Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:16 PM

172 posts, read 785,500 times

Advertisements

What does it mean to see many eagles, Golden and Bald, circling and in trees in one general area... I've googled and come across different meanings. Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 08:04 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
It probably means that they have found a good hunting area. It may also mean that some have already migrated south if you are seeing larger numbers than normal.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
A gathering of Eagles, end of migration, good hunting area...a sign of winter coming.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
A gathering of Eagles, end of migration, good hunting area...a sign of winter coming.
Yep! What he just said .

Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,704 times
I imagine seeing seeing quite a few eagles flying overhead would be quite a sight.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM

138 posts, read 181,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2010 View Post
What does it mean to see many eagles, Golden and Bald, circling and in trees in one general area... I've googled and come across different meanings. Any insight?

I looked it up too. One thing I read jumped out at me. Sightings of eagles can symbolize to the viewer your ability to attain to the vastness of all things; as the Eagle has limitless potential to explore the Great Beyond physically, so too can you "leave yourself" and move past the normal bounds of your being.

Pretty cool. A while back I was seeing doves everywhere I went. I'm used to only seeing pigeons, robins, sparrows -- your typical common birds. I looked up "dove meanings" and came across: the sighting of a dove symbolizes that one has left behind hostilities, and is comfortable accepting others without recriminations or cruelty. Differences can be celebrated instead of used as a weapon.

That meant something to me, personally! I loved it. After that I stopped seeing doves so constantly -- there was no longer any need -- but just yesterday one landed on my car hood as I was parking it.

Peace.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
In my family a dove landing or hanging around close is notice that someone has passed over and they are telling us good bye for now.....death is no more the final chapter than birth is.

Just fwiw, a strange all white cat getting into the house means someone there will pass over soon. You can delay it if you keep the cat out.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
In my family a dove landing or hanging around close is notice that someone has passed over and they are telling us good bye for now.....death is no more the final chapter than birth is.

Just fwiw, a strange all white cat getting into the house means someone there will pass over soon. You can delay it if you keep the cat out.
I've always heard, that if a bird flies into your home someone is going to die.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
I've got a white red tail hawk that resides in this area, it's snow white and I usually consider that a sign of an old elder watching over everything here.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:30 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
To our non-NDN friends: One thing to always keep in mind is that what something means to one tribe does not necessarily mean the same thing to another tribe. For instance, to Kiowas, the Owl is a sign of bad luck or foretelling of death. Even to this day, some very traditional Kiowas are uncomfortable around owls or even owl feathers. On the other hand, to my people, the Owl is a traditionally seen as messenger. He may say something good; he may say something bad. My grandfather said that you had to pay attention because he had something to say one way or the other.

This is just a small illustration of being careful of calling something "Native American".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality