Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 PM

430 posts, read 583,298 times

Advertisements

If these goat-heads were to visit our town to preach their hatred at, say, a funeral for a recently fallen military vet, I cannot believe that someone here, in our very conservative and private midwestern rural town, would not take matters into his own hands.

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

(you've got to love that website address!). Fred Phelps, your head will dance on the point of my ancestor's spears, in a particular hell we reserve for such depraved people. Perhaps right beside W. A. Custer?

Are they completely protected from any responses from rightfully insulted family members from any I wonder? Most all of the adult family are lawyers and are, apparently just trolling for a means by which they can sue someone. There must be some state laws if there are no related Federal limitations.

How do local law enforcement types expect there to NOT be a violent exchange if these trolls insult a grieving family member?

The utter nerve of these morons. Why do we tolerate it? This is far worse than yelling "fire" in a movie theater for sure; it's intentionally hugely rude, hurtful and intrusive. These types should all be incarcerated into a mental health facility. Perhaps a little shock therapy? 10kV between the ears? That ought to re-assert their priorities, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
If these goat-heads were to visit our town to preach their hatred at, say, a funeral for a recently fallen military vet, I cannot believe that someone here, in our very conservative and private midwestern rural town, would not take matters into his own hands.

(you've got to love that website address!). Fred Phelps, your head will dance on the point of my ancestor's spears, in a particular hell we reserve for such depraved people. Perhaps right beside W. A. Custer?

Are they completely protected from any responses from rightfully insulted family members from any I wonder? Most all of the adult family are lawyers and are, apparently just trolling for a means by which they can sue someone. There must be some state laws if there are no related Federal limitations.

How do local law enforcement types expect there to NOT be a violent exchange if these trolls insult a grieving family member?

The utter nerve of these morons. Why do we tolerate it? This is far worse than yelling "fire" in a movie theater for sure; it's intentionally hugely rude, hurtful and intrusive. These types should all be incarcerated into a mental health facility. Perhaps a little shock therapy? 10kV between the ears? That ought to re-assert their priorities, no?
Right now this whole mess about the WBC is in front of the Supreme Court for revue, to see if they are in violation of the law. I hope they (WBC) and Fred Phelps get nailed to the crooked cross they're hiding behind.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,026 times
Despite our Freedom of Speech, a right that understandably is protected adamantly and fiercely, and despite this great nation's tolerance and respect of that right...I'd bet my last dollar that if some cops went in and just put a swift and permanent "end" to their non-sense hate filled stupidity, 99.9 percent of Americans would stand up and give a collective and heartfelt applause that would be heard around the nation.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:

You must not have experienced "god" in the same way they have. god works in mysterious ways. god has a reason for everything. [Somewhere in] The [twisted interpretation of the] bible says it is so.

He's just an extreme version of every other pastor. Same philosophy, different magnitude, different target, similar message, same delusions, same superstitions, same irrational thinking.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:32 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You must not have experienced "god" in the same way they have. god works in mysterious ways. god has a reason for everything. [Somewhere in] The [twisted interpretation of the] bible says it is so.

He's just an extreme version of every other pastor. Same philosophy, different magnitude, different target, similar message, same delusions, same superstitions, same irrational thinking.
And all that put into layman's terms, "He's a freaking Fruit Cake", Phelps that is!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:13 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

They aren't completely unopposed:
Patriot Guard

Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
I would hope more would come out against them, especially more christian groups.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:18 PM

250 posts, read 379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Despite our Freedom of Speech, a right that understandably is protected adamantly and fiercely, and despite this great nation's tolerance and respect of that right...I'd bet my last dollar that if some cops went in and just put a swift and permanent "end" to their non-sense hate filled stupidity, 99.9 percent of Americans would stand up and give a collective and heartfelt applause that would be heard around the nation.

What kind of "end" are you advocating? The permanent kind seems to imply death, or maybe I'm just reading too far into that statement.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:40 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
What kind of "end" are you advocating? The permanent kind seems to imply death, or maybe I'm just reading too far into that statement.
Americans are becoming wimps...in the olden days...such a group would of gotten beat up and bruised, physically...and that would settle it...

Let them try that in a different country...or at some inner city latino Sur x 3 funeral...

They only go to funerals where they know people are wimps and won't do anything...

Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
A couple of years ago they tried to come to Canada, and were turned back at the border....Too bad, because we do have hate speech laws here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality