Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2010, 02:19 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times

Advertisements

According to CNN and the Associated Press, the Pope may intervene in the stoning death of a woman in Iran. It is not blatantly clear in what way he will be interfering aside from perhaps calling his kindred spirits in thuggery presiding over Iran to ask them to stop it via diplomatic channels. I'm going to put this very simply:

It's absolutely no secret that whether you believe in the Bible or not, there is a story in the Bible about Jesus actually stopping the death of a woman who was to be stoned. In fact, the famous parable "Let he who has committed no sin, cast the first stone" (and other similar variations) comes from that particular story. Whether you believe that actually happened or whether you believe it to be a mythological context makes no difference.

What is absolutely real is that Catholics look upon the Pope as the Vicar of Christ on Earth. Now, isn't this interesting? Here is a world-reknowned case for the Pope to show that he is something other than a progenitor of pedophilia. He could, oh so very easily, step in and at the very least, use his influence as the Vicar of Christ to at least resemble (in some form or fashion) his "Christ-like" ways. For one reason or another, there is hesitation which I simply do not understand.

In the story of Jesus stopping the stoning death, I don't believe Jesus had any hesitation whatsoever. He didn't care what the public thought or how it might be viewed. He simply uttered the words... Looks like today's Vicar of Christ is thus far falling very short. If he does not intervene in this brutal and nasty stoning death, not only should it reaffirm our opinion of him as a pathetic Pope wrapped up in the intricacies of making himself look good but it should also confirm to nearly everyone that he is most certainly not any sort of Christly Vicar.

I think it's very simple. The Pope should step up if he wants to maintain any sense of decency in how people view him. His hesitation alone is pathetic and certainly not anything resemblant of what I imagine the Vicar of Christ would be like.

Pope monitoring Iranian woman sentenced to stoning death, Vatican says - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
According to CNN and the Associated Press, the Pope may intervene in the stoning death of a woman in Iran. It is not blatantly clear in what way he will be interfering aside from perhaps calling his kindred spirits in thuggery presiding over Iran to ask them to stop it via diplomatic channels. I'm going to put this very simply:

It's absolutely no secret that whether you believe in the Bible or not, there is a story in the Bible about Jesus actually stopping the death of a woman who was to be stoned. In fact, the famous parable "Let he who has committed no sin, cast the first stone" (and other similar variations) comes from that particular story. Whether you believe that actually happened or whether you believe it to be a mythological context makes no difference.

What is absolutely real is that Catholics look upon the Pope as the Vicar of Christ on Earth. Now, isn't this interesting? Here is a world-reknowned case for the Pope to show that he is something other than a progenitor of pedophilia. He could, oh so very easily, step in and at the very least, use his influence as the Vicar of Christ to at least resemble (in some form or fashion) his "Christ-like" ways. For one reason or another, there is hesitation which I simply do not understand.

In the story of Jesus stopping the stoning death, I don't believe Jesus had any hesitation whatsoever. He didn't care what the public thought or how it might be viewed. He simply uttered the words... Looks like today's Vicar of Christ is thus far falling very short. If he does not intervene in this brutal and nasty stoning death, not only should it reaffirm our opinion of him as a pathetic Pope wrapped up in the intricacies of making himself look good but it should also confirm to nearly everyone that he is most certainly not any sort of Christly Vicar.

I think it's very simple. The Pope should step up if he wants to maintain any sense of decency in how people view him. His hesitation alone is pathetic and certainly not anything resemblant of what I imagine the Vicar of Christ would be like.

Pope monitoring Iranian woman sentenced to stoning death, Vatican says - CNN.com

Dang Troop!!!!!! Sugar Coatin' it again, ain't ya!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:03 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
"Pope Benedict XVI, monitoring the case of an Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning, has contacted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and gave his opinion that the practice of stoning is considered barbaric by Western standards. "We instead recommend burning at the stake, a method we often used in earlier times," wrote the Pope. "It's much easier to clean up afterwards."'
"Stoning is Barbaric!" says Pope (http://www.spooftimes.com/(X(1)A(w_zVrh6FywEkAAAAYTFiYzliMzgtZmFhYy00NjIzLWF iODAtZjQ4Y2E4MjgzNThlJVLsaBt_p9tJK4ZwKHuK_vxttSQ1) )/NewsDetail.aspx?articleId=446d3b48-67df-4aa3-899b-d9f51f3d9381 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality