U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
3,490 posts, read 377,684 times
Reputation: 466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
Ok, this is a play off of several other threads, suppose you die and you are wrong. This means that for Athiests, there ends up being an afterlife, for everybody else, the afterlife isn't anything how you pictured it. Ok, so how is it different? Jews, you are being judged by Jesus, Christians-Osama Bin Laden will be your Judge, Muslims-You get judged by George Bush, Buddhists-you get judged by Mars the Roman God of War, all Pagans will be judged by a court of all the Popes of Medieval Europe, For the instance of time I will say everybody else is judged by the inbred judge of some small-*unheard of town in the mountains with a jury that doesn't like you because of your race. Everybody has the right to speak in their own defense to thier judge but they will have no mercy on any statements you say about "being confused" and are in a bad mood.

What are you going to say to them?

Just thought this might be a fun one, but please don't reply if you are just going to say something like "I know that won't happen because Jesus is my Lord" because, although we admire your faith, it ruins the fun. Thank you
Okay, I get what you're going for with the Osama thing, but couldn't you have picked someone else? Anyone else? Having a Muslim judge isn't what bothers me as a Christian, it's the fact that it's Osama that bugs me, as an American!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
253 posts, read 441,278 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Well, Christians don't take the possibility of no God existing seriously, but we don't make flippant comments when asked what we'd do if it were so. That's all the poster was saying, and I think most of us gave heartfelt answers.
Well, I suppose that Religion is just a bit more serious than lack of, no offense to the atheists, but it seems to me that not believing in God would make you a bit more free to joke about whatever you want right? But given that this situation is completely rediculous I am kind of looking for rediculous replies anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
253 posts, read 441,278 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
What are you going to say to them?

I might have a chance here ( bein from a small unheard of town in the mountains)Hopefully they will bend a little, because most of us here ARE the same race but It will definitly go against me because I wasn't born here. I might plead my case this way.." Dear judge I'mmyown Grandpa, I stand before you and beg for your mercy, because even tho I was an outsider, I stayed and learned how to figger out how everyone is related to the original
two settlers here. I spent many hours sittin on the front porch learnin how to spit tobaccy through the gap in my front teeth, and I have walked these hillsides so many years that one leg is shorter than the other." That would be the best I could do
LOL, ok, I think you're in after that speach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM
 
1,016 posts, read 2,023,242 times
Reputation: 624
Hey Osama, mind if I change into something cooler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
 
6,983 posts, read 16,673,722 times
Reputation: 6559
And suppose that everyone is wrong and after death there is nothing. How are you going to know that you didn't know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
253 posts, read 441,278 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And suppose that everyone is wrong and after death there is nothing. How are you going to know that you didn't know?
well, that wouldn't make everybody wrong, that would make the atheists right. With this thread I was trying to make it so everybody was wrong, for the athiests it is the fact that there is an afterlife, for everybody else it is the fact that the afterlife is completely different than what they expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 363,465 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post
Well, I suppose that Religion is just a bit more serious than lack of, no offense to the atheists, but it seems to me that not believing in God would make you a bit more free to joke about whatever you want right? But given that this situation is completely rediculous I am kind of looking for rediculous replies anyway

Actually and in my opinion, I think that lacking a belief in God and eternity is much more serious than having a belief in God.

I'm sorry that I didn't realize you were looking for ridiculous replies. I believe you received several.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 07:05 PM
 
6,983 posts, read 16,673,722 times
Reputation: 6559
Maybe Reincarnation is the answer. Continuing the life of the soul without assigning it a place in heaven or hell. No god, just an extension of the spirit life.

Have you ever heard or seen of dogs so mistreated that you wonder what they ever did to deserve such a fate. Perhaps in a previous life they earned that treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 363,465 times
Reputation: 700
Totally off subject, but there is no dog on Earth that deserves to be treated badly and inhumanely. I cannot stand people who do such a thing; they need to be put away. Dogs do nothing to deserve that kind of fate; all they want is to be loved.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Valley of the Sun, Arizona
253 posts, read 441,278 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Actually and in my opinion, I think that lacking a belief in God and eternity is much more serious than having a belief in God.

I'm sorry that I didn't realize you were looking for ridiculous replies. I believe you received several.
Sorry, I don't think I said it clearly, not that one is a more serious matter than the other, just that being religious calls for a greater level of seriousness whereas if you don't believe in God the only rules that rule you are the ones you choose to follow, there is no fear of damnation and you don't worry about God getting mad at you because you don't believe in him. On the other hand, if you are religous you have to take care not to say something sacreligious because you have to make sure you don't end up having an eternity of Hell to deal with becuase your fate is irreversable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top