Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:17 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
This is a result of man ignoring God. No doubt this picture comes from Africa. Many in Africa rejected the belief in living pure lives before the Lord. So numerous Africans have been sleeping around, and as a result have died of Aids. And as result of that, there are few left to watch over their children. Those who have rejected living pure lives are the real one's guilty of such a tragedy. And only those guilty of hypocrisy would dare to point their finger at God. Especially, when God already showed us how to avoid such a sickness.
Wow.

Campbell, you might be missing a few chromosomes... or 5...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 06:28 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
You'd think that a god, who was omnipotent and all-powerful, would have the capacity to let us know he existed... beyond just being "vague." If you are all-powerful, why be vague if people's lives and eternal souls depended on it? Why allow a 5 year old to be unmercifully raped and murdered if you were all-powerful? Oh, yes... because god works in "mysterious ways."

I bet every single one of us here would interfere if we saw a blatant injustice. But god doesn't interfere. Why? Because it doesn't exist in the way that we(or rather Christian believers) think.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
Why doesn't God just show himself? Darned if I know. I'm still wondering why He let 9/11 happen.

So many things about Him that baffle me to the point of anger/depression sometimes.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
rofl
I'm glad you found it amusing...laughter is one of the good things in life.

Mission accomplished!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 PM

465 posts, read 528,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I'm glad you found it amusing...laughter is one of the good things in life.

Mission accomplished!
yes your posts are hilarious!! whoohoo!!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Demand evidence? Are you kidding me? If they were so intelligent, why are they demanding proof of something they claim not to believe in?! You don't need to demand proof of something you clearly don't believe in!
Your comment is extremely illustrative of the mentality of your ilk.

To prove how absurd your comment is, in 1958 there were university geology professors who did not believe there were mountains in Antarctica. They demanded strict proof from those who believed mountains existed, and they got it when the USGSPS went to Antarctica, set up a radar on top of a glacier, and imaged the mountains underneath.

Even so, many geologists refused to believe, and demanded evidence that there were rivers and lakes under the glaciers in Antarctica. In the early 1990s when the space shuttle used ground penetrating radar to map the Earth, they got their evidence.

And there were biologists who refused to believe that life could exist in Antarctica, until they got their evidence in the late 1990s.

According to you, those scientists should not have demanded evidence, rather they just simply should have "believed."

You're the one claiming there is a god; and you're the one using your fantastical beliefs to coerce others into a certain political, social, economic and philosophical position and to adopt a "christian way of life" (which apparently is killing non-christians or non-white christians and stealing their resources).

If you want others to believe in your pipe dream, then you're going to have to prove it.

So now what?

Are you going to tell us that only Satan (snicker) would ask for proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893
Remember that on judgement day and repeat it to God.
There isn't going to be a judgement [sic] day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky

There are two things that makes the God debate most difficult.

Most religious beliefs are inherently structured in a way that makes them impossible to disprove.
That's what Writs of Habeas Corpus are for.

You just serve every church in the USA with a Writ of Habeas Corpus demanding that they provide the body of god and when they can't, you strip them of their rights, convert them from non-profit corporations to for profit corporations, require that all christians be licensed and open the doors for litigation, you know, if someone prays to win the lottery and doesn't, or someone prays to save the life of another and that person dies, they can sue the churches for malpractice.

And that'll be the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWaitToLeave
This reminds me of when the Pharisees asked Jesus to change the weather THEN they would believe Him. What did Jesus do? Nothing. Why? Because He had already healed people countless times, He had raised people from the dead, He has miraculously fed 5,000 people, etc... and yet, they still did not believe Him.
So the guy who helped humanity by changing water into wine at a wedding party couldn't even make it rain?

How pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett
I told you how to "find" God and explored the role of faith.
Okay, I'm looking out the window and I think I found god there on the sidewalk. Somebody stepped in him.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Oh, and BTW...the reason God doesn't "show Himself"---HE'S BUSY!
STOP PRESS!! News just in..........

OMNIMAX CREATOR AND CONTROLLER OF THE UNIVERSE UNABLE TO MULTI-TASK!!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:58 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
STOP PRESS!! News just in..........

OMNIMAX CREATOR AND CONTROLLER OF THE UNIVERSE UNABLE TO MULTI-TASK!!

Pretty good snark...not your best...but decent. LOL.

Actually, you already know my viewpoint on this---God is always "showing". Since God IS everything, how could He not be "showing himself"?

I know you would prefer something like looking up and seeing 10 dozen or so stars line up inside the Big Dipper to form the words "Peace and Love to All--GOD"...or have Him show up using Mt Everest as an armrest...but, I submit, He already shows himself in a fashion just as grand...some just fail to know what it really is they are looking at.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Campbell, you're a nasty piece of work man!
Some people consider the truth to be nasty. So often they avoid it, and then balme God for everything.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:17 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
You'd think that a god, who was omnipotent and all-powerful, would have the capacity to let us know he existed... beyond just being "vague." If you are all-powerful, why be vague if people's lives and eternal souls depended on it? Why allow a 5 year old to be unmercifully raped and murdered if you were all-powerful? Oh, yes... because god works in "mysterious ways."

I bet every single one of us here would interfere if we saw a blatant injustice. But god doesn't interfere. Why? Because it doesn't exist in the way that we(or rather Christian believers) think.

God reveals Himself to people who seek Him. Sadly, most of the world spend their life ignoring Him, or blaming Him. Most of the world blindly follow religion, or the traditions of men, yet never search for the real God. God allowed His own Son to be nailed to a cross, and did not interfere. God has given man free will, to choose to do good, or evil. In the end, all who love God will be with Him. All who choose evil will be found somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality