U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,031,976 times
Reputation: 5433

Advertisements

freedom wrote:
Quote:
Man/Woman becomes a living soul, at the point of breath.
Life begins at conception, spirit enters at breath....
godspeed,

freedom
I've never heard that explanation before, that's an interesting thought but what is your source for this? So I guess you're saying at the moment of birth when the baby takes it's first breath of air it also inhales a soul. Does anything different happen if a baby is born prematurely or has breathing problems and has to be put on a respirator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,245,030 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
freedom wrote:

I've never heard that explanation before, that's an interesting thought but what is your source for this? So I guess you're saying at the moment of birth when the baby takes it's first breath of air it also inhales a soul. Does anything different happen if a baby is born prematurely or has breathing problems and has to be put on a respirator?
Genesis creation explains the process with Adam.
As to health issues, if the baby doesn't take a breath, it doesn't live. How long one lives is determined on air nitrogen/oxygen, no matter how it is facilitated.
It receives a spirit, soul = body and spirit.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 21,852,982 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe we receive our soul at moment of conception regardless of how it occurs.
We're having twins via surrogate/egg donor, and this is how it works. They harvest the eggs and fertilize several - 8 in our case. They watch them in the laboratory for 4 days or so and evaluate them. I don't know how they can tell, but they told us that two of them were excellent and the others weren't, and were unlikely to implant and become a baby. So we went with the two and now have twins. As the doctor explained to us, eggs can be fertilized in the "natuarl way" and never implant or become a baby. I don't consider a fertilized egg in a dish to be a human and had no problem donating the remaining ones for stem cell research. I know some people consider that "murder", but I don't consider it abortion or murder. For those blobs of cells to become a human, more steps must take place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,245,030 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We're having twins via surrogate/egg donor, and this is how it works. They harvest the eggs and fertilize several - 8 in our case. They watch them in the laboratory for 4 days or so and evaluate them. I don't know how they can tell, but they told us that two of them were excellent and the others weren't, and were unlikely to implant and become a baby. So we went with the two and now have twins. As the doctor explained to us, eggs can be fertilized in the "natuarl way" and never implant or become a baby. I don't consider a fertilized egg in a dish to be a human and had no problem donating the remaining ones for stem cell research. I know some people consider that "murder", but I don't consider it abortion or murder. For those blobs of cells to become a human, more steps must take place.
Congratulations!

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 21,852,982 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Congratulations!

godspeed,

freedom
Thanks! My kids will have a picture of themselves as a glob of cells in a dish - in color no less! And a video of them sucking thumbs and kicking in the womb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,245,030 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Thanks! My kids will have a picture of themselves as a glob of cells in a dish - in color no less! And a video of them sucking thumbs and kicking in the womb.
Baby album jewels.... We still have pics of our kids done with the ultra sound.
Your children will know the extent you went to, in order to get them here. That's cool.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 AM
 
571 posts, read 753,937 times
Reputation: 58
I think this who argument is a bunch of #%##%# ( want this arguement to come through dont block it lol)

1st. I love how Christains think they have the right to vein there relgion into a our goverment.

2nd Very Hipcriticle because, i asked many priest this "If a baby you know for a fact is going to be Muslim and he kills 20 people so theres no way of him going to heaven isnt that killing the argument of abortion"

they thought long and hard and choose their words carefully and agreed it does.

So the whole notion of loss of life is out.

2nd the next time that one criminal from an orphanage kills someone, plz say its just because it happens every week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2008, 04:16 AM
 
613 posts, read 1,134,230 times
Reputation: 187
test tube people unfortunetly have no souls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2008, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Earth
24,635 posts, read 23,339,272 times
Reputation: 11247
That's ok because neither do any humans have a soul in the eyes of this atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 AM
 
613 posts, read 1,134,230 times
Reputation: 187
yea but through the eyes of a test tube person....there is nothing...they have no soul. they are merely a manifested abomination. people shouldn't play god in such ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top