Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post

There was a much-repeated quotation in my old church: "Some people are so heavenly-minded that they're no earthly good." This was probably the most honest statement made there! But they didn't act or teach like the saying would indicate. They talked often about their goal being heaven.

While I am a believer, heaven is not a main goal for me. I am not even sure what heaven is all about biblically. What I have not read in the Bible is that at the end of the age, every believer will go there. I think this is assumed from misreading the Scriptures over many, many centuries.

G-d put us on the earth to live here, not to live for pie in the sky by and by. And while I recognize that this is a derrogatory statement for some, seriously, we need to have earthly goals rather than just the selfish "I gotta make it to heaven" theme.

While I believe that people who have died as believers are with the L-rd, and since the L-rd, it says in the Bible, is in heaven, then that is logically where they are.

But there's the song, "Everybody talkin' 'bout heaven ain't going' there." Just a song -- a spiritual -- but true, as proven by the scriptures re the sheep and the goats. My goal on this earth is mainly to be a sheep (as horrible as that may look to the atheists!) and do what those sheep in the Scriptures do:

YouTube - Keith Green - The Sheep And The Goats (live)

KEITH GREEN - THE SHEEP AND THE GOATS LYRICS

And I do such a poor job of it.
You speak so wisely my friend.

Amen!
Tried to rep you but couldn't...so here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Amen!
Tried to rep you but couldn't...so here...
Hee-hee! I feel SO repped!!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 PM

44 posts, read 57,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ooo........

Somebody needs a hug this morning.

That is so funny! Best laugh of the day.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:55 PM

44 posts, read 57,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Since you asked if I had to guess I would say its in another dimension but then again no one is going to ever figure out the answer to this. Those who do know are not coming back to tell us. All we can do is guess.
What I don't understand is why is everyone name calling and being so nasty to each other on this thread?

He warned us.....

Matthew 24:9-13 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 AM

7 posts, read 6,292 times
Where is Heaven...?

IN US! Our Inner we'll be the Heaven - if we deserved it.

Some paralels: It's said by the

TRUE inner-christians (gnostics, mystics, like Swedenborg, genious rosicrucians like Jakob Böhme, Angelus Silesius, etc.)

Sufi, (Rumi, Suhrawardí),

Taoists. Etc.

You need more proof...? Prove it!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Since you asked if I had to guess I would say its in another dimension but then again no one is going to ever figure out the answer to this. Those who do know are not coming back to tell us. All we can do is guess.
What I don't understand is why is everyone name calling and being so nasty to each other on this thread?
Actually, they are coming back to tell us. No one is listening though. Fear is the darkest attribute that is carried by many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality