Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I know but what did you say? I told you what I said...lol
(what new language)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Man it's cold, it's cold, it's freakin cold. Do you think that makes any difference to my ball obsessed schnauzer? He's lookin at me right now with that let's go out and play ball look he gets 3 times a day. He thinks he's a mole out there there way he just tunnels through the drifts after that blasted ball. My other little fur ball just looks at us as if we are nuts as we head out that door. He was born in Alabama and although he has lived his whole life in Canada he still thinks he's a southern boy really.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Man it's cold, it's cold, it's freakin cold. Do you think that makes any difference to my ball obsessed schnauzer? He's lookin at me right now with that let's go out and play ball look he gets 3 times a day. He thinks he's a mole out there there way he just tunnels through the drifts after that blasted ball. My other little fur ball just looks at us as if we are nuts as we head out that door. He was born in Alabama and although he has lived his whole life in Canada he still thinks he's a southern boy really.

Sounds like one of the dogs I have, I've got a Maltese Terrier that is 14 years old and still loves the runaround in the snow.....and right now I have temperatures near zero...

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
(what new language)

ahhhh ok.... the new language is Hebrew..... I am back to taking modern Hebrew again and we are starting to work on past tense....

learning a language is hard.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post

omg are you in Canada??? Where it is really really cold.....BRRRRRRRR

Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM

I would say that they were in Ontario and I bet the Falls is probably frozen over by now....

Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
ahhhh ok.... the new language is Hebrew..... I am back to taking modern Hebrew again and we are starting to work on past tense....

learning a language is hard.

Yeah, learning a new language can be a little hard, especially if you're not that familiar with it.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, learning a new language can be a little hard, especially if you're not that familiar with it.

I love Hebrew and now can write in script and block but grammer hurts me. I also panic when I have to speak in class. But I love the language.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I love Hebrew and now can write in script and block but grammer hurts me. I also panic when I have to speak in class. But I love the language.
doesn't Hebrew have a phonetic spelling for their words also?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
doesn't Hebrew have a phonetic spelling for their words also?

yeah transliteration but when you learn it you don't use the transliteration.

In shul I try not to use the transliteration in the siddur but I don't read Hebrew fast enough to keep up.

I hate transliterations....lol

So when ever I write I write in Hebrew Script.

Ivrit עברת Hebrew I get my pronounciations wrong often when I read the transliterations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality