Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
And many people think Indians are awsome, which of course we are.
Of course!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:21 PM

44 posts, read 33,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Because there are very few menorahs on public property. Jewish people don't proselytize. Jewish people don't try to push for their religious beliefs to be turned into law. They don't try to get Jewish prayer in school or prevent gays from marrying. Not all Christians do these things - but some do.

To be honest - it sounds more like you are upset that people aren't bashing Jews. Would you be happier if there were more Jewish bashing posts? That seems to be what you are getting at. I can understand being upset because you feel that your religion is getting a bad rap - but I don't understand the seeming resentment that other religions aren't getting a bad rap as well. It sounds sort of like - Why hate Christians? You should really hate the Jews!
There are very few menorahs on public property? You don't know what you're talking about. Stop trying to infer my feelings. I don't want anyone to be bashed but I find the nature of this bashing interesting. Basically, it's becomonto to bash Christianity these days and it's ridiculous. And by the way, the orthodox Jews by me are actively lobbying against gay marriage. You need to get your facts straight.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:26 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue2007 View Post
There are very few menorahs on public property? You don't know what you're talking about. Stop trying to infer my feelings. I don't want anyone to be bashed but I find the nature of this bashing interesting. Basically, it's becomonto to bash Christianity these days and it's ridiculous. And by the way, the orthodox Jews by me are actively lobbying against gay marriage. You need to get your facts straight.

Judaism has a spectrum of Jews and the orthodox are on the conservative end so yes they probably don't want gay marriage. They don't speak for all Jews just their group.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Judaism has a spectrum of Jews and the orthodox are on the conservative end so yes they probably don't want gay marriage. They don't speak for all Jews just their group.
Just as not all Christians and denominations are against gay marriage. Despite that it's the Christians who are attacked. Go figure.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Oh please. This is another example of bash the Christian. I didn't threaten anyone, I simply said she was singled out because she's very vocal and if she didn't want to be singled out she shouldn't post as much. Sounds like logic to me.
I see you going to pull the old "poor little Christian"card, please don't insult me with that little charade. Personally I don't care what your religious belief is, but I do care when you start singling out individuals for your hatred and this is exactly what this thread has degraded itself to.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not inferring your feelings. I'm trying to let you know how you are coming off to everyone. And it's not good.
Geez Louise! I think you need a time out! It doesn't really do anyone any good to just go off on everyone! Maybe an anger management class would be helpful.
Honestly, the more you insult people and are just plain mean - the less people will actually listen to what you are saying. If you really want to get people to listen - you need to change your tactics. Nobody listens to someone throwing a tempter tantrum or someone slinging out the insults right and left.
A temper tantrum because I told you to get your facts straight? Yikes... Moving on...

By the way, I stand by my "get your facts straight" statement.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Just as not all Christians and denominations are against gay marriage. Despite that it's the Christians who are attacked. Go figure.
In all honestly - the number of Orthodox Jews fighting against gay marriage probably does not even come close to the number of Christians fighting against it. It's like comparing an apple to an orchard. I'm against anyone fight against gay marriage - but the larger group is going to be the more vocal group and therefore the group more likely to face most of the backlash.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality