Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I believe that God does not make mistakes, therefore people should accept their gender. And I believe that if someone has a sex change operation they are so far from God's will in their lives that they are listening to every thing except God.

On the other hand, if someone becomes a Christian after the fact I think they should pray and ask for guidance.
I believe if they are sincere God will direct them in this matter.
Wrong.

God did not make a mistake. God gave them a woman's soul in a man's body, and a choice of whether to change that or be something new. Gender fluidity is also an option. Living as a man is also an option, although most men who make that decision find out that they have to live a role.

http://www.believeoutloud.com/latest...-make-mistakes

This is the same thinking that "gays can change" so they don't have a choice, they need to become straight. Nope, wrong. If gays can change, this means they have a choice in the matter, granted by God. If God gave them a choice, then God is in support of their decisions. Likewise, the idea that gays were born the way they are, well as in the above case, it may be true. But any God I would worship would allow us to make up our own minds. How is being typecast as gay any different from being typecast as straight? Both of these options are stifling and disgusting. What is I wanted to be bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or other? Don't I get to choose who I love and how my body works?

God gave me this body and this soul, to live life this way, and help other people who don't belong in the typical gender spectrum. I have decided the best way to do so is to be gender-fluid.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 04-18-2015 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:24 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Don't I get to choose who I love and how my body works?
Well, no ... not really.

You don't choose who to love - it either happens or it doesn't. You can't point to someone and say, "I'm going to love that person" and expect the feelings to arrive as if delivered to you by Amazon.com.

You also don't choose how your body works. You can only choose how you'll respond to how your body works. In your case, your body works in such a way that allows you to be gender-fluid. I don't think you chose the actual workings of your body; you've only chosen to be gender-fluid as a reaction to how your body works.

My body doesn't work that way and I could never be gender-fluid because of that. I am most decidedly female, but tend toward the asexual persuasion. That asexuality is not something I've chosen for myself. It simply ... is.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
I believe that God does not make mistakes, therefore people should accept their gender. And I believe that if someone has a sex change operation they are so far from God's will in their lives that they are listening to every thing except God.

On the other hand, if someone becomes a Christian after the fact I think they should pray and ask for guidance.
I believe if they are sincere God will direct them in this matter.
probability curves or open ended equations are not mistakes.
You don't understand them. but thats you, not god's mistake.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:36 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,212 times
Quote:
I believe that God does not make mistakes, ...
Are you speaking about the same god idea which was sorry for creating human beings and sort to flush them from existence?

To whom doth this god go to when he makes a mistake?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 1,630 times
1 Corinthians 6:9 says our bodies are the temple of God. Those that do not belong to God do not have the spirit of Christ Romans 8vs 9. Therefore their bodies are not the temple of God. As temples we honor our bodies as if they not our own. You sound like an atheist. What business
u have accesing a thread aimed at people who actually believe in a God. No the word of God is an ancient script, it stands the test of time. Attacking his word and say it no longer applies is your choice however it does does not change the reality that the message of the gospel stays the same and so does his word.

Last edited by sophiebrand; 04-19-2015 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: incomplete

Old 04-19-2015, 11:19 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiebrand View Post
1 Corinthians 6:9 says our bodies are the temple of God. Those that do not belong to God do mot have the spirit of Christ Romans 8vs 9. Therefore their bodies ate not the temple of God. As temples we honor our bodies as if they not our own. You sound like an atheist. What business
u have accesing a thread aimed at people who actually believe in a God. No the word of God is an ancient script, it stands the test of time. Attacking hisbword and say it no longer applies isbyour choice. Hisbword is hisbword and does not Chang.
Our bodies being a temple means we can decorate it, change it, and do whatever we want with it... just like any other temple. Why would god punish you for making it the best temple that you could make it?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:32 PM

3 posts, read 1,630 times
Perhaps each person is uniquely and wonderfully
made. Accepting and loving yourself
as you are created would drive out the torment
of having to change something that is already
perfect and lovely. God knows what he is doing. He designed each person.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Perhaps each person is uniquely and wonderfully
made. Accepting and loving yourself
as you are created would drive out the torment
of having to change something that is already
perfect and lovely. God knows what he is doing. He designed each person.
Of course that's complete rubbish. Gays who pretend to be straight, transgenders who try to convince themselves that their affinity for the opposite gender is "just a phase" often go through life utterly miserable. Suicide rates are high. Apparently, "driving out that torment" doesn't work.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
You sound like an atheist.
ROFL! Ya think?

Quote:
What business u have accesing a thread aimed at people who actually believe in a God.
Ah, look ... another example of a Christian fascist trying to silence opposing viewpoints by acting as if these threads are for Christians only.

I have just as much "business" accessing this thread as you do. Don't like it? Find a theocracy to live in.

Quote:
No the word of God is an ancient script, it stands the test of time. Attacking his word and say it no longer applies is your choice however it does does not change the reality that the message of the gospel stays the same and so does his word.
Your religion is your own reality ... it is not THE reality. Plus, the message of the gospel does NOT stay the same. If it did, there wouldn't be 20,000+ different denominations all of which think the gospels say something different.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
You've heard of people realizing they were born the wrong sex and somewhere during the course of their life they go through a sex change operation? Something I've always wondered and never gotten a grasp on is the following question. If you believe having sex with the same sex is a sin, then when a man has a sex change and becomes a woman, is he still sinning by having sex with men?

Okay, now the next question to the puzzle. What if this woman, (who used to be a man) accepts the Lord in her/his heart and has a true conversion experience. Should this person change back to their original gender? And the one that really is subjective. When this person gets to heaven will he/she be male or female?

Please do not use the argument that we will be like the angels because we will all still be gender specific as we are here...so go with that thought and please tell me what you think. I am genuinely interested as this is something I've thought about for many years. With my background as a recovering homosexual it was always a question in my heart during those turbulent years.
We were made correctly by God, the person desiring this change has disturbing issues. To take matters in your own hands with a change such as this is like one is playing god . When we turn our lives to God we get over our selfish needs as our thoughts are taken off ourselves and on to others and the Lord.When we come to the Lord we have a change of mind and heart.

To the person who has already had the surgery and wants the Lord to be a part of their life, no we would not change back to the previous sex but to have an ongoing change of heart and mind to want to serve the Lord. We are all sinners saved by His grace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality