U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,150,073 times

Advertisements

I just tell them I am a Christian.

You'd be surprised how effective that is-esp when it comes to JWs. They actually put you on a "do not call" list.

(and yes, I don't care for the JW or Mormon door knockers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 10:33 PM

4,144 posts, read 5,109,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I'm much happier to see the Tupperware lady than I am a bible-thumper. At least Tupperware is useful!
Plus you don't have to get on your knees and grovel or worship tupperware. You also don't have pray to tupperware.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,556,449 times
The last time the JW's showed at my house was when my son was less than 6 mos old. He had colic. We frequently were up all night with a screaming baby who couldn't be comforted. They showed up one Saturday at 8am. We were just going to bed as he finally got to sleep. They RING the stupid DOORBELL early on a Saturday morning. I answered the door as my son woke up crying loudly, and I was frazled and my husband was upset.

I told them I wasn't Christian, didn't want to talk to them, and had been up all night with a sick kid (who was screaming out his outrage at being awakened) and they shoudl not every darken my door again. I guess it worked since they didn't.

I don't like evangelical acts of any church or faith, since its up to us to look and choose. I'm quite happy with the Mother and She doesn't want us to sell our faith unless someone is looking and asks. But knocking on someone's door is not cool at all. Especially on Saturday morning.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,461,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The last time the JW's showed at my house was when my son was less than 6 mos old. He had colic. We frequently were up all night with a screaming baby who couldn't be comforted. They showed up one Saturday at 8am. We were just going to bed as he finally got to sleep. They RING the stupid DOORBELL early on a Saturday morning. I answered the door as my son woke up crying loudly, and I was frazled and my husband was upset.

I told them I wasn't Christian, didn't want to talk to them, and had been up all night with a sick kid (who was screaming out his outrage at being awakened) and they shoudl not every darken my door again. I guess it worked since they didn't.

I don't like evangelical acts of any church or faith, since its up to us to look and choose. I'm quite happy with the Mother and She doesn't want us to sell our faith unless someone is looking and asks. But knocking on someone's door is not cool at all. Especially on Saturday morning.
I'm surprised they didn't offer to "faith-heal" your kid.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,899,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

The Jehovas always come on Saturday, never any other day it seems.

8 is really early tho, they usually descend upon my neighborhood around noon.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 AM

19,121 posts, read 26,694,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Nice to know, I was getting ready to go tape one to the door, and I donít need to give them any encouragement or a challenge.
That's why I don't tell them I'm an Atheist, or Pagan, Or Wicca, or a Devil worshipper etc. At first their faces were funny, but then they started showing up 3 or 4 times a week.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 898 times
Have any apartment communities put up a sign specifically banning promotion, proselytizing or canvassing by representatives of a religious denomination, after residents petitioned the management to do so?

Have any cities or counties made apartment-community "No Soliciting" signs be interpreted as including religious promoters or proselytizers, due to petitioning by citizens?

Michael500

Old 02-01-2015, 05:09 PM

2,836 posts, read 2,756,666 times
I usually answer the door stark naked, I am not kidding... It's been a while since I have had them come to my door because I live in a remote area. If I do ever move back into a more populated area, I plan to continue doing this. They leave very quickly as no one wants to see a naked man of my stature. It's my house and I like to be naked in it Works every time.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:38 AM

123 posts, read 249,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I usually answer the door stark naked, I am not kidding... It's been a while since I have had them come to my door because I live in a remote area. If I do ever move back into a more populated area, I plan to continue doing this. They leave very quickly as no one wants to see a naked man of my stature. It's my house and I like to be naked in it Works every time.
HaHa, that's funny, Not sure I have the BALLS! to try that one...LOL.....

Old 02-02-2015, 10:59 AM

14,382 posts, read 9,085,862 times
I don't mind a good debate but there is a time & place for it. Which is why I like coming on here from time to time. I do miss at times them coming to the house but we live so far off the road that they can't see the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or