's no possible way a Hebrew could ever have met a Khusite, however the Nubians were known to the Hebrews.

What you have here is an Hebrew scribe copying the text and saying, "Well where is Khush?" and he thinks it's an orthorgraphic error and sticks a dot in the backward 'C' changing the word from Khush to Kush (and 'k' and 'c' are transliterated interchangeably just like 'k' and 'q' for Koran and Qu'ran)

The statement “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter…” is found repeatedly in Sumerian and Akkadian texts (but never in Egyptian texts). The statement, as it appears in dozens of Sumerian and Akkadian texts that pre-date the Old Testament by 1,000s of years, reads “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before Enlil.”

Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Neither is Jesus...He even said so himself...but that sure hasn't stopped anyone from claiming it...go figure.
And here is the bible verse where Jesus admits that he is not God.

Luke 18: 18-19
Quote:
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Translation: Don't call me "good", because God is the only one that deserves such a title; I am not God.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-02-2010 at 01:14 PM..

Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
You're joking right?????? Apparently you're having a reading comprehension problem...the things that were written in the bible were STOLEN/PLAGIARIZED from others sources that were written quite some time before the alleged "inspired" scripture was written....DID YOU MISS THAT???
Blind faith is a great excuse for ignorance.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Blind faith is a great excuse for ignorance.
Yes...I am just beginning to realize how blind that faith truly is.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Yes...I am just beginning to realize how blind that faith truly is.
It's just good old fashioned brainwashing. Think about it. If you subject a child to a social group that truly believes in a green sky, that child will grow up believing that the sky is really green (the "blue" that we see is just a trick of light).

This is what the church does to people (starting at a young age). An idea of an invisible "God" is pounded into one's head every Sunday morning for hours upon hours. It is accompanied by music, a dancing pastor, and the oldest members of one's family "acting stupid". A child that witnesses this for years has little chance of developing any rational thought when it comes to his/her religious brainwashing. As a result, the religion lives on.

Here is my personal example of how ignorant religion can be. My grandmother was a pastor down in South Carolina. She told me for years that I wasn't "saved" because I refused to drop down to my knees, bow my head, and talk to invisible people. My grandmother also told my mother that she did not believe in "mixing" because it is mentioned in the bible. By "mixing" she meant that she did not agree with me dating white girls (I am a black male). If anything, people like my grandmother were directly responsible for me dropping Christianity like a bad habit. These folks just made it too easy for me to walk away from their God. The funny thing about it was that my grandmother prayed to a picture of a "white Jesus" everyday (but I couldn't date white girls????) Whatever!!!

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-02-2010 at 01:43 PM..

Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
It's just good old fashioned brainwashing. Think about it. If you subject a child to a social group that truly believes in a green sky, that child will grow up believing that the sky is really green (the "blue" that we see is just a trick of light).

This is what the church does to people (starting at a young age). An idea of an invisible "God" is pounded into one's head every Sunday morning for hours upon hours. It is accompanied by music, a dancing pastor, and the oldest members of one's family "acting stupid". A child that witnesses this for years has little chance of developing any rational thought when it comes to his/her religious brainwashing. As a result, the religion lives on.

Here is my personal example of how ignorant religion can be. My grandmother was a pastor down in South Carolina. She told me for years that I wasn't "saved" because I refused to drop down to my knees, bow my head, and talk to invisible people. My grandmother also told my mother that she did not believe in "mixing" because it is mentioned in the bible. By "mixing" she meant that she did not agree with me dating white girls (I am a black male). If anything, people like my grandmother were directly responsible for me dropping Christianity like a bad habit. These folks just made it too easy for me to walk away from their God. The funny thing about it was that my grandmother prayed to a picture of a "white Jesus" everyday (but I couldn't date white girls????) Whatever!!!
That just goes to prove that even people in your own family can be the most asinine one's you encounter...I have had first hand experiences with that myself. BTW....that is hilarious that your Grandma was praying to a white Jesus and never even took that into consideration or gave it a thought because Jesus certainly wasn't no white man.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM

409 posts, read 399,440 times
Quote:
You're joking right?????? Apparently you're having a reading comprehension problem...the things that were written in the bible were STOLEN/PLAGIARIZED from others sources that were written quite some time before the alleged "inspired" scripture was written....DID YOU MISS THAT???
They "stole" from the scriptures. The Bible is the inspired word of God. It say's it right there in the Bible and God doesn't lie.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
They "stole" from the scriptures. The Bible is the inspired word of God. It say's it right there in the Bible and God doesn't lie.
No honey.....the scripture writers stole from them....and I don't give a rats butt what the bible says. Their documents are older and were around long before the scriptures were ever written...so stop this nonsense and don't force me to call you what I really think of you and your idiotic blind faith diatribe....you are truly embarrassing yourself.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:00 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
So I could write a book, say it is gods word and poof, it is true? LOL For all you know it was some dude just writing what he wanted. You don't even know for a fact WHO wrote it!! The writers CLEARLY plagiarized from earlier stories, it is just the indoctrinated that are blind to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality