Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Have you tried texting?
Maybe he should try sexting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1
Hello, over the course of the last 5 or 6 months, I have asked for a sign from God about the same thing, so maybe 50 times. How can you tell if you got your sign or if you ask 50 times and 49 times you do not get a sign, is the 50th time now just a co incidence and not a sign at all? How can you tell?
Are you circumcised? Because you're sort of like persona non gratis if you're not. You know, Yahoo can't tell if you're one of his followers or not if you aren't circumcised. Maybe you could take a photo of your John Thomas with your cell-phone and send him the photo. He just might recognize you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Maybe you should try a different server

Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If you get a sign, you might not realize it is a sign right away because it might not be what you thought the sign would be. It is also sometimes metaphorical or almost humorous. Or maybe you need to ask the question differently. It's hard to tell because you don't say what you are asking about, which of course is your personal business.
You mean, change the question so that you get the "response" you want? Instead of asking god "Should I take that job in New York? Please give me a sign", you could instead say: "God, if I should take that job in New York please give me a sign, otherwise, I'll accept that you do not want me to take it." That way if you get no response from god, you could take it as a "no" (or however you worded the question).

Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
The only sign God will show you when asking for one....is the sign of Jonah....the beached whale senerio....

Jesus said this.....So that is the sign...and as far as I know....many whales have beached themselves over the past few years in larger numbers than ever before!

So take that as a sign or signs, It's up to you to see them when they occur...eh?...and what comes out of The whales belly?... is words of warnings of woe and wrath to the lands it comes to that do not uphold the commandments of God and Christ Jesus.....More singing signs of Jonah no doubt to look forward to...so now it is also woe and wrath and beaching....

1. How many signs do you need?
2. Do you ware glasses or have eye problems?
3. Are you listening to the news these days?...if so are you putting two and two together right?
4. If you do not believe, then you faith or lack of it constricts your capacity to know or see or hear any signs or words of any sign...or word of correction...for if your heart is black or dark and not in it, and you doubt with your mind, then you will not know God, or his handy works..or his signs!!

Be well.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
You mean, change the question so that you get the "response" you want? Instead of asking god "Should I take that job in New York? Please give me a sign", you could instead say: "God, if I should take that job in New York please give me a sign, otherwise, I'll accept that you do not want me to take it." That way if you get no response from god, you could take it as a "no" (or however you worded the question).
LOL, no that's not what I meant.

I'm not even sure what the OP would consider to be a "sign". If you're saying "God, if I should take that job in New York please let there be a blue jay squawking from the hemlock tree in the front yard tomorrow morning at 7 a.m." 49 times because you know there's a good possibility that eventually this could really occur the 50th time, then I think that the asker is trying to control things a little too much. Or if you are just saying, "If I should take that job, show me a sign" and then sit around waiting for some sort of vision or something, you aren't going to get an answer at all.

However, if you put out the question, "Should I take that job in New York?" and then just let go of the thought and proceed with your life, you will get an answer. Something will occur to let you know which decision to make. Not everyone calls this "a sign from God". Some people refer to it as following your intuition, or "tapping into the flow". Doesn't matter, it's all the same thing.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-29-2010 at 09:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2010, 02:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
You did get a sign....50 times. It just wasn't what you wanted to get.

Perhaps He was saying "Figure out the best way for yourself. That's why you have a brain, will power, and the ability to think."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality