Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
I would ask you to stretch your mind with me for a moment.

Normally, we all think linearly. That is, 1 comes before 2, which comes before 3, and so on. This is very convenient for us, as it provides order to our lives.

But, what if 1 does not come before 2? What if 1 and 2 occur at the very same time?

What if we are living in the past, present, and future all at the same time? We have yet to be born, and yet we have already died.

If time has meaning only within this physical universe, then it would have no meaning in a spiritual universe. Or if some sort of time does exist in a spiritual universe (just to help keep our brains from exploding with this touch of the etherial), it certainly would bear no resemblence to time keeping on Earth or any of the other ways time beats elsewhere in the universe.

Thus, our friends and relatives are both alive and dead throughout our entire lives. Just because a person died on a particular linear point does not mean that this person is not "around" when it is our particular linear point to depart this physical world.
I find this very interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,198 times
I do believe that the dead greet, or at least communicate with the dying in order to assist in their transition.

Just before he died, my father was talking about his father who was not a part of his life for years. Also a number of years after he was gone, my dad came to me in a dream, told me me loved me, kissed me on the cheek, said he had to go. In the dream there was a dark haired woman waiting for him by our back door. He and the woman went out the door. The next day I learned of the passing of our former neighbor, a woman with dark hair. To this day, I believe that he was helping her with her transition, and stopped by to say hello to me. There is no way that I had any knowledge of the former neighbor's health status as she had moved out of state long ago and we were not in contact.

Less than a day before she died, my mother spoke quite animatedly about a favorite aunt. Since then, I have felt my mother's presence at various times. I try to tell myself that it's because I WANT to feel it, but other people in the room have felt a strange presence simultaneously, including people who've never met her. And it did relate to someone near death.

I believe that there is a lot we don't know about the line between life and death. Both science and religion try to explain it. Both fail. If you can't destroy matter, and you can't destroy energy, maybe death is only a transformation of energy to a state that we are not familar with on this earth.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,862 times
II have witnessed it too -- absolutely they do! I do not believe anyone passes alone.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 PM

460 posts, read 592,978 times
MysticPhD:

Heavy, man!

I'd like to examine your comments, which means hitting the books again. Ha-ha. [What was Planck again? Damn! I just looked that up last week. I hate getting old!]

Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 PM

63,793 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
MysticPhD:

Heavy, man!

I'd like to examine your comments, which means hitting the books again. Ha-ha. [What was Planck again? Damn! I just looked that up last week. I hate getting old!]
If you are serious (and have not yet read my synthesis) this might be a shortcut for you.

My Synthesis1

My Synthesis2

My Synthesis3

My Synthesis4

Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 PM

460 posts, read 592,978 times
MysticPhD:

I promise I will get to your writings soon. As you can "see," my time is quite limited right now to enjoy the Internet. But you have my promise, and I always keep my promises.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,031 times
Quote:
I would ask you to stretch your mind with me for a moment.

Normally, we all think linearly. That is, 1 comes before 2, which comes before 3, and so on. This is very convenient for us, as it provides order to our lives.

But, what if 1 does not come before 2? What if 1 and 2 occur at the very same time?

What if we are living in the past, present, and future all at the same time? We have yet to be born, and yet we have already died.

If time has meaning only within this physical universe, then it would have no meaning in a spiritual universe. Or if some sort of time does exist in a spiritual universe (just to help keep our brains from exploding with this touch of the etherial), it certainly would bear no resemblence to time keeping on Earth or any of the other ways time beats elsewhere in the universe.

Thus, our friends and relatives are both alive and dead throughout our entire lives. Just because a person died on a particular linear point does not mean that this person is not "around" when it is our particular linear point to depart this physical world.
Thank you, I now have a headache! Happens every time I start thinking about alternate time lines and parallel universe probability.

If I have a headache, does the alternate me have one also?
If a tree falls in the forest.....
Does a bear s............

Old 10-24-2010, 04:04 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I agree with this ... and I doubt these "spirits" exist on a universe where time is even a factor. But this is just my own thinking. I don't expect others to agree.!
I agree. From what I understand, they see past, present and future. They are on a different plain than we are. We are material, at the moment, while they are spiritual.

Quote:
I have issues with this kind of concept. I guess I'm one of those who closes my mind to it. If we were indeed created, I feel it was not by something as ethereal as a "God" entity. I do entertain the possibility, but I simply cannot draw it to the Heaven/Hell/Paradise/Torture conclusions.!
What I believe is that the soul is created while the material body is evolving all the while that we are here. So both would be true.

Yeah, I don't believe in hell and torture junk. I believe that heaven and hell are one big place. Hell (soul darkness) being further away from God and light being closer. When we are totally in the light, we are at-one with God. When we are totally in the dark, we are the furthest away from God. Love is the key to all of it. The less love, the darker the soul.

Quote:
I agree here, too, but when people become so ingrained and fanatical about the belief, harm can definitely be possible (and HAS, innumerable times in the past). Especially when they feel they must do God's will. Killing others in His name, or neglecting to care for themselves and become fully-functioning members of society, because they are too busy praying for sustenance and forgiveness. Taken to extremes, as so many people do, is a burden on society and humanity.
Well, I can understand that. People use religion as a means to explain away their own imperfections. Being ignorant is an all too available imperfection that most people would rather stay in than see what may be more real. Like just loving one another. It's too easy I guess. If we all loved one another and admitted we are imperfect, working on perfection, we would see all the flaws. People don't like showing their flaws. I would much rather someone point out a flaw to be fixed than carry a flaw that remains the same.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
When I'm dressing to go out I often hear my father's voice saying "You're not going out looking like that are you?" Somehow, I don't think he's been hanging around in the spirit world for 25 years just to tell me I look daft in denims and boots at my age.
you should really stop smokin them funky cigarettes

Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 AM

5,513 posts, read 7,105,557 times
My friend was at her mother's death bed holding her while she was taking her last few breaths. My friend's father (dead 20 years) appeared to her and she handed her mother off to her father. She said it was the most magical moment of her life, putting her mother into her father's arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality