Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And some people ask why we read this forum.
Look at how much there is to learn here.
Where do they get this stuff!!!!!!!!! AO BO, I thought BO was just a bad smell!! Funny there is no blood type, AO and BO!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,926 times
I don't believe that there was a creator. The term "creator" denotes someone who creates. To create something you have to have a mind to see what is and imagine what could be. One has to have the ability to move things from where they are into a new orientation.

I believe the multiverse (the set of all universes) has always existed, uncreated. Is that any more difficult to believe than a Creator that has always existed, uncreated? I believe this universe sprung into existence from the multiverse in a Big Bang, uncreated, without a Planner or Intelligent Designer.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:13 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I don't believe that there was a creator. The term "creator" denotes someone who creates. To create something you have to have a mind to see what is and imagine what could be. One has to have the ability to move things from where they are into a new orientation.

I believe the multiverse (the set of all universes) has always existed, uncreated. Is that any more difficult to believe than a Creator that has always existed, uncreated? I believe this universe sprung into existence from the multiverse in a Big Bang, uncreated, without a Planner or Intelligent Designer.
It's a lot easier and more reasonable to believe. to me.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,234 times
Star stuff

Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. Quran 2:31
Really? And in which language would that be?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
First of all evolution is a farce, it would have some truth to it if they can find another blood type besides the four that we have A , B, A B, O NOAH was AO his we wife was BO. These blood types made up the whole world. Question why does the creature Satan want us to think we came from animals?
Because animals are the lowest from of species and Satan who is the ruler of this world hates the human race. He does not want us to know what Christ did on the Cross made us above all the Angels We don't deserve it it was a free gift to the human race.just by believing in Jesus Christ the creator of the universe.
They are? Lower than, say, microbes or plants?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:44 PM

205 posts, read 239,493 times
Allah is a weak god look where you came from, certainly not the land of milk and honey like U.S. is. If he was God as you say. If you think Allah is then lets analyze it as in everything or let's look at facts.
Was Adam and eve Muslims? If they were how come there is no mention of them praying 5 times a day? Also why did they betray Allah? Was Moses a Muslim? If he was how come he freed the Jews as Allah commanded him to do in the burning bush. When Allah hates the Jews why would he want to free them? Why were you out there living in a desert and have no conveniences. your religion is bull it can't stand up to the facts and your god is weak he is a creation Satan. The only power he has is through the one in only true GOD. Why it states they worship the creature instead of the creator, This was written many moons ago. You know what is funny is that the true word of God no one has ever been able to prove one false entry for centuries yet people still don't believe.
Jesus Christ has to be the biggest liar in the entire world or he is God in the flesh. No one can be that good of a liar it does not tabulate to be able to fool that many people over centuries and centuries some one would have came forth on their dieing bed and said look all this is bull. Never has and never will happen.
The Muslims call him a prophet which I ask them why would you put a liar in your book? Jesus never prophesied to being a prophet he stated I am the Messiah no one comes to God the Father except through me. the Jews signify he was a prophet also. the question is why would they say this why not omit him from their book as the atheist do? I will tell you why Satan couldn't get rid of Jesus Christ (the true arbitrator between God and sinful man). Too Too many people seen him over 500 people and the miracles he performed were in the 100's thousands, as they didn't have TV. This is why it states in revelation when God tells Satan You who deceived the whole world and guess what it is not Christians who are the majority!!! Jesus is not the son of God he is God in the flesh actually the creative part of God. By the way if you find a loop hole in God's word please let me know been looking for it for the last 15 years.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
Allah is a weak god look where you came from, certainly not the land of milk and honey like U.S. is. If he was God as you say. If you think Allah is then lets analyze it as in everything or let's look at facts.
Are you talking to me or finalmessage? Because if you talking to me, that's just silly. I'm a Comanche. It doesn't get more "from here" than that.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:46 PM

103 posts, read 95,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Wow, aren't you the life of the party! I deeply apololgize for my flawed fundamental mis-use of words! Let me say that I believe that evolution is what created the universe, our solar system, and us - but since I wasn't there to witness it all first hand - I do not know this all for sure.
If my words bother you so much that you feel that you have to make this big of a deal out of it - please refrain from reading all my further posts. I'm a very happy, nice, and funny person - but man, you are bringing me down and getting under my skin! Geez!
If you don't want you words read, analyzed and commented on, don't post.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM

103 posts, read 95,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You are just unaware of the broad usage and meaning of the word "believe" that's all. You are still saying it means "faith" 100% of the time which is not the case.

It's main use in our culture may be to describe faith, but "believe" also means to "to accept as true, genuine, or real" (for any reason).
I don't think that people discussing creators, creation and the creator of the universe are using the world "believe" is a "broad usage" application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality