U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 2,609,372 times
Reputation: 780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You don't believe it is government sponsored....ought oh...

Now you expect me to believe it is good Muslim peasant folk doing this? You can't get me up early enough in the day for that one. Sorry...their governments are sponsoring the terrorist. The terrorist, would not be able to operate otherwise.

I believe it is Muslim extremists and they have an agenda. I won't argue with you over that because those that want to see all muslims as the same won't have their minds changed.

 
Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: A Winding Road
3,873 posts, read 1,826,330 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I believe it is Muslim extremists and they have an agenda. I won't argue with you over that because those that want to see all muslims as the same won't have their minds changed.
Neither will those who see all Christians the same, they will never change their minds, as well.
 
Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 2,609,372 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Neither will those who see all Christians the same, they will never change their minds, as well.
You know not all Muslims are the same and not all Christians are the same but when you say it is all muslims killing Christians or it is the governments killing Christians how is that not islamophobia?

There are Muslim fundlmentalist extremists who have an agenda and want Christians out of Muslim lands.

It is easy to see the other as the "same" it is harder to see them as not all the same.

These same muslims are also killing muslims too. Not just Christians....
 
Old 02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
3,910 posts, read 1,822,432 times
Reputation: 1122
When you consider all the killing the Christians did in the Middle Ages and you read in chapter 31 of the book of Numbers about the killing the Jews did, you realize that none of us have any right to criricize the Muslims.

All we can do is to make sure our military is strong in case they try to hurt us. If that happens, we can deal with them like we dealt with the Germans and the Japanese.
 
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 AM
 
Location: A Winding Road
3,873 posts, read 1,826,330 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You know not all Muslims are the same and not all Christians are the same but when you say it is all muslims killing Christians or it is the governments killing Christians how is that not islamophobia?

There are Muslim fundlmentalist extremists who have an agenda and want Christians out of Muslim lands.

It is easy to see the other as the "same" it is harder to see them as not all the same.

These same muslims are also killing muslims too. Not just Christians....
When did I say it is all Muslims killing Christians? However, I did give a reason to believe that it could be the government leaders of the middle east that may be supporting these terrorists and their activities. The governments are the ones with all the money to help purchase the armory.

The disputed debate was whether or not the term holocaust applied or not. My contingency based on the definition of the word, death by fire, those who had died by use of bombs that result in a blaze that have killed people, the term holocaust does apply. The bombs go off in the churches and the people trapped inside, burn to death.

Islamophobia is a made up word, liken to me saying gunophobia. (imho)
Quote:
that the term was coined by Iranian Islamists, as part of their campaign against the modern Western world, which was the point of the 1979 revolution that brought down the shah.
Faster, Please! » “Islamophobia”

Most everyone can agree, guns don't jump up and kill people, yet people, will use guns to kill people. Islam by itself can not kill any one. To utilize and tack on the term phobia in association with Islam as a belief system, is to insert a brainwashing technique, used to belittle people and increase a scare by the use of, fear, or to be afraid of....

Extreme is a word that denotes an off balance of too much, or too little. Asking for too little of something is just as harmful as asking for too much of the same thing.

A fundamental is a basic principle of a structure.
Quote:
Muslim fundlmentalist extremists
^Does that even exist? If so, by whose definition? Surely, by applying what is, we can determine that which isn't. adding: imho, that is a derogatory in terms.

Facts do not tell the truth. The truth is all in how one wishes it to be perceived as such.

Fact, there have been massive killings of those who are Christian taking place in the middle east. Also, Christians are being forced from their homes and their land in order to survive and not be brutally maimed, killed and utterly destroyed. Death by beheading, very popular there.

Since the term holocaust has already been used as a term to describe a similar horrific event in history, many will refrain from the use of the word again and will insist there is no comparison to the murders of the Christians and the Muslims in today's time. Why is that?

Quote:
These same muslims are also killing muslims too.
The dispute between the Sunni and the Shiite began, because
Quote:
Tribes all around Arabia broke out in open revolt; while they continued to acknowledge Muhammad as a prophet, they refused to send taxes to Medina now that Muhammad no longer lived.
my bold for emphasis The Four Righteous Caliphs (http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ebatke/itl/denise/right.htm - broken link)

There is our "religion of peace" which is all about tax dollars---nothing more.

To believe or not to believe---has nothing to do with it! It isn't about one's religion, at all. However, Islam is utilizing the faith as one might utilize a gun to do its bidding.

Does the term holocaust apply? I believe so, yes.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 02-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: adding:
 
Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 AM
 
Location: A Winding Road
3,873 posts, read 1,826,330 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
When you consider all the killing the Christians did in the Middle Ages and you read in chapter 31 of the book of Numbers about the killing the Jews did, you realize that none of us have any right to criricize the Muslims.

All we can do is to make sure our military is strong in case they try to hurt us. If that happens, we can deal with them like we dealt with the Germans and the Japanese.
Something occurred to me the other day---'those who criticize most, criticize last'. I'm not sure how that applies to anything, but it stuck in my head. I'm sure I am trying to work something out. Could be those who criticize the most should be the last to criticize at all?

Be that as it may or may not be---dealing with any one that the result is in the taking of a life, some one will come along and go---that's just wrong. However, noble the cause, the reason is rarely of one that can be justified by some and never by all.

That's just the way it is...
 
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 AM
 
774 posts, read 318,445 times
Reputation: 182
Christian leaders in Pakistan meet their end:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/de...ans-christians

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 03-02-2011 at 09:01 AM..
 
Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 PM
 
774 posts, read 318,445 times
Reputation: 182
It never ends. The religion of peace continues on the path of Christian destruction:

Thousands of Christians Displaced in Ethiopia After Muslim Extremists Torch Churches, Homes - FoxNews.com
 
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
 
Location: A Winding Road
3,873 posts, read 1,826,330 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
It never ends. The religion of peace continues on the path of Christian destruction:

Thousands of Christians Displaced in Ethiopia After Muslim Extremists Torch Churches, Homes - FoxNews.com
And it all boils down to this:
John
15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. (my bold)
 
Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM
 
30,867 posts, read 19,139,236 times
Reputation: 15084
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Insurgents in Iraq seize Catholic church in Baghdad - World - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/01/1901985/insurgents-in-iraq-seize-catholic.html - broken link)

The last paragraph is particularly important. This paragraph describes something that has gone on in the middle east since around 600 A.D.
LMAO....you used the word CRUSADE in your title to complain about muslims attacking christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top