Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Again, I don't believe in a mythological Greek hell.

Light/love

Untether from light/love=Darkness

It wouldn't matter how much knowledge you received, if you did not have love, you would have nothing.
Love is something shared. If it is not reciprocated then it has no value except for the ego of the one giving it and that is self serving.

It must have loving actions attached.

For example, it is said by Jesus that like him and God, we are to love the sinner and hate the sin.

That would mean that God would kill the sin and not the sinner yet all over the O T He kills sinners.

Is that an expression of love. No. So even God cannot follow His own rule.

Regards
DL

Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I believe this is the first lesson on "fear". They were just pawns for the "fear" lesson. It did seem to work I must say.......................................>>
To have someone do something out of fear means that they will likely not learn to do it out of love.
Think aberrant conditioning.

Regards
DL

Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
Isn't fair to compare God to Hitler. Is your Bible knowledge that lacking, are you that unappreciative of your life or has religious experiences brought you to the conclusions you have about God? I'm curious to why you hold so much animosity toward God.
I have nothing against the Godhead I know. It does not use genocide against mankind.

"Isn't fair to compare God to Hitler."

True, Hitler is puny and quite good as compared to the evil that your God shows in the O T.

I'm curious to why you hold so little animosity toward your God who far exceed Hitler and Stalin combined?

Explain please and no B S about justice because there is no justice in genocide or the murder of millions of innocent children and babies.

Regards
DL

Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Where is it said that a perfect person can't desire a position of greater power?
Where does scripture say that A & E wanted or could get greater power from eating of the tree of knowledge. You have to make up something to show that false premise.

Regards
DL

Old 09-24-2010, 04:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Love is something shared. If it is not reciprocated then it has no value except for the ego of the one giving it and that is self serving.

It must have loving actions attached.

For example, it is said by Jesus that like him and God, we are to love the sinner and hate the sin.

That would mean that God would kill the sin and not the sinner yet all over the O T He kills sinners.

Is that an expression of love. No. So even God cannot follow His own rule.

Regards
DL

I do believe, at some point, if your creation is acting like lunatics, and sacrificing their children to Moloch, then it's time for a reset. That's basically what happened in the Old Testament. People were worshiping rocks and suns and whatever else they could dream up. The Hebrews/Jews had the real deal (sometimes). The I AM.

Whatever IT is, it shows up in the New Testament as Yeshua (Jesus), who then goes on in PHYSICAL form to SHOW how LOVE works, in action.

People don't want to learn to love. It's too hard. So, they just continue on building religions and broken political systems. The last 2000 years haven't been any different than the 2000 years prior to that.

People naturally progress into darkness, the more they learn, without love. Knowledge doesn't not bring love. It may bring robots, but not love. Knowledge/LOVE. Now, THAT is a perfect mixture!

He concludeth ALL in unbelief so he may have MERCY on ALL. Romans 11:32

Old 09-25-2010, 06:06 AM

409 posts, read 399,440 times
Quote:
I have nothing against the Godhead I know. It does not use genocide against mankind.

"Isn't fair to compare God to Hitler."

True, Hitler is puny and quite good as compared to the evil that your God shows in the O T.

I'm curious to why you hold so little animosity toward your God who far exceed Hitler and Stalin combined?

Explain please and no B S about justice because there is no justice in genocide or the murder of millions of innocent children and babies.

Regards
DL
I don't know anything about your Godhead so therefore I don't know what it does or doesn't do.

As regards to the children, my knowledge is limited but I found this verse.

1Corinthians 7:14

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

From reading that I verse I gather that since the parents were wicked, the children were unclean.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Where does scripture say that A & E wanted or could get greater power from eating of the tree of knowledge. You have to make up something to show that false premise.

Regards
DL
To rule themselves instead of accepting God's rule over them would seem to be having more power, wouldn't you agree?

Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I don't know anything about your Godhead so therefore I don't know what it does or doesn't do.

As regards to the children, my knowledge is limited but I found this verse.

1Corinthians 7:14

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

From reading that I verse I gather that since the parents were wicked, the children were unclean.
Ignore your Bible then.
This is worth repeating for one as lost as yourself.

You believe that your God would punish all of mankind for what A & E did while scripture itself tells you He would not do such an unjust thing.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
You call mankind corrupt while your Bible says the opposite.
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Follow the logic of these two quotes and you begin and end with perfection. You have perfection ending as some point in time and God having to return to fix what scripture says cannot be broken. Your blindness to perfection makes you think that God screwed up while He did not.
Listen to one below who has wisdom and knows where your view of man's corruption came from.

YouTube - 'Hell' as an invention of the church

YouTube - Burke Lecture: John Shelby Spong
Regards
DL

Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
To rule themselves instead of accepting God's rule over them would seem to be having more power, wouldn't you agree?
What is wrong with ruling ourselves?
Did God Himself not give man dominion here?
Yes He did.

Do you want your children to always be ruled by you or are you working to teach them to rule themselves?

Do you want your children to have power over themselves or do you want them forever slaved to you.

Will you feed them forever or will you teach them to feed themselves?

Regards
DL

Old 09-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
What is wrong with ruling ourselves?
Did God Himself not give man dominion here?
Yes He did.

Do you want your children to always be ruled by you or are you working to teach them to rule themselves?

Do you want your children to have power over themselves or do you want them forever slaved to you.

Will you feed them forever or will you teach them to feed themselves?

Regards
DL
Should we insist that God give us his earth to live on if we expect to rule ourselves? Because he made us doesn't mean he us owes anything if we choose to reject his rule. As for my children, of course they are to become independent of me but not independent of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality