Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I've already seen "christophobe" used. Why not? Those opposed to God and His Son must harbor some fear about their approaching death and what will happen to them. They will be judged.
Why do you assume, falsely I suspect, that a large percent of the human race is afraid of death. I have seen an awfully lot of death, on several continents in a myriad of differing ways. Death is natural, as is birth, it is not something to fear, it is the inevitable. I have seen the peace on the faces of some of the dying, they were not afraid of the journey. To fear death is to fear your own destiny.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 PM

258 posts, read 540,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I don't see such terms as 'tricky'; rather, I see them as a sad commentary on a society thatrequires them in the first place.

There would be no need for terms like 'homophobia' if the LGBT commnunity weren't subject to blatant attacks by a bigoted, hateful portion of our population (for the record, while religions such as Christianty are not exclusively responsible for homophobia, the extreme elements of Christianity definitely contribute to it).

Labeling something as a 'phobia' indicates a fear of something. Have you, personally, ever been afraid to tell someone that you're Christian? Have you ever wondered if someone is going to follow you after you leave work and leave you bleeding in a street because you're Christian?

Have you, as a Christian, ever been accused of spreading diseases such as AIDS as part of a 'Christian Agenda'? Have you ever gone to the police, and found that they don't take your complaints seriously 'because you're a Christian' and the attending officer is a 'Christophobe'?

Gay-bashing is a very real threat; in New York, there was recently a young man beaten by a gang for being gay -- I'll spare the gory details, but I will state that the attacks involved baseball bats and the handle of a toilet plunger.

N.Y. torture gang highlights gay-bashing wave (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/torture+gang+highlights+bashing+wave/3654054/story.html - broken link)

In August, a homophobe beat a 63 year old Vancouver man so badly that he now has permanent brain-damage. What was the motivation? There was none. The man was gay, and he was in range.

CTV British Columbia - Guilty verdict in Vancouver gay bashing - CTV News

'Tricky'? Try 'tragic'. It's sad that we live in a society that necessitates a word to define such horridly violent acts.
It is a sin to be a homosexual, it is a sin to assault someone too. Christians or anyone else should not physically attack homosexuals. Christians have the right to call homosexual acts a sin. Anyone in America has the right to call anything a sin.

I have the right to call it a sin. You have the right to call it what you like.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
It is a sin to be a homosexual, it is a sin to assault someone too. Christians or anyone else should not physically attack homosexuals. Christians have the right to call homosexual acts a sin. Anyone in America has the right to call anything a sin.

I have the right to call a sin. You have the right to call it what you like.
You have the right to be wrong, and I see you choose to exercise that right.

And I have the right to tell you without any reservation that you are a hater spewing your hatred from the platform of ignorance about humanity, spreading your hate learned from the intolerance and raw hatred that grows unabated in the vile practices and beliefs of Christianity.

All based on a single book that's 2,000 - 3,000 years old, written by dozens if not hundreds of people, each with their own bias and agenda.

OBTW, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I or no one in my family are homosexual, though I know a number of very nice people that happen to be gay or lesbian. I have natural moral values, not the false and intolerant ones learned from some bigot with a bible in hand. Christians often want to claim the 'golden rule' as one of their rules, then why in hell do so few seem to practice the golden rule?

Last edited by Asheville Native; 10-18-2010 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You have the right to be wrong, and I see you choose to exercise that right.

And I have the right to tell you without any reservation that you are a hater spewing your hatred from the platform of ignorance about humanity, spreading your hate learned at the from the intolerance and raw hatred that grows unabated in the vile practices and beliefs of Christianity.

All based on a single book that's 2,000 - 3,000 years old, written by dozens if not hundreds of people, each with their own bias and agenda.
As long as you agree that I have the right to believe what I want, then I have no problem in your hatred of my beliefs.

I see it that you are intolerant of my beliefs, because they don't agree with your beliefs, I believe you are intolerant of my beliefs.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:43 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
As long as you agree that I have the right to believe what I want, then I have no problem in your hatred of my beliefs.

I see it that you are intolerant of my beliefs, because they don't agree with your beliefs, I believe you are intolerant of my beliefs.
Yes; For the very simple reason they are baseless, yet so detrimental to society and the greatest threat to our future.

If they were harmless I wouldn't care.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes; For the very simple reason they are baseless, yet so detrimental to society and the greatest threat to our future.

If they were harmless I wouldn't care.
I believe supporting homosexuality is baseless, yet so detrimental to society and a plague on our society.

Often, homosexuals say they were born homosexual as a defense to their behavior.

If someone is born with a desire to rape women, are their actions acceptable just because they have a desire to rape women?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:01 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
People are so tricky aren't they? How about a word called christianphobia.. or christianphob... That way when people are negative towards christians someone can say you're just a christianphob...

What a tricky bunch of homosexual supporting people to actually coin a term and use it in the way they do.
Your thread and opening post gives you ANY answer you are seeking.......for you are both negative and disrespectful with your words and have therefore answered your own question!.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
I believe supporting homosexuality is baseless, yet so detrimental to society and a plague on our society.

Often, homosexuals say they were born homosexual as a defense to their behavior.

If someone is born with a desire to rape women, are their actions acceptable just because they have a desire to rape women?

Why oh why can't a homophobe tell the difference between rape and an act between consenting adults?

It really makes you wonder about their intellectual capacity.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Why oh why can't a homophobe tell the difference between rape and an act between consenting adults?

It really makes you wonder about their intellectual capacity.
Why oh why can't a truthphobe tell the difference between right and wrong?

Your definition of right and wrong is ONLY if the act is between consenting adults?

Consenting adults committing suicide. Consenting adults doing illegal drugs. Consenting adults-- prostitute and her John.

When did perversion become right?

Oh yeah I forgot you don't know what is right or wrong.

DO YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT TO BE A HOMOPHOBE AS YOU CALL IT?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:

YOU got nerve buddy.....asking for an intellectual debate and yet you throw around insults....equating rape with being gay is a personal attack in my opinion......as well as assuming gays choose their sexuality.

As I said earlier, your remarks and behaviour tell a sad and hateful story of ignorance and bigotry.....hence the term HOMOPHOBE is justified when referring to people/posters who start hateful and divisive discussions/threads and then cry when they are confronted by the light of love and logic!.

So if you insult and belittle other people.....then that explains why the term Homophobia is accepted and your whining about being justified in seeking solace in a Christianphobia term is unjustified; because I am tolerant and respectful of Christians and obviously you are NOT tolerant of gay people!

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality