Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I don't believe that God speaks to anyone audibly. If they are hearing voices, it's not God. It is grandiose thinking (like some of the evangelists claim), insanity and probably satan. It is with the heart and soul that God speaks these days because we know all there is to know about why He spoke audibly in Biblical days. A shepherd cannot round up his sheep without audible direction, but then through learned behavior (and possibly a border collie) they automatically know they need to be part of the herd.

Of course, there's always that black sheep who goes astray.
I'd have to disagree with you on this one, Northsouth.

One of the things that distinguishes Christianity from other religions is the fact that we CAN have a personal relationship with God.

He is not some distant, far off force. He is our Heavenly Father who needs to hear from us, and responds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
I have a lot to learn in this area, but here's what I think (so far):
There are indeed some who hear God's audible voice, although judging from the replies on this forum I think that tends to be quite rare. More often than not, for the rest of us, God's voice is a still quiet voice. What is a "still quiet voice"? It is a voice, more closely defined as a "thought", that comes from your own spirit, that you become conscious of. Here's an example:

YouTube - Hearing God

So how does one seperate God's voice from all the other voices (thoughts that pop into our consciousness)? Obviously, if it says something contrary to the Bible, or to do something illegal, then it isn't God. Apart from that I just don't know. For example, if we have 10,000 thoughts in the course of a normal day, how does God make us aware of that ONE in 10,000 that comes from Him? Hmmm....

Bud

Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Default God does speak....

but not in audible terms to me. However I'm not about to put boundries on God's abilities... after all He did speak to many in audible terms. Saul (became Paul after conversion) who was on the way to Damascus, is a good example of a non believer being spoke to, in audible terms.

I do believe that if you are called to "service" as Paul was, there is a stronger level of communication from God.

He doesn't usually give winning lottery numbers!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,518 times
Default Hearing God's voice

I have been shown, through divine revelation, something incredible.
Take a look...
http://www.theilluminated (broken link) mind.com

Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 PM

22,171 posts, read 19,217,049 times
God is alive and well and speaks to each and every one of us. We have a choice whether or not to listen, whether or not to hear. The voice God speaks to us is the still small voice within, not an audible radio broadcast talking voice. God also speaks to us through other ways that include other people, songs on the radio, articles I read, poems, books, art i make, art i view, viewing animals in the wild, finding a rock on the beach. The still small voice within is like that of my intuition speaking to me.

If God wants to get a message to me many ways are available to god, and god knows me well, so uses those that are individual and personal and meaningful to me.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:18 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,531 times

What do i think? dorado asks. Well, i think that you have a few (erroneous) assumptions and misunderstandings about "the voice of God" and also about "mere" meditation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jesus meditating.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	16744

Old 11-18-2019, 02:24 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is Gods voice clear and distinctive to man? By clear and dinstintively, I mean audibly in each persons ear, liken to the manner in which God spoke audibly or clearly to Moses, Muhammad, Jacob, Jesus and the others. Now, there are some who say Gods voice was audible and others who say Gods voice was not. Either way, be it by "opening their ears" or by an audible voice, God spoke clearly to each of them, and as a result, each heard and acted on Gods behalf. In contrast, the rest of mankind is left to either meditate, "tune into the Spirit", or read ancient religious books such as the Bible or Quran, whichever you choose, to hear Gods voice. This later method of "hearing Gods voice", has led many to hear the wrong voice or voices; and that sometimes resulted in atrocities, destruction and other unsavory actions "In the name of God".

There are some who do not understand or accept that God would permit man to "hear his voice," based upon mans own mental thought processes, interpretation or adherance to ancient religious beliefs or books.
Many of this position believe that God could easily make the world a much better place, if God spoke audibly, distinctively, or clearly to mankind. And by speaking in such a manner to man, God would take away mans doubt, his theories, and his arguements about Gods existance or non-existance.

What do you think?

Telepathy. God's mind connecting to your mind. Billions of people report meeting beings from out of this world (Angels) & they generally all spoke clearly & were heard perfectly, but generally their lips did not move. It was all done with telepathy.

One Angel told a woman to stop thinking so much so that there would be room in her mind for it to send messages to her.

I was taught to clear the mind so that messages could reach it from the spiritual side, & when i did that i was suddenly contacted by The Angel of God one day, & it trained me in spiritual matters.

When people go into the wilderness alone, like Moses & all the others did, their mind becomes clear & that's all it takes for God to be able to speak to them. Millions of people know God this way & they find that God does perform miracles in their life, & comforts & strengthens them as they face life's challenges.

The Book of Job describes how Satan's place is on the earth causing all kinds of chaos for everyone. This keeps the world's mind away from God & gives the world a sense of free will to do as they please. It's all an illusion because God really does exist & watches us all as we deal with Satan's Godless realm.

So God can't just start speaking loudly for everyone to hear because that would end Satan's reign here & no one would be free to sin anymore

God tells me, & I've seen many reports of God telling other people the same thing, that 'The earth is a school where all souls are brought to learn about good & evil, & it is controlled by The Negative One (Satan).

God says this earth is a level of Hell, a shelf in Hell

There is soo much God will tell you when you open your mind, & clear your mind, for God. It's like connecting a computer to the internet for the first time in your life, & suddenly you have access to an infinite amount of data that you never knew existed. Your mind & consciousness expands & you become enlightened.

Sometimes God speaks very loudly & is heard by others. But generally God speaks with extremely powerful telepathy.

I would not have believed it if it did not happen to me as well. So I suggest that everyone get to know God & clear their mind so that God can speak telepathically to them.

They will all discover that God has always been watching them throughout life & knows them better than they do.

And God will also tell you the future every day! So you will know what is going to happen & will be much safer

Old 11-18-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeLynn25 View Post
At times its hard to distinguish where the voices are coming from. Satan will disguise himself as "the light" to try and manipulate beleivers. Alot of it is common sense on trying to figure out where this information is coming from. It took me alot of practice to finally be able to listen to the voice of God and him only!
Yes Jesus met Satan first, & Satan talked to Him & tried to get Him to do all kinds of stupid things. Then when Jesus said 'no' the devil went away & God's Angels appeared.

So your ability to know right from wrong must always be used to distinguish between the devil's words & God's words. Satan will manifest in the same way God manifests & you will think it is God talking to you. But as soon as he tells you to do something that you know is wrong then you know for sure that he is satan & not God. So mindless blind obedience to The Voice of God" is wrong & you must always choose for yourself whether obeying the voice is wise or stupid. Because it very well could be Satan talking to you instead.

So don't give up a lifetime of knowing God in person, simply because you know Satan is going to show up at times as well. No. Just get familiar with both God & Satan's words so that you know how to tell the difference between the two when they are speaking to you.

And ignore all people who say God & satan are not true. Such people's words are hysterical & blind & will keep you in the dark

Old 11-18-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
My mom was sleeping one night as usual, but around 12:00 or 1:00 AM she woke up to a loud voice, it said "Go check on your oldest child" but she figured it was just in her head, she rolled over and tryed to go back to sleep, but she again heard the voice, quite loud say "Go check on your son" so she got up, went down the stairs, went into my older brother's room, and sure enough he had somehow gotten his head stuck between the matress and the bed, this could have killed him had he stayed like that 'till morning. Needless to say she got his head out and he's still alive to this day, but I find that story pretty hard to explain in medical/scientific terms, she had never heard voices before in her life and hasn't heard any since.

So is the voice of God audible? Sure, if he wants it to be. But I think God is perfectly capable of speaking only to our minds if he wants to, and that seems to be what he prefers. God speaks all languages with absolute perfection. If he speaks audibly I think that it can only be heard by the person he is talking to, and no, you probably couldn't tape record it.

The exact same thing happened in our family. God spoke loudly & it saved a child's life.

On this website a few days ago someone said that God had spoken loud & clear to him 3 times in his life, & saved his life each time. The atheists mocked him & he went away saying that they would mock Christ as well if Christ came here

Old 11-18-2019, 03:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is Gods voice clear and distinctive to man? By clear and dinstintively, I mean audibly in each persons ear, liken to the manner in which God spoke audibly or clearly to Moses, Muhammad, Jacob, Jesus and the others. Now, there are some who say Gods voice was audible and others who say Gods voice was not. Either way, be it by "opening their ears" or by an audible voice, God spoke clearly to each of them, and as a result, each heard and acted on Gods behalf. In contrast, the rest of mankind is left to either meditate, "tune into the Spirit", or read ancient religious books such as the Bible or Quran, whichever you choose, to hear Gods voice. This later method of "hearing Gods voice", has led many to hear the wrong voice or voices; and that sometimes resulted in atrocities, destruction and other unsavory actions "In the name of God".

There are some who do not understand or accept that God would permit man to "hear his voice," based upon mans own mental thought processes, interpretation or adherance to ancient religious beliefs or books.
Many of this position believe that God could easily make the world a much better place, if God spoke audibly, distinctively, or clearly to mankind. And by speaking in such a manner to man, God would take away mans doubt, his theories, and his arguements about Gods existance or non-existance.

What do you think?

I DO believe that God can, and often DOES speak plainly to individuals. I believe it's happened to me 3 times.

Here's the thing though...even when God speaks to us...we can and sometimes do, choose to ignore it. BECAUSE we have free will. I think it's ALWAYS to our detriment if we ignore it...but God doesn't force us to do much at all.

I think about the Pharaoh ...how many times was he shown the power of God, and yet he chose to ignore it over and over...until he lost his beloved first born son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality