Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!
Because it is not their BIBLE being burned. At least that is what my neighbor said as to why he doesn't care.

Last edited by Nea1; 09-09-2010 at 10:44 AM..

Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nea1 View Post
because it is not their bible being burned. Atleast that is what my neighbor said.
huh?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
huh?
They are not denouncing it because it is not their bible being burned. Wait till Muslims burn the Bible, you will see some serious protesting!!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
WHERE do you all get the notion that no Christians are denouncing this? WHY do you keep saying this?

Quran-Burning Pastor's Former German Church Denounces Him: He's 'Violent And Fanatical'

Plenty more where that came from. It's as simple as Google, and LO! The whole point of the thread comes undone. The Vatican denounces... countless small churches in America are denouncing... several MAJOR churches in America and worldwide are denouncing...

You folks just can't see it because eyes half-closed in anger only see half as much, if anything at all.

By golly... I'm not even Christian, let alone a prophet, and it's as though I just parted the Red Sea of Idiocy!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They are not denouncing it because it is not their bible being burned. Wait till Muslims burn the Bible, you will see some serious protesting!!
ahhh
ok, gotcha,
sorry, sometimes ya gotta draw me pictures....

Old 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
WHERE do you all get the notion that no Christians are denouncing this? WHY do you keep saying this?

Quran-Burning Pastor's Former German Church Denounces Him: He's 'Violent And Fanatical'

Plenty more where that came from. It's as simple as Google, and LO! The whole point of the thread comes undone. The Vatican denounces... countless small churches in America are denouncing... several MAJOR churches in America and worldwide are denouncing...

You folks just can't see it because eyes half-closed in anger only see half as much, if anything at all.

By golly... I'm not even Christian, let alone a prophet, and it's as though I just parted the Red Sea of Idiocy!
Your google search was posted today, the 9th..as of yesterday, I don't believe many Christains had much to say...so, now the media is gaining access to this nuts background and found he was associated with another church in his past.....big deal?
I'm still waiting to see if Washington calls him...and yeah, today, a bunch of churches are finally coming forth, besides the Vatican...yesterday, it was only the Vatican

and more to come....

do don't flatter yourself...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Your google search was posted today, the 9th..as of yesterday, I don't believe many Christains had much to say...so, now the media is gaining access to this nuts background and found he was associated with another church in his past.....big deal?
I'm still waiting to see if Washington calls him...and yeah, today, a bunch of churches are finally coming forth, besides the Vatican...yesterday, it was only the Vatican

and more to come....

do don't flatter yourself...

Which means "I didn't LOOK yesterday because it's more fun to scream and do my own denouncing", also known as "nobody bothered to post a link and call me on it yesterday".

You don't believe as of yesterday MANY Christians had much to say? No, couldn't be that the media draws a bigger circus from everybody if they just let it lie low... naw, not that...

I don't flatter myself, BTW. Trust me, calling idiots where it's due isn't all that much of a job, other than coping with the sweeping numbers game.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Which means "I didn't LOOK yesterday because it's more fun to scream and do my own denouncing", also known as "nobody bothered to post a link and call me on it yesterday".

You don't believe as of yesterday MANY Christians had much to say? No, couldn't be that the media draws a bigger circus from everybody if they just let it lie low... naw, not that...

I don't flatter myself, BTW. Trust me, calling idiots where it's due isn't all that much of a job, other than coping with the sweeping numbers game.
Geeze, well I'll call you next time...

sheesh
you are one angry dude

Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Geeze, well I'll call you next time...

sheesh
you are one angry dude

And there it is:

The outcry against alleged Christian insincerity, the denigration of alleged Christian hypocrisy, repeating things with the undertone being one of developed and all-encompassing Christian untrustworthiness over the actions of a comparative FEW -- seriously, did you NOT read your own thread? -- and the flippant remark that I need not flatter myself, but as soon as you're busted, called on your own noise, well sheesh, whoa there, lighten up, fella -- I mean WOW, what's the big deal...?

Textbook.

People SAY whatever the hell they want, the caveat being that nobody is supposed to call them on it or throw the [mos] deleted [/mod] flag. Verbal bullying (whoever can scream the loudest wins) is all it amounts to, and remember, folks:

Bullies DON'T want to fight you, they only want to beat you up.

I'm not angry; I'm disgusted.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-09-2010 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:12 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
But what is the bigger issue - that some people are being jerks, or that society has accepted that a violent backlash is a totally natural and legitimate response to offending Islam?
I do think that is a bigger issue, I just don't feel every provocation on Islam must be defended because of it. I mean this guy is certainly no friend to you. He's militantly anti-gay, presumably anti-secular, and opposes Islam for purely religious reasons. This issue wasn't about writing a book against Islam or delivering a speech or even doing a painting. Book-burning and destroying things are just not the same.

Although it's moot because it's not happening now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality