Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:32 PM

9 posts, read 16,332 times

Advertisements

I have never personally had an experience with a demon or an angel.
I do know people who are close to me who have.

Please share if you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

9 posts, read 16,332 times
My Dad was having doubts about his faith in God... He started to see paranormal activities at his workplace.

He was working 3rd shift at a machine shop and was often either the only one there at night or sometimes there was one other guy working with him.

-One night when he was up on a machine (about 20 feet in the air) he felt a tug on his shirt. He looked back and his shirt had physically been pulled out from where it was tucked into his pants.

-Another night he said he was up on a machine and he felt like someone was watching him. He turned around and saw a transparent figure of a man he had never seen before dressed up as a machinist from the 70's. A different guy he was working with happened to be walking right where the figure was, and right after he passed through it, he shivered and said "Man, I hate when I get the chills."

-My dad also has seen a dark figure up in the offices (which are on the 2nd floor overlooking the whole shop) looking down at him. He even went up there one day just to check it out, and the room was empty.

-He said one day when he was sitting in his truck about to leave, he looked over, and a guy he worked with (who wasn't a very nice guy) was sitting in his car with a dark figure sitting next to him in the passenger seat. The figure turned his head slowly toward my dad, and he said that it looked like the figure was hooded, with hollow eyes and hollow mouth (kind of like the "Scream" character).

-The last time my dad saw anything at the shop was when a black cat came into the shop late at night (he still doesnt know how it got in-all the doors were closed) and it was staring at my dad for the longest time. My dad then saw a bright light fly from across the room and chase the cat out.

* My dad is a very quiet, conservative guy and he would never tell stories or make things up just to get attention or to try to scare someone. He would come home early in the morning and wake my mom up. She said he would be all shaken up. They eventually went to my pastor and had him start praying with them, and shortly after that is when the activity stopped.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:22 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,420,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStringsAttached View Post
I do know people who are close to me who have.
You know this for a fact,

or

you know people who are close to you who told you they had this experience, but you really don't know for sure?

The chances that it is the former are "slim" and "none" and "slim" has terminal brain cancer.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,646,650 times
Angels and demons do not exist. There are plenty of other less preposterous explanations for such things.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,440,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You know this for a fact,

or

you know people who are close to you who told you they had this experience, but you really don't know for sure?

The chances that it is the former are "slim" and "none" and "slim" has terminal brain cancer.
Know this for a fact Charles, are you sure?

It wouldn't matter if he posted he knew for a fact, you'd call him delusinal or a paranoid schizophrenic that needed a mental health check up.

You just marked yourself, I'll be waiting for you to have an experience that makes you crap your pants. Let us know.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 AM

We're all entitled to our beliefs, don't let the negative comments prevent you from posting on the forum.

The last thing I would ever do is dispute someone elses religious or non religious beliefs, but it seems acceptable here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStringsAttached View Post
My Dad was having doubts about his faith in God... He started to see paranormal activities at his workplace.

He was working 3rd shift at a machine shop and was often either the only one there at night or sometimes there was one other guy working with him.

-One night when he was up on a machine (about 20 feet in the air) he felt a tug on his shirt. He looked back and his shirt had physically been pulled out from where it was tucked into his pants.

-Another night he said he was up on a machine and he felt like someone was watching him. He turned around and saw a transparent figure of a man he had never seen before dressed up as a machinist from the 70's. A different guy he was working with happened to be walking right where the figure was, and right after he passed through it, he shivered and said "Man, I hate when I get the chills."

-My dad also has seen a dark figure up in the offices (which are on the 2nd floor overlooking the whole shop) looking down at him. He even went up there one day just to check it out, and the room was empty.

-He said one day when he was sitting in his truck about to leave, he looked over, and a guy he worked with (who wasn't a very nice guy) was sitting in his car with a dark figure sitting next to him in the passenger seat. The figure turned his head slowly toward my dad, and he said that it looked like the figure was hooded, with hollow eyes and hollow mouth (kind of like the "Scream" character).

-The last time my dad saw anything at the shop was when a black cat came into the shop late at night (he still doesnt know how it got in-all the doors were closed) and it was staring at my dad for the longest time. My dad then saw a bright light fly from across the room and chase the cat out.

* My dad is a very quiet, conservative guy and he would never tell stories or make things up just to get attention or to try to scare someone. He would come home early in the morning and wake my mom up. She said he would be all shaken up. They eventually went to my pastor and had him start praying with them, and shortly after that is when the activity stopped.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,420,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Nope, I don't; I am not sure.

Quote:
you'd call him delusinal or a paranoid schizophrenic that needed a mental health check up.
You're right.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:19 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,974,950 times
I agree Charles...A complete medical examination would be first on my list followed by a mental check up, if the first found nothing..My mother died of cancer of the brain and you couldn't believe the things she saw and heard in the months preceding her death. Her sister recently died of a brain tumor as well...She also lost all concept of reality...The brain is the only thing we have that interprets reality, and when the signals get messed up so does your reality.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:10 PM

18 posts, read 26,931 times
Quote:

It wouldn't matter if he posted he knew for a fact, you'd call him delusinal or a paranoid schizophrenic that needed a mental health check up.

You just marked yourself, I'll be waiting for you to have an experience that makes you crap your pants. Let us know.

Haha, I always see Charles commenting on how "delusional" or "schizophrenic" people are if they have different beliefs than him. I think the only one that really IS paranoid or delusional is Charles, since he seems to love to lurk on this site and post his opinon to EVERYONE on how they are wrong.

Could it be that someone (Charles) is scared that they might be the one who does not have all the answers?

Old 10-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Nope, I don't; I am not sure.

No, you don't know its a fact? But you're sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality