U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
sun sun started this thread

683 posts, read 1,516,730 times

Advertisements

Some are from an apparition site:

Real Photographs of Jesus and Mary Collected from the Web

Click on the links to the rose petal photos near the bottom of the page.

Texas Parishioners See Jesus Image at Alter

FarShores ParaDimensions News: Texas Parishoners See Jesus Image At Alter

Last edited by sun; 06-29-2007 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 AM

7,917 posts, read 11,599,815 times
Sun, I hate to say it but these are just photo manipulations and double exposures. There's a program called PhotoShop that allows you to do all kinds of things with photos including merging parts of various photos into one. That's what these are I'm afraid.
Edit: I just noticed that a few of the photos are exactly the same although they claim to be from different people at different places. I also see one of them has been reversed but it's still the same image that's from another source.

Last edited by MontanaGuy; 06-29-2007 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: adding more info

Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 AM
sun sun started this thread

683 posts, read 1,516,730 times
You may very well be correct, but at the bottom of the page there are many links to authentic websites around the world, with many various pictures and video, as well as descriptions of testimonies by multitudes of people.
I guess the point is that when an apparition occurs and is witnessed by many, people are admittedly skeptical, but that doesn't mean that the event didn't legitimately happen.
The Bible is filled with apparitions, many with even less eyewitness accountings, yet they are rightfully accepted by the faithful.
Doesn't evidence of modern apparitions deserve some recognition and objective scrutiny? Is it that easy to just dismiss the possibly legimate modern apparitions?
If God's works are truely endless, then it would follow that at least some apparitions are quite possibly legimate signs from God to His followers.

I didn't intend to post hoaxes, but here's an interesting link from the bottom of the original webpage, and there are some others. Maybe some individual digging is necessary to find legitimate facts just like with the Bible itself.
Because of the voluminous number of websites and evidence, I would certainly welcome others to post photos of apparitions and any related details & observations from eyewitnesses.

http://jesusphotos.altervista.org/Apparition_in_Zeitun.gif (broken link)

Our Lady of Zeitun Online - The Holy Bible Web Site @ Zeitun-eg.org

Messages from Heaven - the Apparitions of the Virgin Mary - Listing of Sites

Fatima - Miracle of the Sun - exclusive photo!

Pam Clark Prophetic Ministries - Holy Ghost Fire Picture

Last edited by sun; 06-29-2007 at 11:44 AM..

Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 PM

7,917 posts, read 11,599,815 times
sun wrote:
Quote:
Doesn't evidence of modern apparitions deserve some recognition and objective scrutiny?
Sure, I don't think it would be fair to just dismiss anything without taking a look at it. I just don't think you'll find anything that's going to be legitimate. The problem with the internet is that reputable information is mixed in with all of the nonsense so you really have to do some digging to find something that's real. Anyway, it's not your fault that people will put a hoax on the internet.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM

743 posts, read 1,554,014 times
The Catholic church goes through an extensive process (usually taking many many years) using secular scientists, investigators and the such when dealing w/ alleged apparitions. After a very comprehensive investigation, some appartitions have been approved of by the church.

Some ones I'm familiar w/ and know more about are the apparitions of the following (very brief explanations):

Our lady of Fatima in 1917

Mary appears to three children in Fatima, Portugal on the 13th of the month;
relays messages about prayer and fasting; consecration of Russia to Immacualte Heart of Mary; miracle of the sun (downpour of rain, immediate drying while sun "spins"....witnesse by thousands)

Our Lady of Guadelupe, Mexico 1500s

Mary appeared to Juan Diego to announce there is one, true God. Basic message was to end infant sacrifice to the "gods". Juan Diego collected roses in his tilma and when released the image of Mary was on the tilma. It has been examined by scientists and is visible in the Bascilica in Mexico today.

Our Lady of Lourdes, France

Mary appeared to Bernadette; message re immaculate conception; said it would be a healing place for many; a church built over natural springs where millions of pilgrims coming w/ thousands of stories of physical healings in the springs

Our Lady of Medjugordge, Yugoslavia, 1980s (not officially approved by the church, but evidence that it may be)

Mary appearing to several children; message of peace (Mir), prayer, fasting, conversion and turning towards God. I've actually been there and experienced many supernatual events.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 PM

3,620 posts, read 4,233,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
The Catholic church goes through an extensive process (usually taking many many years) using secular scientists, investigators and the such when dealing w/ alleged apparitions. After a very comprehensive investigation, some appartitions have been approved of by the church.
Approved by the catholic church.. well it must be true then.
Key observation: You can definately tell that Mary is NOT a virgin from the look in her eye

Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,622,542 times
I take no stock in any of this. Yeshua came He died for us, He need not appear in the sky to convince us He is real.
His earthly mother is a child of God and there is no reason for her to appear, she is worshiping at His feet forever.
Besides that we have no idea what Yeshua looks like, so why on earth would anyone take any stock in them?
2 Corinthians 11:
14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Thessalonians 2:
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

John 20:
29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We have no idea if those photos are real who those beings are!

MBG

Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM

1,198 posts, read 392,045 times
I don't know. I've always been a skeptic when it came to photos about Jesus and the Virgin Mary. I don't know to really believe it or not.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:33 PM

3,490 posts, read 329,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
I take no stock in any of this. Yeshua came He died for us, He need not appear in the sky to convince us He is real.
His earthly mother is a child of God and there is no reason for her to appear, she is worshiping at His feet forever.
Besides that we have no idea what Yeshua looks like, so why on earth would anyone take any stock in them?
2 Corinthians 11:
14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Thessalonians 2:
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

John 20:
29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We have no idea if those photos are real who those beings are!

MBG
Shockingly , I agree with your last statement--indeed, who knows?

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Who says he need not appear to convince us? Billions of people would probably disagree! I myself believe without seeing, but your statement makes it seem like it should be just as easy for everyone. Globally, regardless of culture or other faiths, they should see it just as clearly as you. That simply isn't the case!

Old 06-29-2007, 03:20 PM

12,393 posts, read 14,946,513 times
IMO
I am pretty sure that when Jesus said there would be no signs he probably was also referring to images in clouds and trick photography..IMO when Jesus does reveal himself in the clouds, we will all see him at the same time . IMO, the only way God shows himself to us is through prayer and his words in the bible., and through his wonderous creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality