Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So it was always defensive? Yes or no?

You seem to struggle with answering yes or no questions.
you seem to have a problem with open answers. also, you have already predetermined the answer to that question for yourself. how can my opinion, be important to you?

from a strategic stance i'd say they took the offensive route.

hint, my answer is within the quoted text.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
you seem to have a problem with open answers. also, you have already predetermined the answer to that question for yourself. how can my opinion, be important to you?

from a strategic stance i'd say they took the offensive route.

hint, my answer is within the quoted text.
Oh, I have no illusions of your opinion changing.

All I can do is show the hypocrisy and denial of history which then allows the readers of the thread to draw their own conclusions as to the motivation behind your hatred of muslims.

Why not just say you hate muslims and be done with it? It's like some of the groups that make up stuff about jewish blood rites or conspiracies etc. so they can defend their bigotry as "logical". They just wind up looking worse than if they just came out and said they just don't like the group in question.

Most of the stuff I read here looks like someone took some atheist rant about Christianity and replaced the word Christian with Muslim. I think anyone that maligns a group with hundreds of millions of adherents en masse needs to take a long hard look at themselves. I wouldn't expect and atheist to do that but a Christian should know better.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Oh, I have no illusions of your opinion changing.

All I can do is show the hypocrisy and denial of history which then allows the readers of the thread to draw their own conclusions as to the motivation behind your hatred of muslims.

Why not just say you hate muslims and be done with it? It's like some of the groups that make up stuff about jewish blood rites or conspiracies etc. so they can defend their bigotry as "logical". They just wind up looking worse than if they just came out and said they just don't like the group in question.

Most of the stuff I read here looks like someone took some atheist rant about Christianity and replaced the word Christian with Muslim. I think anyone that maligns a group with hundreds of millions of adherents en masse needs to take a long hard look at themselves. I wouldn't expect and atheist to do that but a Christian should know better.
Find the text that I wrote that said that I hated Muslims. Meanwhile as you search for that that does not exist, go back into history....and do some catchup work.

BBC - History - British History in depth: British Slaves on the Barbary Coast

hint, you actually have to get proactive in this; click the link and read. (you are not alone. that is something people on c-d rarely do, additional reading.) I know you didn't read the other historical material that I linked to, because you are still spewing gibberish.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Find the text that I wrote that said that I hated Muslims. Meanwhile as you search for that that does not exist, go back into history....and do some catchup work.

BBC - History - British History in depth: British Slaves on the Barbary Coast

hint, you actually have to get proactive in this; click the link and read. (you are not alone. that is something people on c-d rarely do, additional reading.) I know you didn't read the other historical material that I linked to, because you are still spewing gibberish.
I've read your links and haven't discounted them. In fact I agree with them.
Muslim slavers? Absolutely.
Then there were the Christians that bought slaves from Africa and shipped them throughout the Americas to be owned by other mostly christians. (Or did that not happen in your reality?)

How about when the christians murdered tens of thousands of jews during the black plague for "poisoning wells"? Oh wait, let me guess....THAT never really happened, the sources are biased.....LOL.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM

889 posts, read 825,586 times
Quote:
Then there were the Christians that bought slaves from Africa and shipped them throughout the Americas to be owned by other mostly christians. (Or did that not happen in your reality?)

How about when the christians murdered tens of thousands of jews during the black plague for "poisoning wells"? Oh wait, let me guess....THAT never really happened, the sources are biased.....LOL.
And what does this have to do with Muslims running Christians out of every Muslim country?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't know, you haven't provided me with the sources.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't know, you haven't provided me with the sources.
BBC - Religions - Judaism: Readmission of Jews to Britain in 1656

Frederick Douglass, Baptists, Congregationalists, the Free Church, and Slavery

Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM

And, what was life like in Africa in 1845, compared to life in the states as a slave?

The Pen of Frederick Douglass

Your sources do not appear to be of a biased nature, however, there's more to the story, I'm sure.

And just so we are clear,

Slavery in the Biblical times, in that society, it was man's law that one must own a slave. There was no way out of it. A person who did not take up a slave into their home would face consequences determined under the law of the land.

The people made a convent unto God and God expressed, treat the slave as an equal member of your home, as a family member. Those who knew of God, did just that. Those who did not know God, did not do that.

There is a way to do what is morally right and ethically right, even when man's law opposes those moral and ethical rights.

The Muslims that are running the Christians up and out of their homes and out of their land today, are not acting in accordance with God. Unless of course, they are trying to move them out of dangers way...but, they bomb the Churches the Christians are in...so their actions tells us of their moral and ethical, lack of, in their deeds.

Perhaps there are two kinds of Muslims, one type trying desperately to assist and get the Christian out of harms way and the other that wishes to do them harm.

There is always the one (sometimes more) within a group who knows and does what is right and goes against the group. As well as, there is the one who is the instigator who works the group and motivates them to bad deeds. That is why, I don't do labels.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 PM

I found more on the topic of your first link:
The Edict of Expulsion of 1290, expelling the Jews from England
"Attempts were made as early as the 13th century by the Church to protect the Jews against the hatred of the populace and against this particular accusation."

The Christians did not believe they were ritual killings, but the government did.

Adding: "
alleged crucifixions of Christian children only seemed to happen when kings were short of money."

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 03-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: adding quote from page cited

Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I found more on the topic of your first link:
The Edict of Expulsion of 1290, expelling the Jews from England
"Attempts were made as early as the 13th century by the Church to protect the Jews against the hatred of the populace and against this particular accusation."

The Christians did not believe they were ritual killings, but the government did.

Adding: "
alleged crucifixions of Christian children only seemed to happen when kings were short of money."

That's some excuse. Can't we use the same one for barbary pirates? Oh wait, no....wrong religion.

Plus you ignored the other stuff.......

Buh bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality