Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM

56 posts, read 78,384 times

Advertisements

an answer to your second question might be found here
YouTube - TryNoRaceX's Channel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM

17 posts, read 19,686 times
Here you go

what came first chicken or egg the chicken did - Google Search=

Bottom line is according to God he made the chicken first...I am not one to argue with God, but you can if you want.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Why are you trying to hijack this thread! It's a fun thread! I think we just need to agree to disagree and move on. Since none of us were actually there to see for ourselves whether the chicken or the egg came first - I say we just agree to disagree and move on! Why poop on the party!
Just showing that life unanswered questions are really not unanswered if one knows God and His word. That is because God's wisdom is greater than man's.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
What about all the other animals and reptiles and birds that lay eggs? Clearly the article says only a protein only found in chickens. hhmmmm, not true, unless we are talking only chicken eggs, then yes only chickens can lay them. They evolved millions of years ago from other animals. Your 6000 year timeline is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...nundrum-solved

Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans View Post
Just showing that life unanswered questions are really not unanswered if one knows God and His word. That is because God's wisdom is greater than man's.
Guess not since man created gods.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Who did it, a bunch of plagiarizers trying to explain their world and answer questions. It was then used to instill fear in the people, to control and power to the later church.

You are going by the bible as to who wrote it, no proof of any of the bible being true, other than a few places.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm sorry but none of that made any sense

Old 09-21-2010, 04:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
OMG! And I felt bad (age-wise) for mentioning Dallas!

" aired for three seasons on the CBS network, from September 26, 1964, to September 4, 1967"
Gilligan's Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thirteen seasons from 1978 through 1991. Dallas
Dallas (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can't believe Gilligan's Island was only on for 3 years! And what's even more interesting to me is that I've probably seen every episode even though it aired years before I was born. However, I was alive during Dallas - although it started when I was 2, and I don't believe I've seen any episodes of that. I do remember the whole - Who shot JR thing - but that's all I remember about that show.
I aske my husband if I was more like Ginger or MaryAnn - and he said neither because they were both dumb. Hahaha! I know he was just being funny but it made me laugh!

Speaking of questions - How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? Anyone here remember that?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What about all the other animals and reptiles and birds that lay eggs? Clearly the article says only a protein only found in chickens. hhmmmm, not true, unless we are talking only chicken eggs, then yes only chickens can lay them. They evolved millions of years ago from other animals. Your 6000 year timeline is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off!!

Scientists say the chicken came first - but they're just eggheads | Science | The Observer
I already answered the question for him. He just didn't like it. I even told him where the egg came from, then his eyes glazed over. Besides we didn't need to be there to know all this. We got fossils and the history is written in the geologic record.

Last edited by PanTerra; 09-21-2010 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Jeeves left one of the great posers off the list:

Pepsi or Coke?
(C) none of the above, ----Cheerwine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality