Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:04 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
America makes no such claim. Christians in America do.
I would ask those christians if that is such a good thing, why does this country have the by far the greatest percentage of it citizens locked away in prisons?

Christianity is the greatest ill that can befall a society.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:05 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Hey Fred314X

American leaders, have always consider America to be a Christian nation. That's why 'in god we trust', was printed on coins, many years ago. My point was, that based on all I've talked about in my previous post, that there's NO WAY, that American can be a Christian nation. And that's regardless of whether Christians consider America to be a Christian nation, or anyone else does.
Yes.
I've posted many times that the U.S. is a "Christian Nation". And cite many examples of evidence of it.

But, I always should have been more clear/specific---I should have said "Denominational Christian Dogma Influenced Nation"...THAT'S a better description of how the U.S. is "Christian".
It's faaaaaaaaar removed from the message passed down to us through the legend of the man known as Jesus the Christ. He told us, "love each other"...and we'd have to see an abundance of THAT to BE a "Christian Nation".

IMO we can never be any kind of REAL nation anyway...because of how we acquired the country itself. Well...I guess one group of people could kill and scam another group of people...take everything they have...and then claim it as "theirs"...but that rings very hollow to me. The only way could get back to something of a "real" nation...would be to give back control to the people we stole (mostly by deadly force) it from. We COULD...and we SHOULD.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:31 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Christianity is the greatest ill that can befall a society.
I can't even begin to express how much I disagree with that ridiculous claim. Secular humanism is a great ill. Godless materialism is a great ill. Belief in salvation through Jesus Christ is the only healing balm for any nation, or any individual.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,684 times
Hey Bideshi,

First, you'd have to prove that there's a loving 'god', who 'saves' people. So go ahead, prove that a benevolent 'god' exists. I dare you!

Old 10-17-2010, 02:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I can't even begin to express how much I disagree with that ridiculous claim. Secular humanism is a great ill. Godless materialism is a great ill. Belief in salvation through Jesus Christ is the only healing balm for any nation, or any individual.
Well disprove it with facts, don't just get your panties in a wad. Show me how as a christian nation, we have one of the lowest incarceration rates on the planet. Show me that our crime rate is one of the lowest, that we are now 9 years into a religious war, that the US is one of the very few countries that still has the death penalty. 137 countries have abolished it completely, but not the US, China, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia. Nice company we keep ain't it? Christian Barbarism perhaps.

JC, your healing balm is just more snake oil, distributed by hucksters, sold to the naive and gullible, and it is toxic to the individual and society.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:31 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:

The belief in Jesus and early Christianity is the source of most of the evil of the world.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:41 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
as a person of Native American ancestry, you don't even WANT to get me started on the atrocities in this country by your so-called good Christians.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:57 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
Have you even researched the history of christianity? Christianity has been everything but the healing balm of a nation.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
as a person of Native American ancestry, you don't even WANT to get me started on the atrocities in this country by your so-called good Christians.
The core message passed down in the legend of the man known as Jesus the Christ was, "Love each other". THAT'S supposed to be the foundation of Christian concept...from what I can see.

The people ptsum refers to were/are the ultimate antithesis of that. The "operative word" in his post being "so-called". They didn't/don't have a clue how to embrace that legendary message...they did/do exactly otherwise...they hurt and hate(d)...they were/are mean, and cruel, and selfish, and evil. Good Christians?...Yeah, rrrrrrrrright...just the opposite! Then they wonder why so many are "turned off" by Christianity.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
So, this is the new atheistic tactic: equate belief in God with delusion. You will answer on Judgement Day for your mocking. You will be held accountable for every idle word.
So you say. As do the muslims, the mormons, etc etc. Who knows you may be subject to the same fate. Most religions claim to be the one true way to god, yet none can back that assertion up. So why do people so easily entrust their eternal souls on baseless claims? Seems mighty risky to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality