Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM

465 posts, read 528,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Again, those who do not accept the Biblical numbers of people who crossed over the Red Sea, are just those who don't believe the Bible anyway. I am not concerned with their personal opinions. The Bible tells us two million people crossed over.

And you are the one who is suggesting that the Egyptians made this crude altar. I see nothing in any historical account that would suggest Egyptians ever did anything like that. I have been following the Biblical account. You on the other hand have ignored the account, and are floating theories that are based on no historical evidence. It's not that I'm some kind of archaeology expert. Yet, I base my beliefs on the written word. Where as your beliefs are based more on your own imagination.

Not far from the crossing site is found the story of the crossing written in stone. So it would be inaccurate to suggest that no such evidence exist. The writing was photographed in 1857 by Francis Frith. The Sinaitic Inscriptions were found in Wadee El-Mukattab, Sinai. This is extra Biblical evidence, that agrees with the Biblical account. You can read the account for yourself found on the first page of the link below.

The Hebrew Red Sea Crossing (Exodus)
Can you find a few links from non biblical sites? Or from people who don't have an agenda to prove the bible right no matter what? It would help your case much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Can you find a few links from non biblical sites? Or from people who don't have an agenda to prove the bible right no matter what? It would help your case much more.
It's doubtful that non Biblical believers will be looking to prove the Bible.
Just as I would not ask a believer in evolution to produce facts that prove the Biblical story of creation.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
That was a rather artless evasion.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:37 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Just as I would not ask a believer in evolution to produce facts that prove the Biblical story of creation.
You are correct...Unlike bible believers, non bible believers are simply looking for truth.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
So I should say to you that it's doubtful that you are actually looking for answers, but are only trying to prove the bible.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM

And you do realize the archaeology is not full of people out to disprove the bible. They simply go and look for historic artifacts. They found tons of relics about the old gods of the greeks and other civilizations, but they don't believe in their stories.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are correct...Unlike bible believers, non bible believers are simply looking for truth.
If that were true, non Bible believers would not ignore historical evidence that is presented to them from Bible believers. Nor would they create their own versions of historical events that are based only on their imaginations.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
And you do realize the archaeology is not full of people out to disprove the bible. They simply go and look for historic artifacts. They found tons of relics about the old gods of the greeks and other civilizations, but they don't believe in their stories.

Unlike the gods of the past Greek civilizations. The Bible has a written account that can be followed. It does not just make empty statements. The prophecies of the Bible can be followed even to our time. The Greek Gods, and their stories from the past have nothing like this at all. And because of that, no one should believe their stories. Also, the accounts of the Red Sea crossing found in the Bible are very detailed. And when the Bible tells us God desended on Mt. Sinia like a furnace of fire. That is one of the reason they were able to locate the real Mt. Sinia today. And what they have discovered, is that the top of this granit mountain is burnt black. And all around the mountain, they have found evidence that fully matches the details of the Biblical account. And when such evidence is being confirmed. Then those are stories that one should consider.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:30 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
If that were true, non Bible believers would not ignore historical evidence that is presented to them from Bible believers. Nor would they create their own versions of historical events that are based only on their imaginations.
Sorry old bud, you have that backwards....Real archeologists do not create events...They search for REAL evidence of events, and that is generally not found in the bible. Your whole life is based on imaginary events, so you should be the last person to talk.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
So I should say to you that it's doubtful that you are actually looking for answers, but are only trying to prove the bible.
I'm looking for confirmation that the Bible is true. Just as a scientist would search for information that would prove a given theory. And when one finds such proof. Then one should really consider it. Don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality