U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 AM

54 posts, read 148,460 times

Advertisements

chielgirl;And I think once it can exist on its own without support from either a host body or mechanical hookups.

A two year old can't live on it's own without support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,349,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
yea but through the eyes of a test tube person....there is nothing...they have no soul. they are merely a manifested abomination. people shouldn't play god in such ways.
You're not serious, are you?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:20 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,306,263 times
allah truth wrote:
Quote:
test tube people unfortunetly have no souls
I don't believe anybody has them but in order for you to make that statement are you able to actually detect souls in other people who were born the old fashioned way but you weren't able to detect them in what you call "test tube people"? What is the basis for your statement?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:07 AM

13,446 posts, read 21,086,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
yea but through the eyes of a test tube person....there is nothing...they have no soul. they are merely a manifested abomination. people shouldn't play god in such ways.
Where did the egg come from to make this "test tube baby"? Where did the sperm come from to make this test tube baby? Where was the womb that nourished this "test tube baby"? You seem to be implying that the "test tube person" is not human? IMO, as a believer (not a christian, because I am not allowed to be one on this forum), but God gave us science and scientific research into this area because there are many men and women who desire to be parents and for some reason or other just can't physically make it happen..A "testtube person" ( that is a very annoying phrase you use)is as much a human as you or I am, and (imo) I am sure that when that child took his first breath outside the womb that he also had a soul..His eyes are not bottomless pits..He is not sokme frankenstein..He is one of Gods creations.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM

13,446 posts, read 21,086,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We're having twins via surrogate/egg donor, and this is how it works. They harvest the eggs and fertilize several - 8 in our case. They watch them in the laboratory for 4 days or so and evaluate them. I don't know how they can tell, but they told us that two of them were excellent and the others weren't, and were unlikely to implant and become a baby. So we went with the two and now have twins. As the doctor explained to us, eggs can be fertilized in the "natuarl way" and never implant or become a baby. I don't consider a fertilized egg in a dish to be a human and had no problem donating the remaining ones for stem cell research. I know some people consider that "murder", but I don't consider it abortion or murder. For those blobs of cells to become a human, more steps must take place.
Congratulations on the twins and thank you for the donation to stem cell research..We are so nclose to curing a lot of hopeless diseases because of stem cell and hopefully to help the paralyzed people to walk, talk, and breathe again on their own..

Old 02-20-2008, 10:26 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,058,597 times
As I understand it the "soul" as a seperate entity in or hovering around the body is a rather misunderstood concept. The soul (in my beleifs) is what spiritually remains after we die. Therefore, there is no soul that pops into a body at any given time. It is the gift of eternal life we are given after physical death. I guess you could say the soul is "created" with physical death. Am I making sense?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,349,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Congratulations on the twins and thank you for the donation to stem cell research..We are so nclose to curing a lot of hopeless diseases because of stem cell and hopefully to help the paralyzed people to walk, talk, and breathe again on their own..
Thanks! I have a friend who is Catholic and very freaked out that these cells went to research. She felt that the moral thing would have been to spend a few hundred grand on more surrogates to give them all a chance. I felt that by donating to research, there was a better chance of saving human lives, or at least contributing to that.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM

4,708 posts, read 7,527,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I don't know when the soul enters, but I know there isn't any life until or chance of a baby until the embryo is implanted into a uterus....so definitely after that happens. I can't imagine all those souls being wasted in labs and early miscarriages, that would be dumb.

Where was this 'soul' existing before it enters the fetus?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM

613 posts, read 1,149,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You're not serious, are you?
no not at all sorry.......just joshin

Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,813,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Where was this 'soul' existing before it enters the fetus?
In James Brown, why do you think he felt so good

YouTube - James Brown - E I Feel Good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality